bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 16, 13 6:44 PM
I finally finished the game and feel cheated. I only saw 2 or 3 cut scenes the others were black. I didn't even get to see the ending cut scene!!!! If this happens in another game I will not even bother buying it. I am so disappointed.,

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Feb 16, 13 7:04 PM
catathang wrote:I get to the point of entering your name to play, and then it freezes I have tried EVERYTHING,and nothing h elps. Forget the doctor, that NEVER works

Same here. Worse yet, it even made my BFG Manager freeze. Haha. I tried to uninstall it and it froze. LMAO. That's a first. So, I can't play and I can't delete. What a day!

ETA: spelling

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 7:05:10 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 16, 13 8:43 PM
I have limited download - this game has been downloading for 10 hours and still at 64% - now I read about all the problems others have been having and I have paused the download, have other games I can use the time for instead. I know that there is a sale on but there is a limit to what I will go through...........and I wondered about a Halloween-themed game being released just after Valentine Day!

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Feb 16, 13 9:00 PM
well my downloads then when i push install it does nothing with a error 596? or 566? anyways it just doesnt want to install!! and after having problems with the free play game I have installed and that is frozen on my computer,I am beginning to think twice about my membership to BFG as all this is happening just recently to me! But if I cannot enjoy my games why pay for a membership I am constantly having troubles with and CANNOT ENJOY!!

ROSES777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ROSES777 on Feb 16, 13 10:45 PM
I BOUGHT THE GAME AND I DOWNLOADED WITH NO PROBLEMS AND FAST. HOWEVER ,MY PROBLEM IS DOWN BY THE RIVER THE HIDDEN OBJECT GAME . I HAVE 15 OF THE 16 ITEMS BUT THE NUMBER 10 .MY PENCIL FINALLY DISAPPERED I WENT OUT AND CAME BACK FINALLY GOT PENCIL BACK BUT STILL NO #10 .IT HAS THE 7 AND 3 SO TO ADD TOGETHER I GUESS ON LEFT SIDE PAGE THE PENCIL THAT'S MISSING AND EVEN WHEN IT WAS THERE DOESN'T WORK. HELP THROUGHLY FLUSTRADED AND CAN'T MOVE ON TIL THIS HO IS FINISHED.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Feb 17, 13 2:48 AM
So, IF the black screens during the cut scenes are MEANT to be this way - and I tend to believe that this is the case since so many fishies seem to have this issue - I wonder what the developers are trying to tell me.

New idea? Not the best one you could have. If this is supposed to be... well, inventive - sorry, guys. I don't appreciate this.
Running out of money? Oh, come on...
Lazy?

Apart from that, the trial was entertaining.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 17, 13 2:52 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry that so many of you seem to have problems with the game.

If you experience problems to download and/or install the game you might find some useful steps by clicking here.

ROSES777 - It sounds like some files might have gotten a bit mixed in your game. here it could already help to simply uninstall and reinstall your game to get everything back in place.

If you have problems with the cutscenes appearing black, the game not displaying properly in general or with the game crashing or freezing and have already tried all the steps that have been mentioned here, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so we can investigate this further.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 02/17/2013 at 2:52:32 AM PST

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Trial expired before I played!!

[Post New]by netnanna on Feb 17, 13 3:34 AM
Downloaded it, suddenly the game manager disappeared as did a couple of other things I had open. When I re-opened game manager, it said Trial expired!! As others have said, too many glitches to bother with

DianeIsis
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by DianeIsis on Feb 17, 13 4:54 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Black screen where skip scene should be? Can hear dialogue as though something is happening but screen is black. If I click 'skip scene' I get the picture back. If I look in journal it shows stills of what was happening and the girl telling story of what was happening.
I'm sure I should be seeing these scenes.
I'm playing on PC and everything is up to date.

This happened to me too.

karendk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by karendk on Feb 17, 13 7:44 AM
in the opening scene, she drives up, walks up to the gate, the game shuts down & my trial is expired <sigh>

karendk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by karendk on Feb 17, 13 8:39 AM
reinstalling did not bring back the trial time- it's still expired- time to move on!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 17, 13 2:04 PM
Just wanted to add my name to those who are experiencing black screen on cut scenes. Hope it can be fixed!

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Feb 17, 13 4:27 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:Black screen where skip scene should be? Can hear dialogue as though something is happening but screen is black. If I click 'skip scene' I get the picture back. If I look in journal it shows stills of what was happening and the girl telling story of what was happening.
I'm sure I should be seeing these scenes.
I'm playing on PC and everything is up to date.

Same here I thought it was supposed to be that way and didn't like it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 17, 13 4:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like there are a few different issues coming up with this game.

If the troubleshooting suggestions in the help articles we posted above don't get everything straightened out, it is definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to really delve into what's going on and work with you directly. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 02/17/2013 at 4:37:58 PM PST

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Feb 17, 13 7:05 PM
Hi Cathy Catfish,
I really do hope these issues get fixed. The game is really worth it. The hos are some of the most challenging I have ever done. I really do not like to use the hint button. Even with having my husband helping it still took almost 10 minutes to get through some of the hos because of how well objects were hidden. I consider myself lucky and did get to view the final cut scene and look forward to replaying when all is well. Big Fish has the best customer support that I have ever dealt with. Here is to Big Fish not letting us down and there will be a fix soon.

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 7:13:51 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 18, 13 3:17 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thanks to all of you that have already contacted our Tech Support Team. This really helps us out as this is the only way for us to get enough information to get these issues fixed by the developers!

By receiving your emails and, most importantly, your Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, our Tech Team can start to investigate the issues that are keeping your from enjoying the game. The more of them we receive, the faster this investigation goes and the sooner we can get you an update for the game!

So if you haven't done so yet, please get in touch with them .

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Lenchik_V on Feb 18, 13 5:05 AM
Wow!!! Cool game!!!

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on Feb 18, 13 5:30 AM
"THE BLACK CUT SCENES" ..... I thought about this and since there is a sale I will purchase this game .... with the hope and prayer that it gets fixed. But with 47 people all complaining about the same thing and 10 moderators comments I have a suggestion.
Moderators: Start a memo or email the TECH SUPPORT and say: Game: "PRICE FOR OUR SINS"
Major complaint: BLACK CUT SCENES .. please look into this sooner than later. Customers need assistance for this problem.
I write this because you are one company and I would hope both departments talk to each other. Someone might just look into it and within 24 hours find a solution instead of BFG customers waiting a week or more. If this game was tested was it tested by one person or several ... one PC or different systems ? Just asking.

Jackiem923
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Jackiem923 on Feb 18, 13 11:16 AM
I had no problem with a blank screen however after buying and then playing the game the hint button stop telling you where to go. It fills up after you use it. you push it for a hint it empties but doesn't tell you whats next. It was fine till after it told me about the mirrors on the mantle. then nothing.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 18, 13 12:11 PM
LetMeTry wrote:"THE BLACK CUT SCENES" ..... I thought about this and since there is a sale I will purchase this game .... with the hope and prayer that it gets fixed. But with 47 people all complaining about the same thing and 10 moderators comments I have a suggestion.
Moderators: Start a memo or email the TECH SUPPORT and say: Game: "PRICE FOR OUR SINS"
Major complaint: BLACK CUT SCENES .. please look into this sooner than later. Customers need assistance for this problem.
I write this because you are one company and I would hope both departments talk to each other. Someone might just look into it and within 24 hours find a solution instead of BFG customers waiting a week or more. If this game was tested was it tested by one person or several ... one PC or different systems ? Just asking.

Hi LetMeTry,

I just thought I'd give you some info about why we Mods ask that you get in touch with Tech Support directly if the troubleshooting steps we suggest don't get an issue resolved.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. But our Tech Support Team can not only work with each customer individually, they can also compile the technical information much more efficiently and thoroughly than we can while also tending to our Moderator duties.

Also, the process of getting a particular issue addressed can take some time because of the many different operating systems and configurations. That's why it's so important for Tech Support to have as many Dr. Felix Reports as possible.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

I hope that clears things up about our process. And as soon as we have info about a fix to address these issues we'll be sure to let you all know.

Thank you,

bfgMonongahela

Go to: