ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dreamscapes: The Sandman

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Mar 15, 13 10:07 PM
good involving gameplay but the story and dialog seems to be for 12 year olds....Oh well..I've noticed that a lot here lately..enjoy anyway but for adventure games I tend to go with straight mysteries...

zpw3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by zpw3 on Mar 15, 13 11:37 PM
Before the game even starts! a misspelling! Please!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Mar 16, 13 6:58 AM
Decided to buy this after playing the demo. I liked collecting the beholders, but at the same time, I also found them them to be a bit distracting - sort of like where's Waldo combined with okay let's get these out of the way before proceeding with the story. Yesterday the DD was Nightfall Mysteries: Blackheart and the biggest complaint was the graphics being sub par which in at lot of the original reviews, discouraged many from purchasing the game when first offered. (For me it was still worth the DD price). I found the graphics in this game to be of the same quality and there seemed to be far less complaints in the reviews. Quite frankly hearing that there is a CE version, I thought this to be a great SE release - love the Gremlin!.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Mar 16, 13 11:19 AM
I love love this game NO HOG'S at all !!! just a great adventure I just wish the walkthrough was included in the game I don't get stuck often but would like it available and would pay a larger price for it to. Please take a look at this game if you haven't yet brilliantly done and great story.

[Post New]by Shaman2013 on Mar 18, 13 6:43 AM
Dear Players,

please forgive us that we can’t answer all your questions.

Some answers may violate the rules of this forum and this is not correct on our part.
We can confidently say you only one thing - if you liked the game so much, we certainly will be working on a sequel.

And in future we'll try only to please you with the quality of games, and their quantity and variety of scenarios.

Kind regards,
Shaman Games Studio

Edited on 03/18/2013 at 6:43:27 AM PST

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 18, 13 6:37 PM
That was the second shortest game I've ever played - 3 hours and 20 minutes - but it was fun and creative with a few new things like putting a dreamcatcher together. I had an annoying moment about 70 minutes into the game (after I finished the demo and purchased it) when an "achievement" window told me I was halfway done the game - which implied it was an even shorter game - but it was longer than that.

Good points:
---The hidden beholders were a fun challenge, much more so than any morphing objects, and happily all the windows they were in stayed open until I found them.
--- The puzzles, such as they were, were mostly new and challenging, although the one I enjoyed the best was a one-shot deal with no repeats (the one where you join up the lights without crossing tracks).
--- Graphics were good and fairly clear.
--- No HO scenes - woo hoo!
--- Map was not needed as play area was fairly small.
--- No annoying spelling or grammatical errors.
--- There may be a sequel according to that last post. Good stuff.

Less than good points:
---The evil character's voice-over was massively irritating.
---I didn't find all the beholders because the rest of them were in the bonus game, which this version didn't have.
--- Some odd instructions for puzzles e.g. "Join the signs so the ways do not cross" took some figuring out, although that turned out to be my favourite puzzle.
--- Several achievements involved using the hint button 5 and 10 times. The hint button just wasn't necessary as the game was pretty easy to follow.
---The game ends with "To be continued." I guess that means the ending would have been in the bonus game?

Anyway this game was worth the coupon code I used for it and will look forward to sequels.

Edited on 03/18/2013 at 7:02:13 PM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 26, 13 5:08 AM
Just a little into the demo, I decided that I really liked this game. I also loved the beholders, no HOS's, Benny and just the entire quirkiness of the game. Yeah, another hooded figure, but at least it's in someone's mind (hopefully). I did see some grammatical errors/wrong words, by the way, which were a little disconcerting, and it seems like another game with mythic European overtones, but, again, since it's someone's dreams/fantasies/nightmares it didn't bother me as it might have. I really can't do the full price for the premium version, so I'll be using a punch card coupon for it (which should soften the apparent fact that it's a short game). However, like other players I definitely would have gone for the CE of this game, if it had been available.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 30, 13 2:15 AM
I have finished this game only yesterday, and it's one of my favourites.

I loved everything about this game. And the fact that we were in a dreamworld, and therefore anything was possible, and we went into different types of landscapes, some of them quite outlandish, made this a really fun game.

And I loved the ending. Very well done, and I am sooooo looking forward to the sequel.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 2, 13 4:39 AM
mcurty wrote:
gamblebug wrote:Shagwendy since you own the CE of this game .Is the SE going to end right then.

This SE has an appropriate ending.
The Bonus Chapter is the story of another character.

I loved this game and had a lot of fun playing it. The extras were fun to collect and rather creepy. I don't understand why the CE was not released here because it included all the standard extras and is better than many that I have seen here.

My complete review of this game is at the game review place.

Thanks mcurty. I read your review over there and this is a buy for me...An Adventure and no H0s.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 6, 13 9:25 AM
we like the game and it is a definite 10/10. we love this type of story........

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Apr 7, 13 11:27 AM
almost finished demo... yes a buy..... no HOS !! great... played games from Playrix before and have enjoyed, cannot remember all of them ...
thanks Devs will get back when finished .. now to get the coupon code for today !!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 8, 13 8:16 PM
I read all the reviews on this game ( I have a Punch Card Code that expires soon), and this seemed to be a good game to use it on. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't seem to like this game - my computer froze up entirely after only maybe three minutes into the game. Rebooted computer, and got the game on again, and found my mouse (which I just got today), just floating along (!!) like it didn't have a care in the world or a job to do, which was to PLAY THE GAME!!! So I really didn't get a chance to see if I liked or disliked this game, but honestly, what little I did see, seemed kinda boring to me, and the graphics just didn't grab me, so I guess a no buy for me.

feenix

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Apr 9, 13 4:42 PM
Just finished the game, it started out good so I bought it, but I really wish I did not. As the game went on, it got boring and I could not wait to have it finished. Some of the puzzles were impossible to even do, so I had to skip them, which I really hate and after reading some of the reviews, other people were doing the same.

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 4:42:42 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 10, 13 9:05 PM
Haven't read all the reviews (its late and I'm getting tired), but I guess I'm in the minority here. I did not like this game even a little bit! I thought the graphics were blurry, the story dumb (the second dumb game I played in two days - how's that for bad luck?!), and just could not get into this game. I gave it a try yesterday and today, but nope, Still, everyone to his own opinion, and give it a try - I did!

feenix

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Apr 12, 13 1:10 PM
feenix2011 wrote:Haven't read all the reviews (its late and I'm getting tired), but I guess I'm in the minority here. I did not like this game even a little bit! I thought the graphics were blurry, the story dumb (the second dumb game I played in two days - how's that for bad luck?!), and just could not get into this game. I gave it a try yesterday and today, but nope, Still, everyone to his own opinion, and give it a try - I did!

feenix

I agree, I wish I had not bought it

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Apr 20, 13 9:44 AM
I really liked this game, especially with no HOG scenes. A change of pace. Although by the time I had reached the bonus game, regretfully, I was sick of the game and never finished the bonus section. By then the story had become very corny and repetitive.

Would love to see more games like this but not dark and scary. Can't devs come up with stories that are good without ghosts, spirits, and satanic things? How about a good mystery?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 20, 13 4:11 PM
barbee44 wrote:I really liked this game, especially with no HOG scenes. A change of pace. Although by the time I had reached the bonus game, regretfully, I was sick of the game and never finished the bonus section. By then the story had become very corny and repetitive.

Would love to see more games like this but not dark and scary. Can't devs come up with stories that are good without ghosts, spirits, and satanic things? How about a good mystery?

If you like this then you might want to try some pure adventure games (which is what this was.) Any Nancy Drew game is good and generally not too dark. And don't be mislead into thinking they are just for kids - they'll keep any adult thinking and entertained, too. They also have 2 difficulty modes - Junior and Senior Detective, so you can play the level you're comfortable with. BFG offers a number of other pure adventure games, too, varying in difficulty. You have to be careful, though. BFG's classifications for the games are not always accurate and many they call adventure games are really IHOGs, so try them first.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Apr 22, 13 9:55 PM
The only reason I think it is too short is because I'm enjoying it so darn much I was shocked when I get the half finished Benny!. I have no idea how long I have been playing I just want it to go on for a good long while more. Such a good game.

Great game!

[Post New]by allegro2500 on Apr 28, 13 7:23 AM
Fun, fun, fun! Beautiful graphics. Music was a bit creepy, but it fit the game. I like to play these games with the lights off and the sound up to really feel like I'm a part of the game...and this one was AWESOME that way!!

Yes, a bit short, but probably only because I had to play it straight through because the storyline was so compelling. Looking forward to the sequel. Great game!!

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 4, 13 10:49 PM
Possible SPOILERS**
So because of the title, I would suppose the average person would realize that you are entering "dreams" and dealing with the Sandman, hence the title. It wasn't a bad game, but I hate endings with "to be continued". After going through her dreamland, I don't think I'm enthused about going through his dreamland. I mean honestly, who did not get creeped out by having to go into the clowns mouth, ew! And I at first I thought finding the beholders were not that bad, but then towards the end, it just became rather tedious. I think if they lessened the number of those creepy things, it would be better. I did like the few mini games they had and I did like the concept of the story line. In my opinion, this was a far better "dream" game than most I've played. Still creepy, dark, and out there, but I rather like creepy, dark, and out there games. So I would definitely recommend this game. Don't know if its worth a CE, but all the same great fun.

Go to: