ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Mar 20, 13 6:11 AM
I'm having a problem with Level 26 where it won't let me have any of the workers go to the island at the top left, so I can't get rid of the ravens, fix the pier or plant flowers.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 20, 13 7:27 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered such as updating your drivers to improve the cursor responsibility, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by luvlbi on Mar 20, 13 10:26 AM
This game is beyond annoying. My cursor is also floating like everyone else is saying, and since there are times you are quickly trying to catch the robbers, it's almost impossible. It freezes all the time and on level 50, one of the workers doesn't leave a seed shack so you can't fix the fountain as you need four workers. I am really fed up with this game which is unfortunate because I really liked it.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Mar 20, 13 12:46 PM
On level 27, I built my dock, cleared the water plants to the island, and built a seed shack on the far island. But then the worker left the boat there and ran across the pond to the next task! Which meant that I wasn't able to do ANYTHING in the water or on the islands, because it didn't recognize that I had any boats to use. I had to upgrade the dock before I could do anything else, and even with the dock fully upgraded, it never let me use that 3rd boat (which was still stuck out at the island.)

I've also had to restart the game occasionally because of strange bugs. Once, the resource bar was completely missing, but it came back when I restarted.

Lots of bugs in this one!

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Mar 20, 13 1:09 PM
And.... another boat problem on level 28. I'm not sure how, but somehow one of my workers got stuck on an island with no boat (even though she had taken a boat to get to the island!), so I was stuck with only 2 workers for the rest of the level.

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Mar 20, 13 1:33 PM
pisceschick wrote:
LindyMac wrote:I have a problem in level 43 when I try to clear the debris in the bottom left, 2 of my workers get stuck there not doing anything, the debris wont clear and I can't complete the level. This game really seems to be one problem after another

I was having that problem on level 28 last night. I restarted the level but it didn't help, so I quit for now and haven't tried again. One of my workers would go but he wouldn't build the shack I clicked on or clear debris, just collect supplies. The other was completely stuck!

After starting over I'm now having a similar problem on level 22, 2 of the workers wont leave the truck to fix the pond. Can someone from BFG clarify if there is likely to be a significant fix for this and the myriad of complaints I'm reading here and elsewhere on the net or if we're better just getting our credit/money returned.

I don't see the point in the 'tomorrows game today' feature of my membership if I'm going to have to wait until several other players have completed the game and posted any technical difficulties. Are there not quality control measures when selecting games to offer?

MildewWolf
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by MildewWolf on Mar 20, 13 1:50 PM
This game started to lag on me quite early on but level 29 was virtually unplayable due to major slow-down and a floating cursor. I have 2 other games that lag like this - Legends of Atlantis: Exodus and Campgrounds (I have a 3 Ghz processor and 2 Gig of RAM so should be able to run them OK) but I appreciate that not all PCs can run all games 100% perfectly.

However, having followed this game's "issues" on another game site it would appear that the problems that so many of us are having with severe lag and floating cursors is down to the game's programming. Someone suggested memory allocation as a possible culprit - I'm inclined to agree. It's admirable of the BFG support staff to keep suggesting solutions for us, but if they could just tell the higher-ups that we want a new game build or a refund that would be more helpful for all concerned.

Having said all that, I'm enjoying the game immensely, lag and all. I only used a PCC on it (and thanks to Bonus punch Monday earned myself another PCC in the process) and I just play for the enjoyment of completing the rounds and not necessarily to get gold times (although I really want to complete renovating the house!). Also, I was aware of possible problems with the game and still purchased it anyway, so there you go - I can't really complain. However there are many here who weren't aware of these problems and bought the game in good faith and they deserve another re-build or a refund.

[Post New]by jereswife on Mar 20, 13 2:23 PM
jey12345 wrote:On level 27, I built my dock, cleared the water plants to the island, and built a seed shack on the far island. But then the worker left the boat there and ran across the pond to the next task! Which meant that I wasn't able to do ANYTHING in the water or on the islands, because it didn't recognize that I had any boats to use. I had to upgrade the dock before I could do anything else, and even with the dock fully upgraded, it never let me use that 3rd boat (which was still stuck out at the island.)

Yup. I just had this happen to me as well. I've had a few instances where I've had to restart a level because it got stuck and the workers didn't recognize that I had assigned them a task. Frustrating!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 20, 13 2:29 PM
Hi LindyMac,

I'm sorry to hear that you and other Fishies are running into problems with certain levels. We do extensive testing on every game that we release, but in some cases, due to specific computer configurations, issues can arise. The best way to receive help with that is to contact our Tech Support Team. The more information we have to track problems like that, the faster we can find solutions.

MildewWolf, that's also something our Tech Support Team would like to hear about so they can investigate the problem further.

Hopefully we can find some fixes for those problems quickly!

bfgSeine

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Mar 20, 13 3:43 PM
I too am having problems now that I've reached 16 or so with my cursor not moving correctly....Why does this have to happen in the middle of the game AFTER you buy it....REALLY? I've been through this before....such a pain in the you know what! Everything's updated, data card is fine, video card updated...blah blah blah.....are they going to fix this or do I have to get a refund again? so frustrated ...

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 20, 13 4:04 PM
Hi tamk42,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. I know it's frustrating when a game isn't working perfectly. As recommended above, I would get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that for you. They may be able to recommend some fixes, and that also helps us track these types of problems so we can find solutions if it's affecting a bigger number of Fishies.

I hope we can get you back to enjoying the game shortly!

bfgSeine

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Level 25

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Mar 20, 13 4:33 PM
Wish I could get to all those other levels. I have played three names through same problem level 25 there are no darn crows to chase away so jeez guess what I cant get past the level. I see crows flying threw the air but on the ground nothing. Are we suppose to scare them out of the air now. The other issues I have learned to ignore all games seem to get stuck at some point and you have to restart things unfortunately that is happening more often then not lately. I LOVE Big Fish but this sucks. Anyone know where I can find my crows please let me know. Thanks.

ruafox2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ruafox2 on Mar 20, 13 6:00 PM
Peace, if you leave a seed bag on the ground the crows will land on it and you can scare them at that time.

I like this game very much but also am experiencing the cursor issues. The cursor slows down and so do the workers at times. Everything seems to hesitate, except the timer, of course. I've given up hope of winning all gold although I have gotten a few. I am patiently playing and awaiting a fix which I'm sure will come along eventually.

kitbit
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kitbit on Mar 20, 13 6:20 PM
I too am having the same issues everyone else is reporting - floating cursor, lag, freezing, missing game items - I've done a reinstall but it isn't making a difference.

I'm confident this is not a pc issue on my end - I recently had my gaming rig upgraded and am running 16 Gb of DDR3, the top speed Ivybridge i5 and an Asus GTX 680 DCII-CU. I get a 7.7 Win Experience rating and this system ought to eat these type of games up without blinking. The only issue I have is that very few BFG games cope well with a dual screen system. I didn't buy Sweet Kingdom for precisely that reason. It wanted me to offline one screen to work!

I too await a fix for what seemed to be a fun game. World Loom made Aerie which is one of my favourites, so am sad...

haolegirll
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by haolegirll on Mar 20, 13 6:26 PM
I, too, am having the stuttering, lagging problems everyone else mentions below. It's very frustrating and I hope there is a fix soon. It is a bummer otherwise and not worth the money.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Mar 20, 13 7:44 PM
I'm on Lvl 27, and the raven guy is stuck in the corner running on the spot and won't do his job! I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall game as it's taken too long to get to this level as it is.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 20, 13 7:54 PM
Uninstalling your game from the control panel and then reinstalling it should not cause you to lose your progress. You should still be at the place you left off or at least the beginning of that level. It just realigns the files or something technical like that.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Mar 20, 13 9:50 PM
I've reached level 25. No issues with lagging or floating cursors, but one of the tasks on level 25 is to get rid of the ravens. There are no ravens on my level 25. Can't complete the level and move on without ravens.
Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Still no ravens on level 25.
Can we get an upgraded and fixed version of this game that seems way too buggy?

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 20, 13 9:55 PM
MzShel, if that is the one to clear 3 ravens I don't think they show up until you build the seed shack. When seed is produced a raven will land on it and then you clear it away. You have to do that 3 times.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 20, 13 11:59 PM
ivillagegrinch wrote:I'm having a problem with Level 26 where it won't let me have any of the workers go to the island at the top left, so I can't get rid of the ravens, fix the pier or plant flowers.

Same issue here. I experienced a few issues on previous levels with workers not leaving the truck to do the work, etc., but after restarting the level, it worked. However, on level 26, I have restarted three times and even left the game and game manager and started again. I experienced the same problem. I can't progress in the game as I can not complete this level.

Go to: