Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Jan 26, 13 5:32 PM
Everything was fine, no glitches or missing inventory, then got hit with "one or more of your profiles was corrupted and it was deleted." Had just finished opening the artifact? and got past the mirror. My graphics card was just updated yesterday, my computer is running fine (darned well better be, its pretty new), so guess I sit and wait for the fix. Please hurry BFG, was really loving this game!

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Red Access Card disappeared from my inventory

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 26, 13 5:33 PM
Poodlebear wrote:I'm having an inventory issue too. Not long after the stuck elevator I replaced all the buttons on the key pad at the Security Checkpoint door and used the red access card and got the prompt "you need to replace the keys first" (I just had) and the card didn't go back into inventory, it just disappeared.

I will try again w/ a new profile after reload but not crazy about that idea. If it happens again this is clearly a no buy. Sad as it looks to be a good game.

Oh, and per request at top I am playing on a Windows 7 system custom built for gaming so lots of power and I just updated video drivers about a week ago.

The same exact thing has happen to me. My computer is new and up-to-date with all drivers.. so it is possible this game is so old that it won't run on newer operating systems. This is unfortunate because I just posted on the other forum raving about the fact that there was a true adventure game available. Hopefully, BFG will fix these glitch.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Jan 26, 13 5:37 PM
I just collected the electrical box off the roof, installed it into the box = and it vanished
It appears this game has more bugs than an anthill!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 26, 13 5:53 PM
I have one or more of the same problems but the others have stated it nicely. I believe it is your turn to fix all these problems insteadof us having to uninstall & then reinstall the game.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Jan 26, 13 6:28 PM
VTCT here here! this is the buggiest game I have ever had the stupidity to down load

back to you BFG!

nyyykfan
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by nyyykfan on Jan 26, 13 6:36 PM
I tried the uninstall and reinstalling the game. The fire extinguisher is still missing. I agree about the bugs. This company needs to fix all the bugs and then send out a new game.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jan 26, 13 7:15 PM
I am stuck at the elevator also. There is supposed to be a paper cup in the trash bin and it is not there. Uninstalled and reinstalled it again and it still is not there. Will also try again when the glitches are worked out.

dolfinn
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dolfinn on Jan 26, 13 8:29 PM
My problem "one or more of your profiles was corrupted and it was deleted." this has happened 4 times, even after deleting and reinstall. Not enough time left on demo to try again so deleted and sadly no buy.

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by devonview on Jan 26, 13 10:22 PM
I've got a different problem from others that I have read on here.
AVG has uninstalled this game after about 1/2 hour playing - says that there is a "virus" This has happened each time that I have played, after having uninstalled, and reinstalled.
There have been no problems apart from this
Regretfully I have decided to uninstall the game yet again, and not reinstall until there has been a "fix" announced

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Jan 26, 13 10:35 PM
When I exit the game it doesn't actually quit. There is an icon in my taskbar and when I maximise the window it says that it is reloading textures. It doesn't seem to progress very far with this (60% but no further.) I have to use taskman to close the process.

This game also seems to quit BFG games manager as it starts. WHich would be OK if game manager wasn't busy downloading another game.

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 10:38:03 PM PST

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Jan 26, 13 11:02 PM
I will certainly wait to buy this one Tech issues are to many.

[Post New]by slim291978 on Jan 26, 13 11:24 PM
Having a big issue here! I have been able to get through the game with no problem up to a point in I believe Chapter 4. I am in the biology lab and I just clicked on the coffin and used the tape recorder and it gave me the mini game but it wouldn't let me skip it or let me change anything on it to even get past it. So now I'm stuck in this part of the game and cannot go any further and I'm annoyed by it.

[Post New]by geniedawn on Jan 27, 13 2:57 AM
I just completed the game. I had to reinstall it once due to inventory problems, and still had a minor problem where the item was in my inventory but there was not a picture for it. Other than that everything was great. I am running it on Windows XP.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 27, 13 3:51 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry to see that so many of your are experiencing issues with this game. We'll be here for you to help you through this as best as possible.

For those of you that are experiencing problems with items disappearing or not reacting from the inventory, if you haven't done so yet unimnstalling and reinstalling the game could solve this issue. If you aren't too far into the game yet starting anew with a different player profile could also circumvent the problem so you can go on. This could also help when you find that an action you take is correct but not being accepted by the game.

If you experience problems with the game crashing and keep getting the message that your textures are loading, it might be that some of the software necessary to play the game could do with an update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

If you have already tried these steps and keep having problems, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/27/2013 at 3:51:25 AM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 27, 13 3:55 AM
I've had two problems with this game. When the demo finished and I bought and reinstalled the game, the bottle of acid you need for the padlock in the elevator had disappeared from my inventory. I had to start again with a new profile but then, quite a way further into the game, when it was loading the next chapter, I got a black screen and had to restart my laptop to be able to do anything at all.

I'm not too keen on starting the game over again as I don't want same thing to happen so will contact Customer Support for a refund I think.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 27, 13 5:13 AM
BfgBiwa,

Does your response mean that there are no plans at this present time to work with the developers about disappearing inventory items and an updated version? When uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve the problem, starting over again after playing for the better part of a day is a somewhat disappointing option. It would be helpful to know if we should be patient and put this game on the back burner for a few days. Thank you.

Edited on 01/27/2013 at 5:36:55 AM PST

[Post New]by capecarol on Jan 27, 13 5:17 AM
capecarol wrote:I don't know if this is a technical issue or not. I used the flammable liquid on the bush but it said the bush wasn't dry enough to burn and that was the end of the match and cup. How do I get on the roof? The walkthrough doesn't address this scenario?

Started over with new profile and got to the elevator and when I used the acid on the brake box it didn't produce a hole with a button and the acid is gone, just stuck in the elevator. I don't think I am up for starting all over again only to get stuck again.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jan 27, 13 5:39 AM
Downloaded game but it just flashes and have to turn off laptop to stop the game.really wanted this one,Maybe they will fix it,,

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Jan 27, 13 6:09 AM
Hi everyone!

Having issues here too - I have three red eyes, three green eyes and two blue ones. I have picked up all three but the inventory shows two. I revisited the locations where the blue eyes are,and doublechecked, and I have indeed picked them all up. Still inventory shows two...

Moreover, the hint shows left, I go left. There the hint shows I need to go back where I came from., Then left again, Then back where I came from... Endlessly!

Un- and re-installing not an option as I am on a limited programme.

Judging from three pages of comments here, this is a very buggy game. Please BFG, update!

JosCafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JosCafe on Jan 27, 13 6:18 AM
I couldn't even play this game on trial. The screen started flashing and I had to cold reboot my laptop to get it to stop.

And before you send me to tech support - my laptop is fine. I've played lots of games from here on it.

But reading through all the tech issues so far, sounds like it was shoved out the door too fast. Buggy.

Go to: