crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jan 14, 13 11:09 AM
I am in agreement with Valdy on this game....I feel like I have been playing this game for, oh, about 2 months now....and I am just in the bonus chapter. Very disappointed in this game from Elephant. I have many of their, but this one...UGH!! Story is confusing, way too much back and forthing...If it weren't for the SG and the map, I would have dumped this one long ago! Sorry BFG and Elephant. I wish I had saved my money on this one. The regular game would have even been too much. I am going to finish this game..hopefully before I get too much older. And then I am going to delete it.

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Jan 14, 13 6:55 PM
I just finished playing the game and the bonus content and I really did like it! I especially loved the map- not only can you jump from it, but it lists your goals for each location. That's a big help when I come back to the game after a day or so and need to refresh as to what's going on. The hint button outside the hos is great too. Lots of running around, but with the map it's no problem. One more thing, I want to thank the designers of the game for not doing any sparkles to let you know the 'interactive items' in a HOS. Some games I try to hurry and find them before the give away sparkles, but they seem to beat me all the time.. It takes a big part of the fun out of the HOS. Thanks again for that! The graphics were beautiful. My only 'gripe' with the game is in the words used for various items in the HOS. Some of them are pretty wild! Need to do a little more work on the translation I guess. I was a nurse for 30 years, and in a game from someone else a while back it called a bulb syringe a 'nose sucker'.. that's always been my favorite! Very descriptive for sure. Again tho, enjoyed a lot.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jan 17, 13 5:58 AM
I have just finished this game, I was a bit late buying it, and enjoyed all from start to finish, the shivering little mole was delightful and I couldn't wait to find him a blanket!!!

As WolfenRaindancer said E.G's just hit the spot with me.

Thank you I loved it.

Linda

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Jan 17, 13 5:47 PM
Much more intriguing and fun to play (than Gold Bug, which everyone seems to love but which is just simple simple boring).

I'll be buying this one!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 20, 13 11:30 AM
an ok game for me, i'll wait for a sale

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 22, 13 6:04 PM
I have read many comments for this game & it seems like a lot of people are not happy with thtis game! I rather enjoyed it. I love all Elephant games. I mean, it is true, once you played Elephant games they are all the same style but I think they are great! Graphics & story excellent. No gliches or fuzziness. Th ebonus chapter is a great length. I give this game an A. I feel bad to the people who didnt enjoy this.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Feb 4, 13 9:10 PM
I loved the first two Grim Tales, the third not as much, this one was in a word boring imo. The map was not the best, it said there were tasks to do even at the end of the game, that I had completed. I had really looked forward to the game but wish I hadn't have purchased the CE. It certainly didn't qualify in the extras department nor in the main play of the game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 5, 13 10:27 AM
we rate this game a 5 out of 5 stars, it is a long and lasting game. it is well worth the money.-----------doug & lisa

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Feb 19, 13 6:22 AM
This was a pretty long game; the bonus chapter is long enough as well lots of things to do, inventory items to use and a few times I got a bit lost but the hint button helped me out. The map is useful too as you can travel in an instant

The graphics were excellent, so beautiful to look at, the scenery was amazing; especially the underground caves and palace. Also all of the creatures and golems were fantastically drawn; I loved the animals (beasts?) Really, the Elephant Games have the most beautiful graphics and scenery of all!

Great interactive HO scenes with crystal clear visuals and fun puzzles/minigames (except for one or two, which I skipped, like that game with the wizard/knight/archer, that one was frustrating and annoying)

A fun fantasy tale set in the modern world

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 1, 13 10:04 PM
Great Game Elephant. Unfortunately you can't please everyone. It was a buy for me. Try it you might like it Mikey did

Edited on 03/01/2013 at 10:04:43 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 19, 13 12:30 PM
Just like the other grim tales in the series this one is as gorgeous and beautiful as the other ones.

The story takes you into a mining town with something hidden where you are to be looking for your lost nephew plenty of games, things to do and you will not be disappointed.

Go to: