MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by MoreOver on Apr 13, 13 3:43 PM
The BF Help section says to adjust to "1024 x 768 (or higher)". Mine is higher and I still get an 'out of range error'.

I own two of the previous "Secrets of the Dark" games. (I just ran them again to check and I don't get the error.) What was changed that makes this one not work?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 14, 13 2:58 AM
Heya MoreOver,

It definietly is confusing when a game just doesn't want to work, especially if previous games worked without a problem.

The error you receive sounds as if maybe the driver for your graphic card could so with a small update before it can display the game properly. You can easily get this done with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Apr 14, 13 11:41 AM
I appreciate your response, Biwa, but that doesn't address the question. My graphic driver is up-to-date so that is not the problem. Again, the first two games in this series work with my Win7 desktop. I do not have any compatibility boxes checked on either of them, I do not have run as administrator issues (which shouldn't affect this problem).

I own over 500 BF games. Every once in a while this error pops up. It's not my computer, it's the developer's coding. If I were to guess, they have the ratio aspect turned on as the default instead of letting the user decide in the options panel. Just a stab in the dark.

[Post New]by ashcat7 on Apr 19, 13 5:41 PM
I got to the point in the game where I had to remove a green disc puzzle piece from a hole in the wall. I used the tongs to remove the piece but it never made it in to my Inventory. The tongs are no longer there either and each time I go back to that spot in the wall, I'm no longer able to click on it. It's like the piece just disappeared in to thin air. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but it didn't fix anything. I'm now stuck in my game and unable to move forward because of this.

[Post New]by alromi on Apr 29, 13 10:31 PM
I had the same problems as mentioned,however I updated My Adobe flash player
and that eliminated the game stoppage problems. I also updated all drivers.
I am using Windows XP and the game runs best on a resolution of 1200+.
I hope this works for the people having problems.
good gaming

[Post New]by Wassons5 on May 22, 13 5:58 AM
I see a lot of problems people are having with this game, but no solutions really being given. I am going to reinstall and see if it works if not then I am contacting BF about a refund. It is so irritating to get half way through a game and then bugs show up and can't finish the game. We are always referred to Dr. Felix, but that has never helped me. Especially when I play dozens of BF games with no problems, then one comes out that has bugs/glitches in it.

[Post New]by collielover102 on Sep 10, 13 6:00 PM
ashcat7 wrote:I got to the point in the game where I had to remove a green disc puzzle piece from a hole in the wall. I used the tongs to remove the piece but it never made it in to my Inventory. The tongs are no longer there either and each time I go back to that spot in the wall, I'm no longer able to click on it. It's like the piece just disappeared in to thin air. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but it didn't fix anything. I'm now stuck in my game and unable to move forward because of this.

I'm having the same problem. When I pass my mouse over the hole in the wall it turns into a magnifying glass, but when I click the mouse pointer turns into the regular arrow and then I can't click anything else.

Go to: