bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 24, 13 4:04 AM
Hi VintageJane,

I am really sorry you had such a poor experience with this - it is always disappointing to have issue like this when you are excited to play!

Thank you for contacting Tech Support about this though, we really appreciate you taking the time to work with us and hopefully, this is resolved for you soon.

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by coupongame on Apr 26, 13 8:38 PM
I am so disappointed that, even with very friendly help of the BFG Tech Support person, I could not get this game to work on my computer. It went from running painfully slow to not wanting to launch at all after video card driver update.

After playing Book One, which btw ran very smoothly on the same PC, I was so looking forward to Book Two.
I am really bummed, because there are so few games like this one among the vast amount of Hidden Object Games, which don't appeal much to me. So, not getting to play this one really sucks!

Apparently there are a number of people who encountered the same issue(s) with the game, but it is rare that people who posted here earlier come back and report if and how they were able to find a solution. So if anyone has any ideas still...

Really hoping for an updated version which would fix the issues.

[Post New]by Ridgydidge on Apr 26, 13 11:39 PM
I am in level nine and I am suppose to collect the blue flowerr, However the cursor stop short about 1 inch of the left hand side of screen, and the blue flower is in this area.

Tsunami60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Tsunami60 on Apr 27, 13 1:57 AM
I'm another one who, after the fantastic support for the BFG techies, couldn't not get this game to play at anything other then a snails pace.

We came to the conclusion that it must be the graphics card, as my PC meets the requirements.
So disappointed, as I really liked the first game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 3:19 AM
I know it is disappointing when despite best efforts, a game just won't work for you but thanks for working with us Tsunami60 and coupongame and hoping you find a great game to play soon!

Ridgydidge - Welcome to the Pond!

It might be worth switching from full screen to 'windowed mode' to see if viewing the game that way will help you to click on that item?

If the problem persists, we would be happy to take a look at this with you and provide some further advice though.

You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

TooOld2Play
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by TooOld2Play on Apr 27, 13 7:23 AM
I'm not sure this will work for everyone but I was getting EXTREMELY frustrated with game choppy (glitchy) and freezing events. It got so bad that I had to manually shut down the computer (bad for hard drive). I did a Dr. Felix report and sent it in. Haven't gotten a reply yet, but they will....UPDATE: They did! They said I needed an updated video card. My video card only has 64 MB of RAM. They recommended a minimum of 256 MB of RAM for the majority of their games. Fortunately I have a work around until I can get to my IT guy....I raised my virtual memory (under control panel - system) because it was lower than it should be. For now it's ok if I don't run squat in background applications. For now but not for long....thanks to Stephen from Cork, Ireland and Big Fish Tech.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 3:37 AM
I am so pleased to see that tech managed to get this sorted out for you and I will be sure that Stephen sees this message too - it will make his day!

Thanks again for working with us TooOld2Play and hoping you enjoy the rest of your game!

bfgBaikal

whupszie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by whupszie on May 2, 13 8:31 PM
This really blows!!! I've updated drivers and done everything on my end to get this game to work! I've even done the Dr. Felix thing but can't get customer support to come up or get to try to reload the game! I'm doing everything that you've said to do and this game does NOT WORK! I want a refund or a fix!!! And apparently, I am not the only one!

TooOld2Play
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by TooOld2Play on May 3, 13 6:24 PM
Follow Up: I was told (after Dr. Felix report) that my graphics card was 64MB and needed to be upgraded to 256MB, I had already tweaked the virtual memory. It is a HUGE file. That may be why so many people are having trouble. I posted earlier that the problem was corrected but I was wrong. I believe that the there is something truly wrong with the game. I would be interested as to whether the developer has responded to anyone -- including those at BFG. The tech's at BFG did their utmost best but sometimes there's a klinker. For those who are running it fine, I'd be interested to know what video card they're running and/or how much RAM they've got.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on May 5, 13 12:55 PM
Not sure if this is technical. Right now, I'm on Salt and Skulls. I can't talk to the hermit. He requires level 1 oratory. I'm at oratory level 2. The help keeps saying to add a watchtower. Don't see where and all of the buildings are in red. I have 5 sawmills and no wood. Things like this have been happening throughout the game and I'm getting tired of starting levels over and over again. I could uninstall and reinstall but will it help? Is this technical to my system or the game itself? I'm running Win 7 on an Acer Aspire with Intel core i5, HD graphics, 4 gb ddr3 memory, and plugged in so power is not an issue. TIA

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 10, 13 3:04 PM
Several times I have gotten the error message '_tp_tcall: FUNTION IS REALLY BAD and the game crashes and I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. I wish the developers would quit being so excited about releasing these games before they are ready.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 10, 13 10:43 PM
In Lurking Fear, the man won't quit hammering the bridge, so now I will have to start all over again

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 10, 13 10:44 PM
lacard wrote:Not sure if this is technical. Right now, I'm on Salt and Skulls. I can't talk to the hermit. He requires level 1 oratory. I'm at oratory level 2. The help keeps saying to add a watchtower. Don't see where and all of the buildings are in red. I have 5 sawmills and no wood. Things like this have been happening throughout the game and I'm getting tired of starting levels over and over again. I could uninstall and reinstall but will it help? Is this technical to my system or the game itself? I'm running Win 7 on an Acer Aspire with Intel core i5, HD graphics, 4 gb ddr3 memory, and plugged in so power is not an issue. TIA

Near the end, there is a stone under one of the cactus

[Post New]by TheWiz on May 13, 13 4:41 PM
I am on the "Rising Thirst" level and my current task is to talk to the Chieftain Nopaltzan. The explanation point is above his head and is yellow - which I have taken to mean you can now talk to him. However, every time I click on him it say he doesn't have anything to talk about. Can't figure out if this is a bug or simply I am missing something. Of note - just as the expl point appeared a dinosaur attacked just as I clicked on the Chieftain - I fought the dinosaur first.

I have never had any problems with the program in terms of performance. Everything has worked as smoothly as book1 - until this

martian55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by martian55 on May 15, 13 12:51 AM
I have played Adelantado one and half way thru two and came across a problem.

No matter what I do I cannot build the two suspension bridges in Runaway Bride chapter.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have replayed from start, All other functions going OK but I click on Buidl suspension Bridge and simply no reaction and this is on BOTH bridges, the one near the FORESTERS FIELD to go to warehouse across chasm near the starting point area

and the one behind the Altar of efficency. WHY???

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 15, 13 12:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see you have had these issues!

So that we can look into these problems with you, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums and at the very least, they can ensure you are not left with a game that won't work.

Thanks for working with us,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/15/2013 at 12:59:21 AM PST

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on May 26, 13 7:24 PM
Adelantado 1 played fine for my computer, this one is super slow and jerky like a lot of others are saying. Too bad, was ready to buy, but I won't buy a game that plays so slow. I started doing other things while waiting for an action to finish....bad sign

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 29, 13 12:13 PM
Hey there lilpollyesther,

Thanks for letting us know about those issues! Each game is designed a little differently, so sometimes one game will work perfectly while another has some issues.

I would recommend first closing out of all other programs on your system, as this will help give the game the needed resources to play. Also, checking for any video card driver updates may help with that slow/jerkiness! You can find instructions for that by clicking on the blue link below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Please also be sure to get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so that one of our Reps can work with you directly to get your game running more smoothly!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Jun 2, 13 6:02 PM
thanks for the reply bfglzara. I re-started my computer, only had this game running when I left this review of the problem, so I don't think it's any of those issues.

[Post New]by showgirls19 on Jun 13, 13 11:08 PM
Hi guys, just been reading some of the posts on this game. I am so glad that its not just me having problems with it running sooo slow and jerky, one second the man runs ok then so slow you see every movement. I too have been looking forward to book two and three(hopefully) as I enjoyed it so much in the first book, never played upto then this genre of game before. I too have done all the normal things: drivers,settings,reinstalling and getting nowhere I have even tried to run it on my dads new lap top and it still is doing the same thing! Please Please can someone do something to help us all

Go to: