bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Silent Scream II: The Bride

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 26, 13 3:49 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with a gentle reminder that any back and forth discussions and off topic posts in this thread will be edited to make reviews easier for all to find.

You are allowed to elaborate on a review you have left and as long as you post contain some form of feedback on the game that is fine but we do need to ask that posts stay on track.

I will go ahead now and edit any off topic reviews from this thread, please let a Moderator know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 26, 13 10:21 AM

I left a half played demo in my Game Manager for a few days, because I wasn't sure that I was very impressed, but then I used a credit to purchase this game and I'm so glad I did!

The game definitely gets better as you go along. The gameplay is fairly straightforward. You find that you need a item and backtrack a few clicks until you find the h.o. to acquire said item. There are a lot of h.o.'s but the story is interesting enough to keep you playing.

It's a bit tricky in some spots, and you might wonder where to go next, or what to do next, but the hint button will guide you in the right direction. It's not scary, per se, but somehow it kept reminding me of "Scratches" and wondering what would happen kept me going.

The ending was a real surprise. Oh, I want to say more, but I won't. There is a twist at the end and it makes it all worthwhile. Very good game!

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Mar 3, 13 9:11 AM
I got both "Silent Scream" games with Game Club Credits I had accrued. The first one was enjoyable to play in spite of an extremely annoying batch of bugs that should have been worked out long before the thing was released, or at least followed up on after. But my biggest complaint about the first one was that the cut scenes were too long and that there were too many of them, and you couldn't click through them either.

In spite of all that I did enjoy the creepiness of the storyline and I liked the fact that the developers understood the difference between "hidden" objects and "objects buried in dark spots so that even the Hint is of no use."

The Sequel is a most welcome improvement on the first installment. Clear graphics, and the cut scenes only served to move the story along; unlike the first game, they are not an intrusion.

Otherwise, like the first one, a standard hidden object game for the most part with a few interesting puzzles here and there. Not the greatest game BigFish has ever distributed/produced, but certainly not the worst. And I would not have minded had I had to pay for it either.

gtits
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by gtits on Mar 3, 13 12:46 PM
I loved this game and especially the story...good puzzles and only problem I had was with safe but I wasn't thinking it through correctly...The best part was the ending.....SURPRISE !!

[Post New]by sandradolores on Mar 3, 13 2:50 PM
Welll, I loved the game!!! I was just chugging along thinking I knew exactly how it was going to end! WRONG! The ending made the game for me and I plan to play it, again.
What a surprise, it was!
Note, I am stuck on two games; therefore this was a refreshing change.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 4, 13 12:27 AM
This was left in my game manager for a few days. It will be deleted as soon as I finish this. Just to make a couple of points once again, game devs please note.
1, I, like most people, do not want sparkles telling us the next click. They are to me, pointless. You may as well have a 'Well done you've finished' button.
2, I use hints very rarely, usually only after I have struggled and frustration is kicking in.

So why do some games insist that if you do not want sparkles then you're not having any hints? Absolutely stupid. I'll decide when and if I need a hint, me, I'm all grown up, I can make that decision.
It's a shame really because the rest of the game looks quite nice. If I can't choose to not have sparkles without being punished then I'm not interested. Off now to delete, what a waste.

[Post New]by Palenque1978 on Mar 6, 13 4:13 AM
This game wouldn't open up for me. It was stuck at the name... it had three names and there was no indication as to how to replace them. I had to do a reboot to get out. Not impressed, to say the least.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Mar 7, 13 11:30 PM
This is a GREAT game to use a credit on.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Mar 18, 13 9:48 AM
Just finished playing the entire game and got through it way too fast. What a truly creepy story!! My only complaint - other than way too many HOS (but they were easy, thank goodness), was the use of "gonna" and "'wanna", etc. What's up with that?? You have these very proper English accents and then you see "gonna" up on the screen??!! Anyway, I agree with everyone about the ending although I must admit I don't get the very last comment. I can't say anymore than that, but that confused me. Maybe someone could PM me and explain? All in all, I enjoyed this game, graphics weren't great, but after playing the Demo, I had to get this game. The plot absolutely grabbed me. I consider myself a seasoned player, and this game was pretty easy, but so enjoyable it didn't matter. Happy gaming!!

feenix

[Post New]by cassii48 on Mar 19, 13 12:23 PM
i am stuck at the fountain to get the watch out i have to have the hook from the fire in the livingroom and i cant get any water to put the fire out HELP!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by 255squirl on Mar 30, 13 11:39 AM
why is there no walk though... I am truly stuck.... I would not have bought this if there were not help.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Apr 26, 13 6:34 PM
Wow, and to think that I had passed this game up, I kinda hap hazardly decided to try it today. I said well if I like it I will use my free game code. I downloaded the demo and played.....as soon as the demo ended I was getting the full version ! I loved this game, and I played the whole game without a walkthrough. The hint botton was all I needed when I got a little stumped. As for the ones who don't like to see spiders catching flies or snakes catching rats, it does'nt bother me at all. It's a fact of life. Besides....it's just a game and that's part of the fun for me. Thanks BFG and to the devs of this one....GREAT game !! GREAT storyline...loved the ending as well What a good way to kick start my weekend !! and a .

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 6, 13 5:29 PM
finished it but a bit confused at the end. did jon really kill them people?

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 15, 13 7:37 PM
I was just going to comment on the demo, and read the comment above from Sandicats5 - did you just give the ending away? Thanks for nothing! I was thinking of buying to find out the ending and you blew it for me.

Not a great game, but I was intrigued by some of the comments above about the interesting ending, and was going to buy and finish - now I'm not interested. Doesn't a moderator remove all offensive comments? Giving away the ending of a game is pretty offensive.

Edited on 05/15/2013 at 7:40:58 PM PST

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on May 17, 13 2:44 AM
Lots of back and forth to pick up one piece that you needed several scenes ago, etc. But the main problem for me is the junk scenes. The objects are not artistically rendered to begin with, and then they're all just piled together. The same objects get shown over and over—that's way too bottom-of-the-swamp!

Edited on 05/17/2013 at 2:44:59 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 12, 13 6:37 AM
an ok game, way too many h.o. scenes

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 3, 14 9:53 PM

Based on the Demo

If you like hidden object games this one's for you. There were eight of them in the 45 minute demo. There was one mini puzzle but tasks throughout that required collecting things and figuring out what to do with them.

The graphics and visuals were beautifully done. There was a scene with a creepy abandoned hut in the woods, I could almost smell the decay it was so realistic and so gruesome. The soundtrack was eerie, haunting, creepy most of the time, but sometimes it was just annoying with just a single piano note playing over and over. Voiceovers were really good.

The storyline is great. It is the day of the heroine, Jessica's, wedding. She and hubby are leaving for the honeymoon when they have a horrific wreck. She finds herself bloodied and trapped by her seat belt with her groom gone amidst a shattered windshield and bloody car.

The creep factor is very high in this one. It's great.

I recommend this game!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 3, 14 12:08 AM
Jessica has a cultured English accent, describes herself as "lucky girl from a well-educated and well-off family," who is happy to be marrying a "royal son." The fellow she marries has different accents every time he opens his mouth, and it turns out that there's no royalty involved, and they're in the U.S. ?? It's Jessica's first visit to Jon's family mansion, & what a surprise . . . In short order, the devs decide Jessica's tacky, & write "gonna" every time she says "going to," which is well-nigh ridiculous, given how she enunciates. . . . . The art is very uneven. The many HOS are very easy: when the same objects appear over & over again in each massively filled junk scene, how can you miss? (Yes, a car glove compartment contains a mailbox, big branch, and giant trophy among myriad other items.) . . . The plot spins apart. The finale simply makes no sense. And of course, Jessica is in her wedding dress through every bit of zany action until the very end. This needed a great deal more care, work, and oversight in development. Not worth a DD, in my opinion.

Go to: