bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 8, 13 2:18 AM
Hi Fishies,

sexxygamma, I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that normally helps.

Another tip would be to check if running a small update could help your games performance. Sometimes the trial expires because the game is unable to open and the advice in the help article here will improve your chances of the game opening.

For those having troubles to see the cursor and already unchecked the custom cursor and reinstalled the game, it would be worthwhile to check if some graphic updates are missing. You can do so by checking the help article here. If the issue persists then we would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 8, 13 5:31 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:Anyone else having a problem opening the safe in chapter 2.it says 497 and open,but does not.it seems this wonderful game is about to go by thr wayside.....what else can i try...

Is your pencil still in inventory? Are the numbers recorded in your journal? If you did the book correctly you will no longer have your pencil and the journal will have the code recorded in it.

When I couldn't open the safe, I went back to the book and redid the pencil on the page to reveal the code. This time I kept using the pencil until it disappeared from my inventory. After that, the code was entered into my journal and it worked to open the safe.

I think the first time, I just used the pencil until I could see the numbers without actually completely covering the page to the satisfaction of the game.

ShlbySusie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ShlbySusie on Jan 8, 13 7:03 PM
I seem to have run into a glitch in Chapter 2 and am hoping that I won't have to start over again. I'm in the HOS in the tavern where a "Retort" is the last item to find. I had no idea what a Retort was and didn't want to get a hint, so I exited the game to Google it so I would know what I was looking for. When I returned to the HOS, the word "RETORT" was no longer there, so I clicked on what I thought was the correct item and nothing happened. I clicked on a few more items that were possibilities but, again, nothing happened. I finally gave up and clicked on the "Hint" button, but nothing was identified. IOW, I'm now stuck!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 2:27 AM
Hi ShlbySusie,

Welcome to the Pond!

I know that I have had to exit a game to search for the meaning of an item before so I am sorry that after your efforts, the items was not there once you reentered.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If this doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I really hope this works out for you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 2:28:46 AM PST

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Jan 9, 13 6:25 AM
kittyruss wrote:In the place with the scare crow i can not pick up items to place. My curser changes to an arrow and kicks me out ,wont let me pick up anuthing .So wanted to buy this game hope there is a fix fast.

Having the same problem....any fix to this?

[Post New]by catdogcatdog on Jan 9, 13 7:48 AM
Had enough of games not working. Now ch4 glass shard. This is the most frustrating thing. Never was like this years ago. Maybe putting games out to fast and not being sure they work. Well I m tired of spending money on useless games. Get the fix for this ASAP

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 9, 13 9:21 AM
diji wrote:
kittyruss wrote:In the place with the scare crow i can not pick up items to place. My curser changes to an arrow and kicks me out ,wont let me pick up anuthing .So wanted to buy this game hope there is a fix fast.

Having the same problem....any fix to this?

You don't place items in this scene. It is an HOS where you click on the items to find in the scarecrow scene. You have a small picture of what to find instead of a list of words.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 9, 13 10:05 AM
Welcome to the Pond, catdogcatdog!

I'm very sorry to hear that the game is not working. I know how frustrating that can be!

If you would please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix, they'll work with you directly to help with the game, as well as collect the needed information to send to the developer if a fix is needed.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jan 9, 13 10:20 AM
I finished game aand bonus game / got all achievements and horseshoes now I want to play again to get more horseshoes to buy the rest of the items, but it wont let me play the reg game again/ I went back and played the bonus game first and got all those horseshoes then I went into the reg game and cant pick up anything what did I do wrong should I have not played the bonus round first on the second round??

ShlbySusie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ShlbySusie on Jan 9, 13 11:47 AM
Hi, bfgBaikal!

Thanks for your response and welcome! I did uninstall and reinstall the game before I posted my question and it didn't help. I think I'll just start over again because it shouldn't take me too long to get to the point where I ran into the glitch.

Susan

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Jan 9, 13 2:45 PM
I've been waiting for a fix for a week. When are we going to have an answer to the problem with the glass shard in Chapter 4?

[Post New]by catdogcatdog on Jan 9, 13 2:58 PM
@Peta52 I totally agree. This is so ridiculous. 1 week is more than being patient. I also am very tired of getting through most of a game and it has an issue. The fix should be now. They have our money so I guess to them it's not a rush to fix the game.
@ch 4 shard

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 10, 13 2:02 AM
Hi Fishies,

hookedonHOG, well done for finishing the game! Are you trying to replay the same regular game or starting a new game over? Sometimes if you have completed the game, you can't replay it, and can only start a new one again. If you are in the same game and can't pick up items, then it might be a profile corrruption and in this case our Tech Support Team can help you. You can contact them by clicking on the green to the right of the page, and include a Dr. Felix report.

ShlbySusie it's a great reflex to uninstall and reinstall the game before anything else . If the issue persists however, it could be that the saved files of the game are corrupted. The best thing to do in this situation is to get in touch with our Tech Support Team by clicking on the green to the right of the page, and include a Dr. Felix report.

Peta52 and catdogcatdog , I am really sorry that there's no solution offered yet regarding this issue. By sending us a Dr. Felix report, the chances for a fix are increasing; as this allows us to collect as many information as we can regarding the issue, on different computer set up. We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by mgsantin on Jan 10, 13 10:04 AM
So I sent the zip file two days to Heather and no response. I even tried replaying an ran into the same glitch. I even emailed her again with a status. I guess the other post is right you have my money why bother to please customers...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 10, 13 2:31 PM
Hi mgsantin,

I'm sorry you haven't heard back from Heather yet! Things have been busy with our Support Team with the holidays, but our Reps are working hard to respond to everyone as soon as they can. If you don't receive a reply in the next day or so, please let me know and I'll be happy to check on whether we received your Dr. Felix, etc.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jan 10, 13 2:32 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game.

I have exactly the same problem. I finished the HOS and it flashed the last extra item (the glass shard) and then I was suddenly back 'outside' the room with the doorway sparkling. But when I click the sparkles there is nothing listed to find at the bottom, and all the clicking in the world isn't making the glass shard under the table get picked up.

It is so frustrating to have a bug like this in a CE.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

cursor

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jan 10, 13 2:44 PM
My game has a very basic looking arrow as a cursor, is that a glitch or how it is supposed to be?

lapphund
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lapphund on Jan 10, 13 2:48 PM
I'm having a problem in chapter 4 have found all the HO in the 2nd room , but can;t get the strap, it just keeps showing the sparkles.. HELP

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jan 10, 13 6:36 PM
I have a different problem, I finished the game and the bonus chapter, then went to replay to get the rest of the horseshoes to get the rest of the items....

And the BLOOODY thing won't replay....I stand there looking at the stupid horses and carriage, and nothing. I cannot get a anything to move anymore.I even hit the hint and nothing. It simply won't replay....

That simply sucks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 11, 13 3:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry that we have no further advice to offer with respect to the issues you are seeing.

If you have tried the troubleshooting already offered in this thread, the best way for us to get a better sense of the issues and provide some support that will benefit all and not just some Fishies, is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Support Team.

This allows the Team to find the root cause of the problems and the more information we have on it, the quicker we can do something about it.

As always, the Moderation Team will be sure to update the game Forum should we have any update for you.

Thank you for your patience and for workign with us on this,

bfgBaikal

Go to: