Bogey_2006
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bogey_2006 on Feb 7, 13 4:03 PM
Same problem here - sticky lagging game. did all the uninstalling, re-installing, etc. not going to go down the rabbit trails of updating this and that - my pc shouldn't need updates. the problem is not my computer. would have liked to try the game, but not worth the trouble of spending any more time on a technical issue that cannot be resolved on my end.

LittleWren
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LittleWren on Feb 7, 13 4:50 PM
Add one more to the slow game play issue. I've updated all my drivers, my Shockwave player, my Flash player, uninstalled both game manager and game completely and reinstalled only to have the problem persist. Looks like a beautifully-drawn game and one I'd like to play but can't, right now.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 7, 13 5:13 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry more of you are having trouble with this game. I just thought I'd swim in here and give you some more information about why it's really beneficial for you to get in touch with Tech Support Team if our suggestions here don't help.

The Dr. Felix Reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Feb 7, 13 5:46 PM
never had problems with elephant before but games are all operating extremely slow with lots of lag even some of the ones i bought earlier that worked great before. It is really weird. I have a newer computer windows 7 that exceeds all requirements. I hope this is not a trend.

leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by leslieb on Feb 7, 13 7:53 PM
I am having serious issues downloading this game.

Demo downloaded just fine, but when I bought it and downloaded the full game, it keeps giving me Error 766 and yes I have tried all the suggestions in the Help articles, including uninstalling and re-installing the Games Manager.

I am now trying to download and install it for the 5th time and it will download fine for me, around 20 minutes, just won't install. Lets hope this time it will.

I am running Windows 7, have put Big fish on my virus protection access list, turned off Windows firewall and am currently running a Dr. Felix diagnostic report in case this time it won't install either.

The most frustrating part for me, besides paying for a game I can't play, is that this game is nearly a gig and I live in rural Australian where we don't have unlimited downloads. I pay a fortune for the limits I have and this is seriously eating into my allocation.

Please help!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 7, 13 8:31 PM
Same issue as others with this game...the demo played great..then I bought it and now it is slow, laggy and frustrating to play. Why will the demo play great with my driver and then I buy it and it becomes a mess to play. I have even tried not using the custom curser, and reinstalled the game. It would really be great to be able to play the games we buy without all these problems we seem to encounter now. I have checked my driver also...up to date.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Feb 7, 13 10:53 PM
yes cami 1203 the cursor pointer moves like a waterlogged barge even makes me dizzy to work it so slow and kind of like it is drunk bah looks like a good game but so slow that I could not get into the game very far before my time was up for my trial.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Feb 7, 13 10:54 PM
sokjeff wrote:never had problems with elephant before but games are all operating extremely slow with lots of lag even some of the ones i bought earlier that worked great before. It is really weird. I have a newer computer windows 7 that exceeds all requirements. I hope this is not a trend.

the cursor pointer moves like a waterlogged barge even makes me dizzy to work it so slow and kind of like it is drunk bah looks like a good game but so slow that I could not get into the game very far before my time was up for my trial.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Feb 7, 13 10:55 PM
LittleWren wrote:Add one more to the slow game play issue. I've updated all my drivers, my Shockwave player, my Flash player, uninstalled both game manager and game completely and reinstalled only to have the problem persist. Looks like a beautifully-drawn game and one I'd like to play but can't, right now.

of the same opinion thanks for saying that corroborates all of us having the same prob

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 7, 13 11:14 PM
Just want to let the Developer know that the incompatibility with Mac OS 10.8.2/Mountain Lion's Intel graphics card is still rearing its ugly head. Missing graphics still an issue. I sure do wish they'd figure this out.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 8, 13 2:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see so many performance issues cropping up - I know how this can affect the enjoyment of a game.

If you have already checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums and also, collecting info like this may help them to identify a trend that is the cause of these problems.

leslieb - as you have tried all the tricks for dealing with the 766 error message already, please reach out to Tech Support for more specific advice.

WilJul - thank you for letting us know of this. I appreciate it is disappointing but I will pass this info along as I am sure it will help as we work towards a solution.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Feb 8, 13 5:24 AM
well i also downloaded 4 times and keep getting very slow lagging cursor so thats it for me no game

[Post New]by cortisonbella on Feb 8, 13 6:58 AM
Game is extremely jerky and moves very slowly. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. Can't play the game this way.

dooley1
Clownfish
Clownfish
751 Posts

[Post New]by dooley1 on Feb 8, 13 10:00 AM
Bogey_2006 wrote:Same problem here - sticky lagging game. did all the uninstalling, re-installing, etc. not going to go down the rabbit trails of updating this and that - my pc shouldn't need updates. the problem is not my computer. would have liked to try the game, but not worth the trouble of spending any more time on a technical issue that cannot be resolved on my end.

Could not have said it any better....

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 8, 13 10:09 AM
Thanks slotfish, dooley1 and cortisonbella for posting about those issues in the game.

If you haven't already it would be a huge help if you would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. The more information our Team is able to collect about those issues, the more we'll have to pass along to the developer if a specific fix is needed!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks again!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by randomz8814 on Feb 8, 13 11:39 AM
Hi. You can add me to the slow game list as well. I DL'd the game yesterday and was hoping to play it today during the blizzard we are getting but it's a no go.

I noticed it starting to get really slow and laggy in the intro scene. Once the game brought me to where I can move about myself the cursor was really slow. I disabled it and attempted to try again.

It just seems like there was something else running in the background making the game so slow. I double checked to make sure I had closed everything out.

I followed the advice and made sure that my graphics and game car were up to date and that everything else was kosher. So far I have all the updated versions, I also just recently updated to MS 8.

I've never had this type of problem with any of the games. I really wanted to just play the night way lol this looks like a great game and it has some great reviews!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 8, 13 12:23 PM
Hi randomz8814,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I know it can be frustrating when you just want to enjoy the game! If you'd like, you can let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they might have some additional tips to try.

Hopefully they can get you back to enjoying the game in no time!

bfgSeine

collerton
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by collerton on Feb 8, 13 2:41 PM
I have the same problem as everyone else. Extremely slow and jumpy play. I deleted the game before I even started to play it was so bad.

[Post New]by amwhise on Feb 8, 13 6:30 PM
I had no problems playing the game, until I used the jack to remove the carriage. Once removed, the game continues to minimize after about 20 seconds. So I checked my screen resolution & it is at it's highest. So I removed the game, even uninstalled the game manager, reinstalled it and then reinstalled the game. Now not only is this game still minimizing, other games in the manager are now doing so. Is there anyway to stop this? Thanks for any help that can be provided!!

susan3285
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by susan3285 on Feb 8, 13 6:41 PM
When I hover over an item in the inventory or use the hint there is no writing in the bubble.

Go to: