Bad Sound Quality

[Post New]by Plummie1066 on Mar 12, 13 8:40 PM
Finished the same, and like someone else on here mentioned, the sound of the voice overs was awful, I could hardly hear the words, it there had not been written text on the bottom of each screen when one of the characters was speaking, I would have skipped the cut scenese entirely. Why bother adding voices if no one can hear them.....

Re:Post any Mountain Trap: The Manor of Memories technical issues here only

[Post New]by D111000 on Apr 6, 13 9:37 AM
Spoiler Alert!

In Mountain Trap, after the basement caves in, and you find the
second entrance thru the painting....you can no longer return to the basement
after you leave it. The game play requires you to be able to do this. The far
right door from the lobby/foyer does not bring you back to the basement, after
you enter the door and proceed thru the painting you are dropped back into
the foyer? This is a glitch that needs to be addressed otherwise the game
is useless. Sorry if this is a spoiler.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Apr 8, 13 5:14 PM
I can't even get the game to play. Changed the brightness, enter my player name. The game has locked up three times. Going to uninstall and hope that fixes the problem.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 8, 13 5:28 PM
Hi griffgirl,

When a game locks up the way you describe, it can also help to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not launching correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going and work with you directly to get everything straightened out. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by HaruWindsong on Apr 22, 13 3:28 PM
Can't find the second chess piece. I've looked literally everywhere...and the online "Walk Through" is no help either. Where the heck is it?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 22, 13 5:03 PM
Hi HaruWindsong and welcome to the Pond! ,

I checked the walkthrough we have our our Blog, and I think I found the two chess pieces:

You'll receive the Knight by solving a puzzle on the coffee table. (Click here to see a screenshot of what I mean.)

The Bishop is in the desk compartment you open with the ring handle. (Click here to see a screenshot of that spot.)

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 04/22/2013 at 5:03:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Greyboot on May 6, 13 7:16 AM
when I go through cut picture (supposedly to get back to basement) I go to lobby??? is this a known bug? I cannot see any other posts relating to this.

Re:Tech issue with basement too

[Post New]by angie08899 on Jun 6, 13 5:51 AM
Once I left the caved in basement I am unable to get back in. When I go through the cut painting it takes me back to the lobby. There's absolutely NO way back in to finish what I need to do. I guess I have to start the whole game over again! Ugh!

sciencegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by sciencegal on Jun 22, 13 5:47 PM
It took 3 minutes for the game to boot up. It just churned away. Not cool. I finally got the game going but it kept freezing on me. I know this comment is later than most and if there is a new revised game that is being advertised at the first of this forum....it didnt help. Looks like a good game but it isnt much fun when you have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This game needs more work by the creators for sure.

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Jul 3, 13 6:10 AM
Hi,

I was having all sorts of problems with this game., but I went into the game file saved in my remote F: drive and removed a file called Brightness Watchdog. So far so good I am into the living room with the table game. I hope this helps.
I have a Compaq XP.

Respectfully,
Karen

PS: I just got locked out of the basement too.

Edited on 07/04/2013 at 7:06:27 AM PST

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Aug 18, 13 8:31 PM
I barely started playing, and got to to puzzle to put the diagram instructions together. The pieces started sticking to my cursor, and moving all together down to the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't let me back out of the puzzle either. I had to Ctrl Esc to get out of the game. This happened several times. I'm uninstalling and reinstalling. No reason for this to happen.

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Sep 30, 13 11:46 AM
I had an issue in the control room as well. I went to put the sheet together, and the game froze. I had to use control-alt-delete to get out of it. I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it. It's a fantastic game and I am enjoying it!

[Post New]by Bakergal20 on Mar 8, 14 9:43 PM
Janie42 wrote:Don't see my game-stopping glitch reported before but:
note: possible spoilers

After successfully completing puzzle where we put lead ball into table maze, I was not given the knight upon finishing.

I can't do the chessboard puzzle without the knight, so I'm halted in progress, apparently forever.

I've restarted / redownloaded but still no knight is in my inventory.

Have sent CS a Dr.Felix report so just posting on this glitch here in case others are in same sad situation.

Depressing to the extreme...

I am having the same exact problem. This game is beyond frustrating me and was a waste of money if I can't even fix it because there is a bug in the game.

Go to: