RVKittykat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Reviews for Shadows: Price for Our Sins

[Post New]by RVKittykat on Aug 7, 13 6:40 PM
TeresaRollen wrote:I was liking this game until I found that it shown me where the objects were in the hidden object scene without me asking for a hint. Don't really want to play the Difficult mode but does it have the sparkles within the hidden object scene showing you where everything is? What is the point in playing the game????

I played this game in casual mode and this did not happen. There were times I wished it would.

RVKittykat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by RVKittykat on Aug 7, 13 6:46 PM
I liked this game. It was plenty long enough to get our money's worth. But there were a few issues such as the mini-games or puzzles that I couldn't figure out for the life of me. It was like they expected people to just KNOW how to play them. One didn't seem to work at all. I'm not a big fan of IHO scenes. I would rather straight HO scenes that are well lit. I liked the map that took me anywhere I wanted to go without having to click through scene after scene. Misnamed things were a small annoyance. This is a keeper I'll play again in the future.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 14, 13 3:19 AM
Micha1234 wrote:
ritchieprod wrote:I wanted to like this one, but there were too many irritating things about it. The story is good, but everything is very slow. The movies move slowly, the game responds slowly and makes the mini games tedious instead of fun. I liked the very nonchalant ghosts you encounter. No fright, just spirits in distress. The HO scenes had a puzzling interaction mode. Difficult to see a difference where something needs to be moved to see the object behind. It felt random and frustrating. This is a no buy for me. I didn't even finish the demo.

Same here. Just couldn't get into this game. Found the HOG scene interaction very annoying.

I thought the story was very interesting, enough that I really wanted to like this game, but I agree with the complaints in the quoted reviews above. I do give the devs credit for the quick hint and skip fills, the interactive map, and the artwork (other than the HOS). The HOS ruined it for me. Too bad. It could've been a great game.

Edited on 10/14/2013 at 3:23:14 AM PST

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 18, 13 2:36 PM
Bought this game way back in February and saved it to play for October because of the Halloween theme. I am so disappointed. This game could have been great, but it just misses on several levels. It is very "clunky" and has glitches. As others have mentioned, one minute you have assembled your lantern and are knocking on the door for entry to the party, and the next you are out in the car and no explanation. The artwork appears to have been done by two different artists. Some of it is brilliant, some not so much. The ambient sounds are annoying and very repetitive. The crying child and barking dog continue, even after you have solved their problems and they are supposed to be gone. In the HOGS and elsewhere, it takes several clicks to achieve your goal and if you don't point that arrow in just the right spot, you get no response. I just find myself clicking, clicking, clicking.

I am currently halfway through this game, and I do want to keep playing. But I keep thinking, "what a shame," because this had the potential to be an epic holiday game on the level of Christmas Story, The Nutcracker. It missed on so many levels.

game issues

[Post New]by crawfordmom5 on Nov 7, 13 9:22 AM
i cannot get the piano scene to open up, it opened up the first time where I got the sheet music, but after I found the note it will absolutely not open up again very frustrated.

[Post New]by emme03 on Feb 21, 14 9:17 PM
I cant get passed the point to move the horses on the fan, I already unlocked it. whenever I try to put the cursor by the lock,it spins like I need to do something but I already did the lock. how do I move the horses, I clicked on them, tried everything and the hint button isn't working either

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 26, 14 6:55 PM
Review based on completed game:
This could have been a very good game but it is so sloppy that it was ruined for me. I have a couple of pet peeves and this game was chock-full of one:

When I correctly use an item - and it is accepted - do NOT tell me that I cannot use the item there or that I need to try something else.

I demoed the game and was impressed enough to buy it. The problems aren't that obvious at the beginning. They creep in but once they get in they hunker down to stay.

Puzzle instructions were very poor but if the player clicks on the question mark h/she will often be given the solution. In one puzzle you are told to match items that must be the same size and color. Well, evidently the person who drew the symbols didn't know about this as different sized and different colored items could be matched and were. In fact, about half of the matches I made were between items of differing colors - and it was obvious.

Dialogue appeared for about a second and then disappeared. I am not that fast of a reader although I am quite fast. I had to click it again - every.single.time.

At the same time, the player is not allowed to click through the very slowly told stories. And if I accidentally got too close to the game it would appear and open so slowly...and I had to click several times to exit.

HOS sometimes have sparkles to show where items are and sometimes don't. What? And some of the interactions were quite strange and no clues are given so how are they to be solved? If a code is needed it should be provided somewhere. The hint button did not help. This happened more than once and I just started clicking randomly and managed to get through. Where is the fun in that?

I found out from the journal that I had interacted with someone for a second time - before I interacted with that person for the a second time. Usually journals lag too far behind - this one skipped forward.

It's things like that that detract from my enjoyment of a game and I always wonder why these errors and sloppiness get through and why I pay the same amount for these games that I pay for high-quality games.

By the time I got near the end I was so irritated that I just used the hint and skip buttons to get through the game. It was work. I did not like it. I did not enjoy it one bit. And the ending was a complete let-down, too.

I bought it so I played. But I will not play it again.

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 7:15:38 PM PST

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Oct 29, 14 1:32 AM
I'm hoping that the devs is reading this because you did an excellent job with this game. Loved the graphics and the music. This HOG was done differently which I like. I just wished the ending was done in a different way. With all HOG games, with good vs evil. Good always wins. Just once, we don't know the outcome at the end. This game could have done it with playing the game board at the end. One ending having everyone returned (like it was done) but another ending having nobody returned including the main character. All in all, excellent game.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 18, 15 7:00 AM
Im sorry but I found this game to be so frustrating I could have ripped my hair out. Sorry but it isn't my thing.

[Post New]by wisp7mosspetal on Mar 9, 15 2:16 PM
A+ great game that makes you use your critical thinking skills. Clever HOS's; fresh things to do throughout, and super graphic work. MUST come out with another one. Simply must. I had no technical issues at all, (just fyi). Get these developers a goin' on 2nd game!

Go to: