bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 4, 13 1:58 PM
Hi Gracie540,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! Since it sounds like you've tried a few troubleshooting steps already, I highly recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. They're set up a bit better to look into issues like that than us here in the Forums. Providing them with a Dr. Felix Report is also hugely helpful for them to determine the cause of the issue and hopefully get you back to gaming quickly!

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BRANDYMOLLY on Jan 5, 13 7:18 AM
paying for games that wont open i have installed this game 5 times to have it flicker and thats it. just got the new collectors game and had no problems. with the problems i read others are having why isn't it fixed

[Post New]by Gracie540 on Jan 5, 13 9:17 AM
Hi bfgSeine.I'm way ahead of you.I'm waiting to hear from them now.Thank you for taking the time to respond.I'm addicted to bfg,I'm building quite a collection.This was the only game I've had trouble with and I'm sure it will be taken care of.I don't mind waiting,I bought other games I can play.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 6, 13 3:33 AM
Heya BRANDYMOLLY, welcome to the Pond!

As your screen keeps flickering when you try to open this game it could be that some of the drivers on your computer could do with a little update. You can do this easily by following the steps in this help article.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 6, 13 1:00 PM
game moved in slow motion then not at all.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jan 6, 13 3:55 PM
I am stuck at the ice game on the catwalk part of the game. It works half way on the puzzle skip portion, stops and I can't finish the game. Help. I really don't want to start over at this point. I have exited the game and tried again, still won't work.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 6, 13 4:41 PM
Hi iamshiva and huffpatsy,

It sounds like you both are experiencing a kind of game freeze. When that happens, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers, and the programs that handle the display aspects of the game. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get everything straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to look at how the game is running on your particular system and will work with you directly to get things resolved from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jan 7, 13 11:20 AM
My game crashed during the bonus game, the lightbulb part, but I was able to start it without losing any progress.

[Post New]by Gemini2552 on Jan 7, 13 6:51 PM
I am in the Archives and the Archivest was supposed to give me a little mailman and a key, it didn't. Now what do I do??

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 8, 13 9:50 AM
Hey there Fishies!

eedebeep: Sorry to hear about the game crashing, but glad that no progress was lost!

Gemini2552: Since those items were not received, it's possible that an earlier part of the game may not have been fully completed. I would definitely take a look at the in game Strategy Guide to see whether there are any other steps that need to be completed before that.

If there are any further issues in the game please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. Our reps are great, and will do everything they can to help!

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Jan 9, 13 8:50 AM
I have a PC and have starting playing the bonus game; when I went back into it to finish playing; the screen is totally black, but I can see the pointer only. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it remains the same

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 9, 13 10:31 AM
Thanks for posting about those black screen issues, Sidney420, and for already uninstalling and reinstalling the game!

There are a few reasons why the black screen is showing, and it may help to first check for any video card driver updates as this can helps the game display properly.

If that doesn't help or you'd prefer to work with someone directly be sure to get in touch with Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of the reps will do everything they can to help fix that!

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 11, 13 6:21 PM
I tried to play this game. I really did.

I downloaded and it installed without any issues. I clicked the "Play" button..............and nothing happened. Clicked it again, hourglass for a few seconds, then nothing.

Closed Game Manager, waited then reopened. Same thing. The Game Manager said I had 60 minutes left of time.

So I uninstalled the game, then downloaded and installed it again. No issues. However, this time after it installed it says "Trial expired"!! Huh???

I got zero minutes of play. Thanks BF!

ETA: My drivers are current. I am a PC tech and I know them very well. Also this is a Windows PC. Maybe there is a problem with this game as so many people are having problems.

Edited on 01/11/2013 at 6:27:14 PM PST

Acrodite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Acrodite on Jan 12, 13 1:56 PM
This has to be the most annoying game I have ever played. The cutscenes are completely out of sync, I cant get out of some scenes without ctrl/alt/del
A very disappointing experience

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 12, 13 2:58 PM
Hi steve_san,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. In some cases, uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager itself can work to get that trial timer working correctly. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

If that's not helping, you can also contact our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to look into that further.

Acrodite, problems like that are often caused by out of date drivers or software programs. Our help article here covers some programs that can be helpful to update:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

As mentioned above, contacting our Tech Support Team is the best way to receive help if that doesn't work.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by mommahunee on Jan 16, 13 8:30 PM
I'm not finding my exact experience reported by others here, but I have seen similar issues reported. When I'm playing this game, any cut scene or scene that has a brief "movie moment" (the caterpillar entering the scene, the tree blooming, etc.) plays the sound at normal speed, but the video is extremely slow to render and complete. This results in the movie continuing to plod along at a snails pace well after the accompanying audio has completed. It's really freaky to have to watch Jeffs intrusion in slow-mo (crazy eyes and all) long after hearing him try to take the robe.

I have:
1. Updated all video, audio and DirectX drivers, per BFG FAQs (they all reported they were up-to-date and nothing newer was available);
2. Updated Flash - which reported up-to-date & nothing new to download/install;
3. Tested several different resolutions - Win7 64-bit laptop defaults to 1366x768 (highest available) but I also tried each setting all the way down to 800x600 (lowest available) with the same results;
4. Uninstalled/reinstalled the game - most recently on 1/16/13 at 7pm Pacific, which should have gotten the newest updated version.

My last ditch effort is going to try changing hardware acceleration to see if that has any impact. I should note that this is the ONLY game that does this. I have no issues with other developers games downloaded & installed as recently as yesterday on this same system (ex: Grim Tales Stone Queen, Dark Minotaur, the latest Fallen, etc.).

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 17, 13 10:58 AM
Happy to see a new Fish in the Pond, mommahunee, welcome!

Slo-mo crazy eyes does not sound like a very fun thing to see though.

Thanks for posting in such details which steps you've already tried. Closing all other programs running as well as running the game as an administrator can help make sure the game has access to the needed resources to play properly.

Also, please be sure to reach out to Tech Support with those already taken steps and a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help figure that out!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful, and keeping my fins crossed for you!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Jan 18, 13 11:57 AM
I tried to open the downloaded trial of NR:ITE, but it, too, will not open. Just flickers and with window with 'Play Again' pops up. I tried trashing and reloading. Same problem.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 18, 13 1:18 PM
Hi kitharris11,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! One thing that might help is to try the suggestions on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

In particular, making sure that all software programs are up to date, as well as your drivers, may help with that. I would also recommend looking at the section there covering how to disable Windows Aero, which can sometimes help with issues like that as well.

If that isn't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look further into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by holofernes on Jan 19, 13 11:02 AM
have just played the trial period. Liked it. Bought it. However the trial period ended
with the stick needing to be wrapped up to warm the leaf.
I cannot put the stick anywhere near the fire - it will not release. The strategy guide says put it on the right - and yet indicates the left. I have tried for over half an hour, doing both - going all the way around the fire and cannot release the stick. Do I need to uninstall - I cannot play any further at present.

Go to: