tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tarrocket on Mar 8, 13 11:03 AM
bfgIzara wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little help!

AngelFish49: I'm very sorry to hear those pesky Access Violation messages were showing up. If you'd like to give it another try I would definitely check out the helpful tips and tricks in the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation help article </a>.

gale129: Although I haven't heard of other Fishies with that same issue it may help to <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> the game. This can sometimes move the needed game files to get everything working properly again.

If there are still issues in the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Sorries but if you would read several posts up then you will see that I put down the same issue.

audreydi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by audreydi on Mar 8, 13 11:20 AM
Finding the HO scenes very dark and the red lettering cant see at all .Maybe next time they could use just plain old white for easier on the eyes .

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 8, 13 12:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up, tarrocket! Since a few of you are experiencing that same issue it may be a specific glitch in the game. If you haven't already it would be a huge help if you would contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to collect needed information for the developer to take a look at if a fix is needed.

audreydi: I really appreciate your feedback about the darkness and red lettering in the game. Since this isn't a specific tech issue, it may be helpful for other Fishies if you would post your comments here or here threads. That way other Fishies can easily swim in and see that great feedback!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Edited on 03/13/2013 at 9:34:43 AM PST

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Mar 8, 13 7:30 PM
I see that I am not the only one having the access violations problem. I have contacted customer support (along with a Dr. Felix). There suggestions did not work.
I tried contacting them again to let them know that they didn't work and I received no response. I tried chat. I couldn't type two words before I was disconnected. This continues until I finally got the rep to email me. Since then, NO RESPONSE.

I know you can only offer suggestions and most of the time we still have to contact customer support, but when they offer solutions (that don't work) and we go above and beyond what a customer should have to do, only get a refund.

I am very upset and hope you can pass this on.

I have never had such poor customer support from BFG.

Beware fishies, BFG is out for the $ and not for quality or customers relations any more.

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 7:32:50 PM PST

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Mar 8, 13 8:20 PM
Played about 14 minutes and then a black box appeared in the scene. Couldn't do anything else...had to control/alt/delete. Exited out and then went back into game, but black box still there. I would really like to buy this game and take advantage of the special, but I am afraid that it will not work. Sorry, BFG, guess I will have to pass on this one!! :-(

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 3:35 AM
Hi JanG7,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience.

I am not too sure when you contacted us last but you should receive a response from us within 72 hours, so if it was yesterday, you should hear from us by Monday at the latest - I assure you that we do our best to get back to everyone who contacts us as quickly as possible.

And just to let you know that we really appreciate you taking the time to troubleshooting with us, we know this is not a fun experience however, it is often necessary to make some adjustments if your computer is not handling the game effectively. If that fails, we will always offer a refund but beyond that, there is not a lot more we can do if troubleshooting has been exhausted.

I will be sure to pass your feedback along though and if you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to add to the message you sent us, requesting that the matter be escalated.

crabbycat - That is definitely not right!

You could try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble running and displaying the game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/09/2013 at 3:36:43 AM PST

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Mar 10, 13 3:00 AM
In the bonus game i have tried 3 times to put down the jars to the robot but the game is freezing. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. So can not finish the game.And again last game from ERS i could not play. So it is two games in a row. Never hapends before. Do something!!!!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 3:52 AM
Heya smokey735, welcome to the Pond!

I'm really sorry to hear that your game keeps freezing in the bonus chapter, how frustrating!

It could be that your computer has some problems to process the scene properly. This can happen when some of the software you need to play a game properly is in need of an update. You can easily check this by following the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by POPPY125780 on Mar 10, 13 9:20 AM
Gale and Tarrocket, I have the same problem, I have the magic wand on top of the scroll in the same box, so I cannot move forward either. The whole game has played smoothly up to the bonus content, this is a definate glitch in the bonus game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. My computer is BRAND new, so no point in telling me that its my machine. I purchased return to Mysterious Island, and I could never play it. Big Fish tried to help, but nothing sorted it. I am a brilliant customer of Big Fish, and I am getting pretty fed up with these games not working. Please try and sort it, or I shall not be purchasing any more games.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Mar 10, 13 2:23 PM
First they put all the issues on my system. I tried all their suggestions
and that made everything worse at my end. Had to recover from a previous
point to get everything working again. They won't admit there is a problem the game and won't apologize for the wrong suggestions they gave me. I am P0'd

bfgBaikal wrote:Hi JanG7,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience.

I am not too sure when you contacted us last but you should receive a response from us within 72 hours, so if it was yesterday, you should hear from us by Monday at the latest - I assure you that we do our best to get back to everyone who contacts us as quickly as possible.

And just to let you know that we really appreciate you taking the time to troubleshooting with us, we know this is not a fun experience however, it is often necessary to make some adjustments if your computer is not handling the game effectively. If that fails, we will always offer a refund but beyond that, there is not a lot more we can do if troubleshooting has been exhausted.

I will be sure to pass your feedback along though and if you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to add to the message you sent us, requesting that the matter be escalated.

crabbycat - That is definitely not right!

You could try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble running and displaying the game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If this doesn't help, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 2:52:49 PM PST

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Mar 10, 13 9:46 PM
I'm in the bonus game. Two inventory items - the seeds and 2 out of 3 jars were overlapping and were within the same box in my inventory. I could only access the jars.

Thanks to the strategy guide, I was able to work around this. But it was incredibly frustrating and made the bonus game even less fun. Please ask Ers to address this. Thank you.

Edited to add:
After writing this I went back to play. Got to the game with the robot & won the robot hand. Now it is on the seeds and without the seeds I can not go forward in the bonus game. I have now paid CE price for an SE game and I am not very happy.

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 9:53:09 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 12, 13 3:26 AM
Hi Fishies.

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

TimeKilla - I'm sorry to hear that issue is reoccurring!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game yet, as doing so should hopefully prevent this overlapping issue.

Of course, if you would like some more help, we would be happy to have a look at this with you. When submitting a support ticket to, Tech Support please run and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so they can get to helping you right away.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Mar 12, 13 9:15 PM
I have a different sort of glitch, nothing extremely major, but it is annoying. I was able to beat the bonus play and everything, and I checked out of mostly just wanting to on the little pet after beating it, and found out, not only did he lose the option to have shoes, which I had unlocked during the bonus gameplay but that it says I have 15 critter coins( I should have had 0 as I'd bought everything) and can't "unlock" his shoes again.

Otherwise I had no problems, but I'd love a fix for this one.

ETA: I've already tried an Uninstall/Reinstall, and I already checked the bonus play and it offers me the ability to replay the bonus play, which states that it acknowledges I already played it, as does the creature book which is full with all pictures as it should be. It is ONLY the "My Pet" area with a problem for me.

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 9:58:59 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 13, 13 1:53 AM
Heya Spirit_of_Auron,

That sure sounds odd and we definitely wouldn't leave your pet without his shoes!

As you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall your game I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything. They'll be happy to help you and your little critter out!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Mar 13, 13 7:41 AM
i'm having a problem, when i am trying to use the water amulet on the water mage, the game crashes, and closes with an access violation, I need to do this to get to the next bit of the game, help???

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 13, 13 9:45 AM
Hey there mrsj,

I'm very sorry to hear that the game is crashing with that 'Access Violation'.

If you'd like to try, running the game as an administrator can often help with this kind of issue and helps to make sure the game has all of the resources it needs to play.

Please also be sure to reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and one of our Reps will help you directly to help get that water amulet working properly!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck!

bfgIzara

shanleyaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by shanleyaz on Mar 13, 13 4:31 PM
I am having a different issue. After playing for a few hours all of a sudden the game no longer is full screen but only a square. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no result. Other games are working fine. Any ideas?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 13, 13 5:04 PM
Hi shanleyaz,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the game display!

This is a different kind of issue that we're seeing with a few different games. Our Tech Support Team does have some steps they can go through with you to try to get everything straightened out, though.

Please contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/13/2013 at 5:04:21 PM PST

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Mar 13, 13 6:27 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Spirit_of_Auron,

That sure sounds odd and we definitely wouldn't leave your pet without his shoes!

As you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall your game I would recommend that you get in touch with our <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support Team</a> so they can have a look at everything. They'll be happy to help you and your little critter out!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

I'll let them know, as I replayed the bonus play just on the offchance and while in the bonus play it had the coins regatherable, and had the old saved version of my pet(I changed it trying to see if it'd fix anything) and when I finished it a second time(having not unlocked the shoes this time to see if it'd make any difference) and again the coins were gone and the new version of the pet was saved, so I definetly think it's a glitch within the game itself as it was fine with the pet during the bonus play.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 14, 13 1:45 AM
Thanks for working with us Spirit_of_Auron - what you have described is really strange so the Team will be happy to have the chance to look into this with you.

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

Go to: