bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Barn Yarn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 10, 13 1:48 PM
Hi sassy57 and jodjacdan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game too!

We are definitely working on getting these issues addressed for you.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page.

These reports have a lot of information that we need to pinpoint where the problem is coming from and even how it might be fixed. It's also helpful to have as many Dr. Felixes as possible so we can see if there are any trends or differences among operating systems.

You can read more about how to run the report and send it in to Tech Support in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Mar 10, 13 3:46 PM
I've discovered something - in my case anyway -the freezing or crashing seems to happen when I have a slightly longer timeframe in finding something - ie I will be quickly clicking away, then it might take me 20 seconds to find another item then all of a sudden it's frozen up.
I've tried this a few times and it's happening every time regardlsess of whether I am in there for 2 minutes or 5 minutes.

BFG Tech Team - is there a "delay" system which kicks in which is causing this programme to freeze? Is it possible to check that out?? Thanks

[Post New]by imdaevilpoptart on Mar 10, 13 5:06 PM
Im tryinjg to download it and the website says connecting to the game but i havent been able to download it at all i even bought it thought i couldnt try it unless i bought it with my free games card

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 10, 13 5:59 PM
maxbridge wrote:I've discovered something - in my case anyway -the freezing or crashing seems to happen when I have a slightly longer timeframe in finding something - ie I will be quickly clicking away, then it might take me 20 seconds to find another item then all of a sudden it's frozen up.
I've tried this a few times and it's happening every time regardlsess of whether I am in there for 2 minutes or 5 minutes.

BFG Tech Team - is there a "delay" system which kicks in which is causing this programme to freeze? Is it possible to check that out?? Thanks

Hi maxbridge,

That information could definitely help us figure out why this problem is coming up.

Our Tech Support Team doesn't check these Forums regularly, so it would be best for you to send this information to them directly through the Contact Us page. They'll also be able to collect some information about how the game is running on your particular system that will also be very useful as we work on getting this issue addressed.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 10, 13 6:01 PM
imdaevilpoptart wrote:Im tryinjg to download it and the website says connecting to the game but i havent been able to download it at all i even bought it thought i couldnt try it unless i bought it with my free games card

Hi imdaevilpoptart and welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading this game!

First, please try the suggestions in the help article below - they get things sorted out for a lot of customers that run into this sort of issue.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Our Tech Support Team will also be happy to take a look at things and work with you directly to get the game installed. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

jfrrt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jfrrt on Mar 10, 13 7:43 PM
My game crashed repeatedly on Win7. I got new drivers for my video card and it stopped crashing. Check your drivers!!

[Post New]by imdaevilpoptart on Mar 10, 13 10:37 PM
I have no problem i downloaded before now it doesnt download at all

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 11, 13 5:42 AM
Heya imdaevilpoptart, welcome to the Pond!

It definitely is odd that the game suddenly doesn't want to download even though it worked before!

Sometimes it can happen that certain processes or programs are interfering with the download. You can easily check what could be the cause of these problems by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by frimousse45 on Mar 11, 13 11:20 AM
Bonjour. I would like to share with you what happened to a similar game by [Removed by Moderator]: Gardenscapes Mansion makeover. I wrote them for the same reasons as almost everybody on this forum. Here is what they answered:

The matter seems to be in your Video Card.
There are quite a lot of different problems with Video Cards of this type (Intel HD Graphics). Unfortunately, the developers of these Cards cannot explain what to do in such a situation and we cannot provide you with any other variants on how to fix the game.

And I have the same problem with this new game Barn Yarn.
With all the games I bought I didn't have any problems except these 2.

Is there a problem with [Removed by Moderator]?

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 3:38:50 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 12, 13 3:40 AM
Hi frimousse45,

Welcome to the Pond!

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how your games perform.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, or you would like some more specific help with this, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you and I assure you that we won;t leave you with a game you cannot play and enjoy.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

wytwch
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by wytwch on Mar 12, 13 7:54 AM
Downloaded,played 24 minutes, went back to finish the 1 hr trial, won't play. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. I click "play" the blue circle goes for a few seconds, nothing...

[Post New]by frimousse45 on Mar 12, 13 8:57 AM
Merci bfgBaikal. I did what techinal support suggested for GardenScapes and it was not working. But I have checked again and I realized that I forgot a step regarding the vidéo card adjusment. I did it and now my two games are working properly. Yé!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 12, 13 10:08 AM
Hey there wytwch,

That is definitely odd, particularly since uninstalling and reinstalling the trial didn't help! Please go ahead and contact Customer Support and one of our Reps will work with you to help figure that out! To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

frimousse45: Thanks so much for working with our Tech Support Team, and very happy to hear that adjusting the video card did the trick! I hope you enjoy your new games!

Best of luck and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

ZipperK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ZipperK on Mar 15, 13 9:36 PM
I have gotten to the megaphone fix and have been able to find all the gears but have not been able to find one of the coil springs. Everytime I let a butterfly out it just goes off the side. I can't go on with the game until I find the last coil. I have looked over every inch of the screen and I'm beginning to think there's some kind of error in the number of coils there actually are suppost to be. I'd like to move forward so what advice might you have for me. BJ

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 16, 13 4:54 AM
Hi ZipperK,

It may be that there is an issue with the coils but after doing some research I cant see any other reports of this so hopefully, we should be able to work this out easily!

My first suggestion would be to use a hint if you have one, if not, perhaps searching for another butterfly would be good idea so that you can gain an hint to use at this point.

If you continue to have trouble, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game because shaking the game files up like this will help ensure the game is running correctly for you.

That being said, if you feel like this may be a tech issue though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/16/2013 at 4:55:26 AM PST

ZipperK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ZipperK on Mar 16, 13 3:44 PM
I'm going to try uninstall and reinstall and see if that works because I have used up 4 butterflies and they always just go straight across the page and off. Thank you for your help. I love the game, just want to be able to finish it.

[Post New]by Stitchingmom1 on Mar 22, 13 7:56 PM
I wanted to try the game but didn't have a chance. I downloaded the trial, but I was still in the middle of another game, so I didn't try it right away. Suddenly, it said my trial was over. I never even opened the game. It was very weird.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 23, 13 11:56 AM
Hey there Stitchingmom1,

Welcome to the Pond!

That definitely sounds weird! If uninstalling and reinstalling the trial doesn't help one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to offer some other options for the game.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

ZipperK: If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help then please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support as well for some additional troubleshooting steps.

Thanks and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by _TheBagLady on Mar 25, 13 10:58 AM
I concur with ALL of the people attempting to tell YOU that the game is flawed. Game crashes within minutes of game play. I have a newer PC with Windows 7 and I actually purchased the game. Either refund our money as we've been sold a defective product or FIX IT please! Whatever happened to business saying "the customer is always right" even when they're not! (However, we are in this case). I've been a member of BGF for quite some time and hope to continue to do so.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 26, 13 5:22 AM
Hi _TheBagLady,

We are limited as to the advice we can offer via the Forums, so that we do not make suggestions that could be potentially harmful if implemented on the wrong type of machine, which can be the case with some machine specific fixes.

We definitely don't want to leave you with a game that you cannot play and enjoy though so please contact our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report if you need more help. Also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Go to: