Re:Reviews for Fallen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by vonissk1 on Apr 1, 13 1:05 AM
I played the game for 25 minutes of the demo and caught it on the Easter sale for 3.49. I really like it. I think it is just challenging enough for me. Thanks again BFG for another great game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 23, 13 5:42 AM
we played the game, and the game seemed a little old, but it was fun to play. we give it a HARD 2.5 stars out of 5 stars.................doug & lisa

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Reviews for allen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 27, 13 5:08 AM
sassylassie wrote:[...]This is one gorgeous game. The voice actors did a superb job and the story reeled me in from the beginning. This is the same dev that made "Secret of the Seas: Flying Dutchman CE and Ghostown: The Cats of Ulthar. Both which I totally loved. Also you can do a puzzle instead of the hidden object scene. Didn't notice it until I had 2 items on my list to find lol. It's a brick puzzle which looks cool and trying it now.

Story: Poor Elisabeth told us that she saw a "thing" in the window with red glowing eyes and the next thing she knew she was collapsed on the floor. Her father found her and then called for us and told us he lost his wife, and he doesn't want to lose his daughter. And something tells me the flower she is holding might have a play in things.

Graphics: Gorgeous. I love to stop and just look before continuing with the game.

Music: Beautifully done. Fits perfectly with the game.

Mini games: Challenging but not hair pulling. I like very much

Hints: Don't know. I rarely use them. Only if I am totally lost or totally stuck on where an object is. But I will stare at the screen first though lol.

Kudos to this team on a game well done. To me it's definitely a 10/10 game. I truly love it!

In spite of the "old-fashionedness" of this game, or perhaps because of it, I have had an absolutely wonderful time playing it!! I don't play puzzles, so I can't comment on those, but the skip button charges reasonably quickly. Yea! The hints outside of the HOS are the directional arrow type, which I much prefer to the hints that tell you exactly what you need to do, or that tell you "nothing to do here."

There is the problem of translation. As an American, I had no idea what was meant by "jerry can" or "secateurs," and in one instance "boots" turned out not to be boots. But oh, well.

I agree with sassylassie 100 percent! I bought it on today's DOTD, but I would've been just as happy if I'd paid full price.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jul 27, 13 8:18 AM
I bought this game awhile ago, along with many other games, during a BFG sale, but just got around to playing it last week. Was happily surprised to find it was a very good game for a non-CE game. I liked the storyline; game played well without problems on my laptop; and the hint button helped me when I got stuck. Took me about 3 hours to play the entire game. This is definitely a good buy at today's DD price.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 4, 14 4:53 PM
This is a dark, eerie, creepy hidden object adventure game. I loved it. The graphics are beautiful (sometimes disturbing because it includes bugs, rats, and bats, even in the hidden object games). The soundtrack is eerie and creepy, and also includes the squealing of bats and rats. The voiceovers are easily understandable, very well done.

The hidden object games are a lot of fun, junkpile style, but pretty challenging. The mini games also are pretty challenging and a lot of fun.

There is a lot to do in this game, picking up objects in one scene to use in another scene, trying to find who or what is responsible for the "plague" that seems to have befallen the town.

This is not for the faint hearted. There is also one chilling scene of a fallen Bobbie beset by bats.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jan 6, 14 6:49 PM
This was a good little game with some interesting settings, a simple story line, and pleasant graphics.. The music was pleasant but undistinguished, and the voice overs well done.The characters were the usual stereotypes - innocent little girl, loving but spineless father, brave doctor, evil witchy woman. Nothing new there. I played on a MacBook and had no tech difficulties at all.

The map was interactive but didn't show where things could be done, and I didn't use it at all, since it was quicker to navigate around by clicking. The hint system was simply an arrow, so there wasn't any unnecessary handholding. The puzzles were attractive and do-able with brief but clear instructions. I enjoyed all the puzzles, even the really old ones I've done a dozen times before. The game required a bit of thinking and took me over 5 hours to complete. The only irritating feature was the bobbing inventory bar. Lockable is better, devs.

HOPs were very basic and generally just junkpiles, and I had to use up some clues to find all the dark blurry objects and a few with odd names. I had the option to play a skill-based game but it was too challenging on a tiny Mac mousepad and I had to give up.

A few other fishies felt the game was scary, but I didn't see anything in the least eerie. There were some large tarantula-like spiders if you're put off by that sort of thing, along with some bats, but they really were not very threatening. Animal lovers might be put off by the squirrel trapped to be put on a wheel, and then left to run inside it forever. We had to drug a guard dog to put it to sleep, also forever. At least when the game ended, it was still snoring away!

I got this game on the daily special, and would recommend it to anyone with a game credit they need to use up.

Go to: