llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

Re:Group play for Nancy Drew: The Final Scene starting 19th January - All welcome to join!

[Post New]by llstjohn on Jan 21, 13 8:15 AM
Done. Some interesting mini games.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Group play for Nancy Drew: The Final Scene starting 19th January - All welcome to join!

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 8:19 AM
well that little puzzle *simone's code* was tricky *as not only did you not know if you have the right code or not it's not straightforward entering it in. *slight spoiler but not solution* I had tried putting the right code in before but just straight and even got the right code showing up* spoiler but not direct solution *in the middle line but had other number beside it in another row. But the goal is to get the right number in the middle line without any other numbers (well that worked for me)*

hint 1 to where the code is *it's in the bag*
hint 2 to where the code is * it's on the card with the lipstick*

well after all that *don't know if what I got was vital? so just reloaded the game again in day 3 I should have worked that out when I saw it instead of waiting*

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 8:22 AM
llstjohn wrote:Done. Some interesting mini games.

Have you finished?

CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING IISTJOHN

Hope you can join us for some more games.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 8:56 AM
marianne - I just got your second chance! mmmm And realised I didn't need to reload my game to day 2 as *she left the room again!*

re that key *urgh making that key then when I thought it was right realised the letters I was pressing wasn't for what I thought it was but for the icon beside it - duh*

And for anyone tip save beforehand and *when you get the right key you'll know it as before you pick it up you see the intitials on it, if you don't see any initials just reload and start again*

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 21, 13 9:10 AM
A GREAT BIG CONGRATS LJ...

I got thru that Second Chance I had and now I'm into another place having a 3rd Second Chance. All that make sense ?!?

In one place, I was so very intent on what I was doing that when *** Joseph *** walked in, I literally jumped in my chair I was so startled.

Thanks for the tip gingergal re the *** purse gizmo ***. I hope I can get back there as I'm *** now on the demolition count down trying to pick the right key to get Maya and escape. ***

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 9:56 AM
marianne *at the end with those timed scenes which happens quite a bit in ND games* I'm a right 'footer' (Scottish word) I'm like the guy in "dad's army' (ancient UK show) who just runs around crying "don't panic"

Good game, good story it's not the most polished or involved or might not be the best of the ND games but I thought it was fun and really enjoyed it. It is one of the shortest ones.

BTW re policeman *on phone and end* anyone else think the voice was like Mr Smith out of the matrix, it had me in stitches everytime I heard it.

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 9:59:27 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 21, 13 10:12 AM
gingergal wrote:BTW re policeman
I did look up the voices. It isn't him (Hugo Weaving).

llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

[Post New]by llstjohn on Jan 21, 13 10:33 AM
Yes, Ginger, i finished it and that second chance feature really saved me a couple of times.
By the way, I never once talked to anyone on the phone. The first time I called the police, I sat through the 'on hold' announcement 10 times (I kid you not) when I finally hung up. But the story progressed as tho I had actually talked to someone. Same with the others I called. Never spoke to any of them.

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 10:37:17 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 11:35 AM
Mr Russ, I didn't think it was him, I just thought it was intentionally made to sound a bit like him or done as a joke? But thanks for looking it up so I 100% now know it wasn't Hugh Weaving.
boy if they got him as a voice actor in any game that would be great

llstjohn - That's weird! It's like *the code in the purse you didn't need to get that to progress either, I wonder how many other things in the game you didn't need to do! I know you usually don't have to call your friends to say hi although there are games you have to, as when I tried to call them to chat as it's a good laugh sometimes, they weren't around so I never tried them again in the whole game. I'm not talking about asking for hints as I played senior, just talking to them.*

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 21, 13 12:18 PM
Congrats llstjohn and gingergal!!

I have finished too! Love my ND games!

rofl gingergal regarding Corporal Jones! Don't Panic!! That really made me laugh

Well I might not have found many second chances, but boy did I use the ones I found! ** Question: How many times do you do the same thing over and over (failing miserably each time) before you realise that just maybe you are doing something wrong?! Well that is what I asked myself after getting caught by the police in the projector room more times than I care to remember! **

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 12:53 PM
yeah popla

CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING POPLA

I loved the ending I thought that whole thing was well done *but like popla said the definition on insanity is repeating the same thing thinking you will have a different outcome. I kept trying the hacksaw and the mallet and had to redo that bit as I got bulldozed (loved that lol). Re the second chance with the police and the projector, I think that was about 12 times with me as it was the last thing I hadn't tried! *

I'm still trying to figure out one of those tricks! Love that I know how to do some others.

To anyone who might not have even started the game don't get put off that a couple of us have finished, we stick around till you've finished, just keep posting to let us know you are still there from time to time as we pop in to see if you need any help.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 21, 13 1:23 PM
A HUGE CONGRATS GINGERGAL AND POPLA

I have finished. I lost track of the Second Chances with the *** finishing scenario *** With each attempt, *** I moved on a bit more *** til Bingo !!!

It is a good story and a fun game.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 3:18 PM
yeah marianne I was a bit scared *that you wouldn't make out of the place alive and be bulldozed but you made it *

CONGRATULATIONS MARIANNE ON FINISHING

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 21, 13 4:08 PM
I'm glad you were scared for me gingergal, cus I was...many times...owwwie !!! I can't tell you how many times I saw *** that wrecking ball coming right at me...bang !!! ***

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jan 21, 13 4:38 PM
My goodness You are almost all done

Congratulations:

IIstjohn
Gingergal
Popla
Marianne

LOL Gingergal, You are so funny, Thanks for the good laugh

I'm at the beginning of Day 3, haven't died jet, but almost did, ** I was walking, and suddenly something fell down from the ceiling, I was so starlet that I didn't move, and suddenly this big iron thing fell in front of Me, if I had taken a step forward earlier, I would have been dead, don't like to die. **

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Jan 21, 13 5:48 PM
Hi Adv. Fishies! I've been under the weather for a while, but I couldn't bear to miss Nancy. I'll be starting now.

CFG I've left Sherlock relaxing in a nice location. If you get back there, perhaps you could nudge him along for me?

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jan 21, 13 6:09 PM
I am not getting as much time to play as I would like.Okay I made it to the projection room.I can't find anyone to talk to .Talked to Brady and the activist.Got both gears and almost done with day 1,but the walkthrough say to talk to ****Joseph and then Simone in ladies dressing room***.I can't find him he is not in the ***projection room***.Help again

llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

[Post New]by llstjohn on Jan 21, 13 6:20 PM
I might have to play another of these Nancy Drew games. Are they all point and click? My mom used to read Nancy Drew to me when I was little.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 21, 13 6:43 PM
I can't believe so many of you are through the game in just three days. Congratulations!!! I still haven't even started. Been trying to clean my computer out of games that I am not going to buy....doing some maintenance. However, I plan to start tonight or tomorrow after I take my mom to the eye doctor.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jan 21, 13 6:46 PM
Now I don't feel alone in the slow start.Thanks TeresaRollen for not making me think that I was slow at this.

Go to: