Any Questions - Ask the developer (that's me!)

[Post New]by chimum on Jan 15, 13 9:45 AM
aymes wrote:Hello everyone, thanks for visiting the forums for our latest release.

If you have any questions or comments at all about the game please let me know and I will do my very best to answer!

Hope you enjoy it.

-Andy

I'm really stuck on level 11, how do I get more wood, good game but it's doing my head in not being able to progress to the next level - thanks Edna, Aberdeen, Scotland.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Any Questions - Ask the developer (that's me!)

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 9:50 AM
Chimum, I will be posting the next parts of the guide when I am home. I will make sure that level 11 is covered for you! Hopefully that will help you.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 15, 13 12:47 PM
I don't really have a question (well, other than how to figure things out so I can get gold!) but I did want to drop by and say a HUGE thank you for 2 such fun games. As I said in my review I'm not a huge lover of the "tell your people to run around and build stuff" games but these are adorable, addictive, and just plain FUN! Great games -- thanks again.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 15, 13 2:54 PM
Glad to see T2 has arrived here. Bought it last night. It does appear a bit more difficult than T1 in terms of getting all Gold. But the improved graphics and greater variety of challenges are wonderful!

Speaking of those fun new challenges, I've got a feeling from just what I've seen in the first two hours that I'm going to have to keep my Thinking Cap on for this one! But that's self-inflicted pressure to get all Gold, so I can settle for Silver or...gulp...even Bronze if I have to. Really I can.

I love that it's more about strategy than fast/repetitive clicking. I feel you handled the timer for Gold very fairly in T1, and I'm trusting that while you created more challenges, Gold is still within my reach once I get each level figured out.

But just in case my strategizing fails me, you will be doing those wonderful forum tips that you did for T1.

Thank you for bringing us this wonderful world of Tribloos.

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 12:15:22 PM PST

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Hi Andy

[Post New]by tatajojo on Jan 15, 13 3:43 PM
This is ttjj from across the pond there.
-First, respect for producing a game that can challenge the neurons of an old biddy like myself and i am not known for giving out the "carpet treatment" on most developers!
-Second I would like to say I am really puzzled by the graphics there: the challenges graphics are fine and i wish I could say the same for the furry characters (I am really sorry but they look really tedious and unappealing ...even my cat meowed at the screen!)
-The challenges are really challenging from very early on, maybe it would be nice to warn people that it is going to be a roller-coaster from the start with no respite!
I don't mind but the lack of smooth progression might throw people off a tad too soon.

Having said that you managed to hook me 5mn after the demo that I nearly missed doing because of the characters...I am glad I was persistent and I will definitely recommend that game to anyone.

Ttjj aka auntie jojo

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 11:44 PM
mgpaquin, thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the Tribloo games even though they're not usually your sort of thing

kdubs, thanks once again for your support! Glad you noticed all the improvements - many of which were from suggestions made about the first game. I'm sure you'll get gold on everything soon

tatajojo, oooh a few points here. Lets see...
Graphics - sorry to hear you didn't get on with the character aesthetics here It's tricky to do anything about them now of course but its good to understand your concerns for the next title.
Challenges - Rather than easy -> hard I went the route of just trying to make each level as interesting as possible. I didn't want to front load it with lots of dull levels to put people off to start with. Perhaps I should have hinted at that to start with like you said!
I'm really glad you're enjoying it though! Thanks so much for giving it a chance

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Jan 16, 13 12:11 PM
Already had the first Tribloos and loved it - played several times. Very pleased to see Tribloos2 and was really enjoying it ...... until I hit the Airship - I hated that Airship . Reminded me too much of the unnecessary levels in MKFTP that turned me off that game. Oh well, still a nice game and I will just skip such levels and enjoy the actual building game. I liked the bonus game in the first Tribloos much better - although I felt that was unnecessary as well, I didn't find it as frustrating. I appreciate the developer being here and, don't get me wrong, I love these games and will likely buy anything they develop but I just don't understand why so many developers feel they have to add these 'extra' levels. It is a building game, that is why we bought it so why not just keep it a straight building game?? Sorry for going on - just tried that airship level about 6 times, settled for bronze and moved on - just frustrating when I have gold on every other level so far.

Thanks again for 2 great building games!
Nancy

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 16, 13 1:50 PM
Hello njewer - I've tried to address your airship concerns in the other thread you setup (didn't see your comment here to start with!)

Thanks so much for playing the game! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it, I try to take all comments on board when designing the next one

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Jan 16, 13 3:04 PM
First of all, thanks for these games and for taking the time to come and check on the players here; that's very much appreciated.

On this site, I always wait for new TM or TD games, which is often a looooong time and when one comes out, it doesn't always live up to my expectations.

The Tribloos (inspired by the Tribbles on Star Trek ?) 1 and particularly 2 are a joy to play:

- The tutorial is great;
- The options are sufficient;
- I appreciate the fact that in v2 the Tribloos don't have to go back home (if they don't need to pick up equipment);
- This is not a typical building game, it's mixed with strategy, puzzle and calculation (anticipation pipes - I find it better than the birds);
- I like the fact that the Gold is hard to get because I enjoy a good challenge; and allowing to finish the level even when the time's up is obviously a plus that many TM developpers often forget: ideal for a large range of players.
- There are many levels and hours of gameplay, thanks a lot !
- I find it interesting and well thought to be able to skip the bonus levels.

I thought the Tribloos were cuter in v1, but I got used to the new design and still think they're a hoot :p.
I can't get gold on the airship bonus level and can't think of a way to beat it (maybe by memorizing where the balloons are positioned) and it's frustrating me :-p-

Well, I just wanted to thank you and please please, give us more games :-))).

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 17, 13 6:35 AM
Hello Arachnea, wow thanks for the comments!

I can say that the original tribloo design came about from...my lack of art skills! I was trying to draw little tribes men (they were still called tribloos, which was basically my word describing cute tribes people!) But my drawings were just awful! I couldn't afford an artist for the first game so I decided to make them creatures instead.

I still have my very first drawing of Trey at home somewhere (I'll have to dig it out...) as well as my original building designs that...changed as soon as I tried to implement them!

Glad to see that you appreciate the new pathfinding features (eg. they don't have to return home now). This was 2nd of important things to do for Tribloos 2 after the artwork

Thanks again for playing, I will surely do my best to make more games after this one!

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Jan 17, 13 7:22 PM
Hi, I just wanted to pop in & say a huge thank you for making the past week so much more enjoyable for me than it should have been. I have been laid up with this rotten flu that is sweeping the eastern sea board & normally I would be lying on the couch feeling very sorry for myself. Instead I have spent the last four days playing your game, alternating between giggling as they all shoot down the zip line to sneezing and sending someone off to chop coral (which btw I DIDN'T want them to do right then) Kudos to you & your team. Great game & a lot of fun. Annoyed I cant get gold on all levels but I am slowly learning that sometimes I have to think outside the box to get what I want. Can't wait for Tribloos 3 PS Love that there is no penalty on time, as I have to admit I did send those guys down the zip line a couple of times just for the laugh

Edited on 01/17/2013 at 7:23:19 PM PST

1010elisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 1010elisa on Jan 18, 13 2:43 AM
so stuck on level 11. when is the walkthrugh coming

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 18, 13 4:00 AM
Shazoz, sorry to hear you've been unwell (I too was struck down with this for weeks!) It was wonderful to hear that it cheered you up though! Glad you like the zipwires - that was one of the first new features I put in so its nice to know it's appreciated

I'm doing a gold guide (slowly and surely) so if you are missing any levels, check back in a few days for the remaining levels!

And on that note...

1010elisa - sorry to keep you waiting, level 11 guide is now up!

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jan 18, 13 5:20 AM
First I'd like to say THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for bringing us this game. I have Multiple Sclerosis and this type of game is therapy for me. It not only helps my fingers it also helps keep my brain sharp. I use a pen type of mouse and so far i've completed the frist 35 levels with gold so I know they are possible.

I loved the first tribloos and didn't think it needed improvements, but after playing this one, I'm blown away. I love that you can subtract players from their positions and that they don't always have to return all the way home to bring stuff to other stations.

The improved artwork is fantastic as well as the new items that I've found so far. I'm only on the third underwater island so can't wait to see what is next.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jan 18, 13 10:14 AM
I am not getting the flag award for three levels even though I get Gold on the Bonus Level. Is there something else I need to do. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 18, 13 10:40 AM
Hi! As I mentioned in my review, I love everything about the game except the time allotted to make gold. Would you consider adding a mode option like Roads of Rome has where there is an Easy mode that is just like the regular mode except with a little more time given? 25% more should do it. That way slow clickers like me could still get gold on Easy mode and those who want more of a challenge can go for gold on the regular mode.

I do appreciate that you can keep playing after the timer runs down, but it's not quite the same thing.

I know some games even have two sets of medals, one for Easy mode and one for regular.

But mostly it's just frustrating to never be able to get Gold even on Level 3. I would buy both Tribloos games if they had an Easy mode with additional time for gold.

Just a suggestion,
Robin

tibicar
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by tibicar on Jan 18, 13 10:56 AM
Hi, loving the game and screaming at them to move faster. Have to admit that the steam pipe levels on the floating island nearly put me off but just gave up on getting anything other than bronze,Have got a couple of suggestions if thats ok for the next one. can we have a progress bar above the buildings to see how long they've got until they've finished their task and can the timer bar at the bottom have the gold, silver and bronze segments marked?
Thanks for a great game, haven't been this obsessed since the first farm frenzies came out.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 18, 13 12:42 PM
Wow, bit behind today! Time for a catch up!

EPF4CATSBK - what an amazing post to read! I'm touched that the game has been of help and comfort as well as being enjoyable for you! I'm glad to hear you've got all gold so far, I hope you like the rest of the game as much

wxman77477 - I'm a little confused which flag award you're missing here? You shouldn't need to reinstall the game to fix anything like this. Could you please elaborate on which achievement you're having problems getting and hopefully I can help!.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 18, 13 12:49 PM
robin94122 - thanks for your review! I certainly consider any feedback given so thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game

I feel there's been a fair bit of talk about having an easier difficulty mode in the game. I'm sure this would be possible but I'm not sure what the BFG policy on updates are, I'll have to ask and find out.

What I can say is that I'm taking all comments like this on board and I'll be implementing separate difficulty modes in my next title for sure.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 18, 13 12:53 PM
tibicar - glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

The progress bars - this was something that was certainly considered. I even put progress bars in the game at one point, but for buildings like the sawmill/toolshed/other buildings where many workers are in at once these bars just looked horrible on the screen.

I think what I'll do next time instead is somehow try to build progress bars into the design of the building. Eg, logs disappearing into the sawmill to indicate each worker's progress. What do you think?

With the timer bar markings - these kind of exist already? Green = gold star, Yellow = silver. If the timer runs out it's bronze. Do you think these need explicitly marking on the timer wheel itself then?

Lovely to hear that last comment in relation to the farm frenzies series! I enjoyed those myself

Go to: