Re:Reviews for Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition

[Post New]by IamaGameJunkie on Dec 23, 12 9:11 AM
I didn't like the game theme at all the other day when I initially tried the demo. I live near the GG Bridge on the north end (which was depicted very well in the opening scene). In real life, suicides are a common occurence on the GGB. I shut the whole thing down about 2 minutes after the opening scene for 3 reasons:

1. The last thing I wanted to see this week in the opening scene of a game is a very very realistic murder with a gun. I can't even remember a game that I bought here that started out like this one on . Any other time, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but

2.FOR to release this game on Thursday LESS THAN a WEEK ago, when the Newtown, CT massacre of 6 year olds and adults took place, releases this game. Shame on you ....show some respect, flags are still flying at half mast today and 4 to 5 funerals were held on the day this was released. It never occurred to me that located in the state of Washington would be this insensitive, especially as big a company that you are, that you could not swap out another game in it's place, at least until the American flag was raised back up.

3. AND to ERS, that's pretty lame, using the same or so close to same train puzzle as in Penumbra in this game, too. We all know puzzles get repeated, like using rings, and turning them. But they at least have different designs/colors in keeping with the theme of a particular game......but the train...come on.

Side Notes:
Personally, clowns creep me out.
Today I tried again, no more guns, I hope most of the clowns were in the beginning. If clowns are the theme, this will be the worst ERS game I bought. At least it's on sale and will complete in the future. I love ERS games except Penumbra and didn't buy it because of the live acting. I can watch TV instead. I prefer IHOGS with some lite adventure the way ERS games were, along with their graphics, voice overs, stories and they have 'just the right' difficulty level. I want to enjoy the entire game and not skip puzzles. There have been more moans than praise in the past year and this is to let ERS know that I'm a fan for just as they are.
I don't know how fishies can play this game in 2 hours or less.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone!

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Dec 24, 12 5:15 PM
Frankly, I purchased this game right away when I saw it was a HOS without any HOS! But - I finished the game over 2 evenings and I'm just not that into it. While the graphics are beautiful and I play these games for the puzzles only - I found myself skipping puzzles at the end just so I could hurry up and finish. Also - I couldn't quite get all the puzzles to work properly. Instructions were not helpful and I feel I'm pretty good at figuring out how to work things (i.e. Ravenhurst door puzzles) but the ring puzzle on the conference table was just frustrating. And I was into that one - but ended up skipping it.

Overall, I think it's missing something. Unfortunately, I don't know quite what that is. Kinda' like hit movies - sometimes you just can't put your finger on it - it's just great. The story started out intriguing but certainly didn't keep my attention nor did it stick close enough to it to give me a really satisfactory experience. It became a run around, put on some new shoes and run around some more game for me.

I still have to finish the bonus chapter which I began but just couldn't keep doing it... I'm so incredibly bored by these games these days. After the latest MCF debacle (which I liked in the beginning but was severely disappointed in at the end), I went back to Madame Fate and Ravenhurst. The mini games (though the HOS over and over in MF are debilitating) are fabulous, wonderful, fantastic! The door puzzles in Ravenhurst can't be beat. Where are great puzzles like these to be found these days? Not in this game, unfortunately. Really, it's just the same old thing and for some reason, ERS games make my computer sound like a jet engine the entire game. That's off-putting enough.

I'm sorry for the purchase but I did get the buy 1 get 1 free deal so I'm off to the other and quite happily so.

Edited on 12/24/2012 at 5:23:08 PM PST

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Dec 26, 12 7:14 AM
just finished game. took me about 3 days on casual. games were a little hard for me but easy. i liked the fact that it had no hos. too bad no hidden objects to look for in whole game like morphing items? i didnt have to change curser which usually i have to. no tech problems except the wrench puppet which i just skipped. all in all great game. i have windows vista and is around 5 yearsold i think.

Ophelya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ophelya on Dec 26, 12 5:22 PM
The game was enjoyable, but some of the help instructions to solve the puzzles were wrong or not quite helpful e.g. elevator matching with names and the name in the studio was supposed to be filled in counterclockwise and in fact it needed to be filled in clockwise...

[Post New]by nurcats on Dec 28, 12 10:52 AM
Why is this listed as a hidden object game? I bought & played the collectors edition-it was nothing but a puzzle game. No hidden objects at all. I did not like the game & would not recomend it to Hidden object fans. Nurcats

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 28, 12 10:53 AM
Finished the game now, and frankly, the further it got, the more bored I became. In fact, I only just remembered that the hobo Sam (whom I love) was part of the game. While he was around, the game went at a decent pace, and it was interesting. But all of a sudden, he was gone, and from the moment I stepped into the studio, the game started to go downhill.

I also didn't care too much for most of the puzzles, unlike the ones in the latest "Spirits of Mystery" game, a game I loved playing all the way through. Most puzzles in this game I just skipped. Was bored, bored, bored with them.

And I don't even want to talk about the boring bonus game.

The only reason I bought the CE was because I got it in the sale. So I can console myself by telling myself that this was the game I got for naught.

Edited on 12/28/2012 at 11:35:34 AM PST

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Dec 28, 12 12:31 PM
I did like this game, but without any HO's, it isnt a buy for me. Had the Devs put a few in,, it would have been an instant buy.

num1mxmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by num1mxmom on Jan 1, 13 9:37 PM
Storyline was great, really enjoyed playing this game.
It was fun and exciting. It took me a few hrs to complete.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 12, 13 8:43 AM
we seem to find this game to short, but it was a good game. very colorful.--------------doug & lisa

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Mar 25, 13 1:27 AM
Got this in the sale as well.

It was enjoyable and the graphics were nice and colorful; especially loved the city scenery and the rain. Some puzzles were terribly annoying, had to skip one. And one had a mistake in the instructions (clockwise/counter-clockwise) had to look in the SG to solve it.

Loved using objects and the inventory items, with no HO scenes at all. Felt more like an adventure game than a HO game.

Go to: