Re:Abandoned Train: Generator mini-game

[Post New]by jennya1942 on Dec 4, 09 10:46 PM
putteringpossum wrote:I have to agree with the people who are frustrated. I play these games for the mindless entertainment value. I just want to find hidden objects. I don't have the time or the inclination to have my brains sucked out my ears every time try to play this game. Some of us aren't hard line gamers, we do have a life and play for the simple fun and this IS NOT FUN!

[Post New]by jennya1942 on Dec 4, 09 10:52 PM
jennya1942 wrote:
putteringpossum wrote:I have to agree with the people who are frustrated. I play these games for the mindless entertainment value. I just want to find hidden objects. I don't have the time or the inclination to have my brains sucked out my ears every time try to play this game. Some of us aren't hard line gamers, we do have a life and play for the simple fun and this IS NOT FUN!

[Post New]by jennya1942 on Dec 4, 09 10:54 PM
I agree that this is way to complicated.. I bought hidden object to find hidden objects ... not to sit for ages moving things back and forth..

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Feb 15, 10 1:42 PM
There is a previous post that spells out what you have to do to get to the generator, and it is very complete except for what to do with the bars.

Quote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re:Abandoned Train: Generator mini-game - SPOILER - Don't read if you don't want to know!

by RenaRF on Jul 22, 08 3:27 PM
I was BEYOND frustrated with this, but I've gotten through it.

1. At the beginning, long before you get to the generator or anything like that, be sure you pick up the light bulb, the plank, and the bolt cutters in the first two scenes (the only two available without opening hidden scenes).

2. THE PLANK: Look at the toucan on the sign. Look to the right of that and you'll see a post. The plank goes to the right of that post over the gap. This will open another hidden area where you will get the gas can.

3. THE BOLT CUTTERS: Use them on the lock on the right-hand train car. This opens the generator puzzle.

4. THE LIGHT BULB: Use the light bulb in the generator puzzle.

5. THE GAS CAN: Use it in the funnel to get your fuel tank half-full.

NOTE: The red knobs, to me, don't do anything except create a little steam and then shut themselves off. I turned both, for what it's worth, but I don't really think they did anything.

6. THE BARS: This is going to take trial-and-error. What I CAN share is that lights only light when opposite ends of the bar are on a BLUE and a GOLD - in other words, if you connect a bar between a gold and a gold or a blue and a blue, nothing will light up. Any bar that connects a blue and a gold will light the associated bulbs on the top of the puzzle. The key is to ensure all bars are covered following the blue/gold rule.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now for the bars, what I did (which is really geeky, but it worked better than trial and error) is that before trying to assemble the puzzle, I placed one bar at a time on the rods and moved it across from right to left and wrote down what combinations lit what lights for each bar. It's very simple -- when you make a good connection (btwn blue and gold posts) the corresponding lights go on above. In other words, if you connect rods 2 and 7 (from the left) with the longest bar, lights 2 and 7 go on. If you look at your list, only one combo lights 1-10. Start figuring with the rod that has the fewest options (the third largest, which only has two possible placements). HTH.

[Post New]by pat84TX on May 15, 10 7:01 PM
Ok, I finally figured it out! The left end of the longest bar goes on the 3rd pole; the shortest bar goes to the far right; the 2nd longest bar goes on the 2 pole; the 3rd longest bar goes on the 1st pole; and the 4th longest bar goes on the 5th pole. Hopefully that will help someone.
I finally had to right down which placement lit which bulbs then I eliminated the ones already lit.
I was almost ready to give up!

[Post New]by pjlieb on Jun 6, 10 7:52 AM
I closed the game, went back and the bars are gone. How do I get them back?

[Post New]by Jlee1014 on Dec 2, 10 10:21 AM
The game is CRASHING at the train-light bulb game on iPad after the 4.2.1 update with the latest game build as of Dec 2, 2010. I've reported it, not getting any reply from tech support....am getting frustrated, just paid for this thing and it doesn't work...plus seems like there's NO WAY to get refunded. Can you at least acknowledge the bug and let us know you are working on it? Would love to play the game if possible.

[Post New]by gin_in_tyler on Dec 3, 10 5:41 PM
The plank has to go across the ravine, not a waterfall. There is an area to the right of the big toucan and the sign post that will turn blue. Then you can get the gas can. Scroll through the other posts and you'll find one with a really nice, bulleted list telling you each piece of solving that puzzle OR once you get gas in the tank, the hint button will get you through. :+)

biscuit99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by biscuit99 on Jan 7, 11 6:19 PM
RenaRF, THANK YOU!!! The lights game was killing me. I never thought
about the blue/gold thing.

jazzbuster
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jazzbuster on Apr 1, 11 3:47 AM
I got the gas in the tanIk, the bars arranged right, all the lights are on but nobody is home. I can only turn the red valves, which vent steam. I don't know where on earth you would use rowboat paddles on this engine, but maybe that's for later.
I'm just sitting looking at the bulbs, wires, sparks, the fuel gage, and the vibration that shows it is running. Doesn't this ride go anywhere? I'm getting tired of just looking at it. I used to run a freight locomotive and they were a lot dirtier but at least they went somewhere. Now what?

[Post New]by taylor763 on Aug 7, 11 12:44 PM
I can't find the fuel for the train where is it?

[Post New]by nonics57 on Sep 20, 11 10:22 AM
Can someone please tell me what I have to do next I have cut the chain on the train but nothing is happening and I to go somewhere else for the generator game help please I'm going nuts Thank you

[Post New]by slaterfamily4 on Dec 31, 11 4:02 PM
I am playing this game on my iPhone. It's driving me nuts. I have placed this dang plank everywhere everyone suggests. I don't have a cursor to see if it turns blue. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I think I'm going crazy!!!! Thanks

Birdsbeth
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Birdsbeth on Feb 9, 12 11:50 PM
The plank doesn't cross the waterfall, but a small gap to the right of it. The paddles mean you have finished that puzzle and where would you use paddles? Go to the scene with a boat.

The bars were driving me cazy, because I couldn't get them to stick. You have to push the button first.

Once you get to the right room, you'll see the gas can.

Re: cutting the chain on the train. After that, go thru that door.

[Post New]by Puzzlenut1207 on May 9, 12 9:49 PM
Close your eyes now if you want to keep puzzling on the dragged generator rods. They go, in order of size starting with the longest LH end 3rd from left, 2nd from left, 1st left, either 4 or 5 and the smallest rod goes far right.

flags1
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by flags1 on Jun 1, 12 12:37 PM
Here is a hint to newbies.

1.) Open the forum with list of discussion on your internet.
2.) Play the game.
3.) Stuck? ---
Don't close the game!
Press the Microsoft window flag on the bottome row of your keyboard --
keys on the left of your keyboard. That pauses the game.
4.) Look in forum for answer -- don't close page -- minimize.
5.) Click screen of game and you're back in -- nothing is gone -- you have one step
and you're playing again.

LESS Work ---- LESS frustration!

[Post New]by jenniferanne_327 on Jul 3, 12 1:45 PM
hey i tried and toiled over that generator puzzle, nothing worked for the longest time, even what i read, but i found that you have to do it in a certian order as far as heights go. there are 5 levels, on the top i put the leftmost part of the longest bar on the 3rd rod, second level down i put the leftmost side of the 4th longest bar on the5th rod, 3rd level, 3rd longest bar, first rod, 4th level, 2nd longest bar, 2nd rod, and the last, shortest bar goes on the bottom all the way to the right. hope i helped SOMEone, as it seems that these might be different for everyone :/

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Sep 28, 12 2:12 AM
it is so frustrating that you can't get it done I deleted the whole game, games should be fun, not annoying

[Post New]by mpc1500 on Dec 8, 12 10:10 AM
I'm stuck at the boat in the cave. I have a bolt cutter, lightbulb, and a gas can and I have no clue what to do. I found the blue spot but every time I drag one of the items over is doesn't work. Help!!

ls69crab
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ls69crab on Feb 13, 13 5:02 PM
I give up - had no issues with the plank but cannot get the generator working - I got the oars got the gas can and light bulb but the tank is already half full and won't accept the gas can - heaven knows what you do with the light bulb and can't finish the gems on the big rock - nothing is worth this frustration - sorry now I spent the money on this game.

Go to: