Re:Beetle Temple: Animal Door/Gear Puzzle

[Post New]by franniedavis on Jun 23, 08 6:46 AM
I have found all the animals, as well, but cannot find the ROCKET in the last screen - I also have one gear left over that won't fit with the rest of the gears on the third screen.

I have clicked on all of the "shapes" to change them, but am not sure what shape each should be.

Has anyone solved this puzzle?

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Jun 23, 08 10:27 AM
I can't seem to get the gears in the final room to "grind" together. Help?

[Post New]by raunsmom on Jun 23, 08 1:46 PM
I've solved the animals & the gears, but now I'm stuck. I've got 1 thing left to find. The comb. Can't find it and am assuming I need it to move on. Please help!!

Suzzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzie on Jun 23, 08 1:57 PM
Someone said the fish is in the last room, but there's no door in the last room, just a stone wall, the second room is full of gears and I see no door, and the first room has the dragonfly over the door. I have clicked all over the room with the symbols (the gate) but still can not find it.....

kellen46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kellen46 on Jun 23, 08 4:14 PM
you have to move the gears to find the fish......it is hidden until you do.

[Post New]by pains_viandes on Jun 23, 08 9:53 PM

Do you no how to get the Small animal that drag some holes in the heart. My arrow turns blue, but i tried all the keys from my keyboard. That thing does not come out from is hole. Spend 3 hrs, and still, i am more than tired. If someone can give me a hint, i would appreciate it. Thank you

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 24, 08 4:20 AM
pains_viandes wrote:
Do you no how to get the Small animal that drag some holes in the heart. My arrow turns blue, but i tried all the keys from my keyboard. That thing does not come out from is hole. Spend 3 hrs, and still, i am more than tired. If someone can give me a hint, i would appreciate it. Thank you

pains viandes, it sounds like you mean the gopher? If yes, then you need to go to a different map location and pick up gopher food. Once you have it in inventory, go back to the map where the gopher lives. Pick up the food from inventory and click it on the gopher hole. Then, click on the gopher when he pops up.
When you see a blue item on your list of hidden items, it means you need an item from inventory to help you get to the blue item. When you move your cursor over your screen and it turns sparkling and blue, that means you need to apply an item from inventory at that location. You may have to move back and forth within 3, 4, or 5 maps to find and apply inventory items to the blue cursor areas.
Happy Gaming.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Jun 24, 08 4:37 PM
With the help of you all, I finally got all the gears in the last scene (I had a heck of a time to find the fish and complete that level).
However, now I'm stuck with the gears - I can't get the two in the upper left corner to move along with all the others - even though they seem to interlock. Any help in what I'm doing wrong?

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Jun 24, 08 4:52 PM
kellen46 wrote:you have to move the gears to find the fish......it is hidden until you do.

Please Help-it's a rare sunny day in Seattle and I am inside trying (after working all day) to get the stupid gears to mesh, been trying off and on for days... maybe someone could simply color code the order, ie - from large to small there are - 2 green, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 reddish/blue, 2 purplish - from left to right, what order???? Thanks so much - I am ready to throw my computer into the trash!!! (But I do love this game!)

Edited on 06/24/2008 at 4:53:38 PM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jun 24, 08 4:57 PM
Not sure if I've done something wrong or what...I got to the gears door, found the gears, put them in so that they interlocked, four blue lights under the beetle hieroglyph lit up, beetle lit up, pretty blue! when I turned the crank: the little beetle happily waved its antennae and the gears all moved, but the door did not open. I turned the crank clockwise awhile (like 20 times), then for kicks turned it counter-clockwise awhile (ditto), and the door did not open. What have I missed? Do I need to turn the handle in some special combination or something? Help will be much appreciated!

mazomaiden
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by mazomaiden on Jun 24, 08 8:13 PM
Can anyone tell me where to find the butterfly? I search and search the rooms and just can't find that one.
Thanks

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 24, 08 8:16 PM
cat52 wrote: Help will be much appreciated!

...Cat, is it possible you still have something in inventory? Or an item left to find in one of the other maps?

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Jun 24, 08 10:17 PM
I finally got through the gear puzzle at the end. I can't remember where all the gears went, but I do remember that the blue gear belongs in the middle near the top. One of the little purple gears goes in the middle on the right side and it only connects to ONE gear (the existing one on the right lower part). The two green gears go to the right of the existing gear on the left, the red gear to the right of that and the left of the existing gear in the middle. The yellow goes to the top right of the existing gear in the middle. I made a diagram of these, but when I figured out the last two it all went so fast I can't remember where they went. However, once you place most of them, crank the lever that makes the bug on the left move and it will show you blue lights. When I had three lights, I clicked "hint" (because I was so frustrated) and it threww the two gears I had in the wrong place back into the inventory. After that it was pretty much just trial and error.
I know this sounds confusing, but maybe it'll help some of you.

The butterfly is on the 3rd map on the lower left side.

In order to see the whale you have to solve the gear puzzle on the 3rd map. That one is tricky - you have to put them down in the right oder, if you don't they won't fit, even if they DO fit. Bwhhaaahhhh......

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 24, 08 10:58 PM
comicseller wrote:Hi Alisep,
I can't find the whale shape either! I think he is supposed to be in the room with the frog as the other rooms all have 2 symbols. I am stuck on this level because the room or "map" with the snake and butterfly keep asking for items that are supposed to be on or near the wall. I can't locate any of them like the trident, whisk broom, spade, skull, axe and more. These are all shown to be on the wall when I click on the clues.
I am not getting anywhere. I tried uninstall and reinstall thinking the game might be corrupt, but it's the same old thing. Help
jackie

...I'm not sure about all of the items, but I know the trident is behind the wall. If the items are blue, you can't just find and click them, something additional is needed. To open the wall, you need to use the 4 gears on the gear box. Hope that helps.

LadyGecko
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by LadyGecko on Jun 25, 08 11:30 AM
I'm stuck with the damn gears too! They are all in correctly, turning the handle backwards/forwards moves the gears (with dust falling) and the beetle lights up here and there and clicking the "hint" button got me absolutely NO WHERE!

So now what? I've figured out everything else up to this point, but this one has got me stumped.

LadyGecko
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by LadyGecko on Jun 25, 08 11:34 AM
Nevermind...I figured it out. Woohoo!

spy123spy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by spy123spy on Jun 25, 08 5:21 PM
I have all the gears, three are solid and turn. Two can still be removed and replaced, but will not turn.Am i correct that I read that someone figured out how to get all the gears to mesh. If so, please give me a hint. I almost got my curser frozen on me. spy123spy

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Jun 25, 08 6:18 PM
rentonwa wrote:I finally got through the gear puzzle at the end. I can't remember where all the gears went, but I do remember that the blue gear belongs in the middle near the top. One of the little purple gears goes in the middle on the right side and it only connects to ONE gear (the existing one on the right lower part). The two green gears go to the right of the existing gear on the left, the red gear to the right of that and the left of the existing gear in the middle. The yellow goes to the top right of the existing gear in the middle. I made a diagram of these, but when I figured out the last two it all went so fast I can't remember where they went. However, once you place most of them, crank the lever that makes the bug on the left move and it will show you blue lights. When I had three lights, I clicked "hint" (because I was so frustrated) and it threww the two gears I had in the wrong place back into the inventory. After that it was pretty much just trial and error.
I know this sounds confusing, but maybe it'll help some of you.

The butterfly is on the 3rd map on the lower left side.

In order to see the whale you have to solve the gear puzzle on the 3rd map. That one is tricky - you have to put them down in the right oder, if you don't they won't fit, even if they DO fit. Bwhhaaahhhh......

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Jun 25, 08 6:20 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

[Post New]by akashaheartt on Jun 25, 08 8:45 PM
UH NRVER MIND JUST READ THE POST RIGHT ABOVE ME RIGHT AFTER I POSTED

I CANT FIND THE FREAKIN BUTTERFLY DANG IT

Edited on 06/25/2008 at 8:46:52 PM PST