Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 11, 13 9:30 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I could have liked this game, after all I did buy it on sale, but I really think it is one of the most annoying games I have ever played. It is one of those that you have to backtrack all over the place to get one item that you need elsewhere, and when you get 'elsewhere' you have to go someplace else to get something else that you need and so on and so on, and after awhile, to me anyway, it just becomes so annoying, and unfulfilling, that I just quit. It could have been a great game, all the pieces are there, but dang it, I feel like they are just keeping me busy, running back and forth, hither and yon, and here and there...whereas, they could have have really interesting game play that actually moves the story ahead. And I find that elevator, and the row boat tedious, as I know that I am only on them again to get one item, and then back to where I was, and then back and forth again. And this one is full of mundane items, like hammers, and saws, and one of these, and a part of that, and run back here and go there, and I am not doing it anymore. This is one of the few that I will keep on hand, and play for a couple of minutes, and may never finish, and wind up just removing it because the annoyance factor far outweighs the good. IMHO!

Agree with you. Was very grateful when the game was finally finished!!!!

Found the elevator and the boat ride soooo annoying, and since it took me several goes to finish I would have liked a map. Got rather confusing where to go and how to get there.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on May 12, 13 11:43 AM
Game good, have played the others in the series, but the biggest pain as others have mentioned is the lack of map
Alot of to-ing and fro-ing, surely even with the light changing effects the devs could come up with a map that would work with both. I'm sure I've played a game that had a similar type of change like a time travel theme and they managed to do it then?
Still....good game on the whole

Go to: