Re:Reviews for Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House

[Post New]by blueknight1111 on Apr 17, 14 7:20 AM
Trixietrx wrote:
gamingaddiction wrote:I am really disappointed in this game. I feel that they released it before it was ready with so many issues and flaws. A lot of recycled imagery from the first (pink bottles on the fridge...come on, couldn't update that a little, make it a different color), the cursor problems, limited furniture placement, slow moving people, no living space at the get go, expensive beds, game overlaps (bubbles in one family showing in another), and so on. There are a shocking number of flaws with this game. I waited on this game a long time and am sad that this is the result. I would have preferred to wait even longer for a better product.

I would have much preferred to have a complete house from the start (with one or two bedroom, bath, kitch, study, living) and had choices for upgrades and additions later as the game progressed. Give the player a little more opportunity for creativity.

Just so disappointed.....

I keep trying, really I do, but I think you summed up my feelings about this game pretty well. I'd have paid more for this game, if it were done well, I now am sad I spent the money on this game as opposed to some other. Honestly, I'd wait for a re-release before spending money on this, and a 1 hour trial will not show all the probs.

I did enjoy VF2: better looking people, better graphics, etc. but there were many flaws in the game. It's true that there were many more features that I enjoyed; I liked the extended furniture list that I could get, and that I could arrange things in the house, but many parts of the game seemed underdeveloped.

You know, I do enjoy the fact that I could decorate my house: until I looked at the shop. Umm... $800 for a bed??? Some basic things that we already had in VF1 were extremely expensive in VF2. What really annoyed me was that many furniture items that I really wanted were "locked" until future generations, including many expansions to other rooms. Even many clothes items were locked until future generations. I wanted to get a laundry and dryer but I had to wait until my third generation to actually be able to wash the socks that appeared on the ground. The people move very slowly and kept doing useless things such as "wishing for a second bathroom" or "Wishing for a living room" even when I had already done that. Furniture that are placed in other profiles bled over into different ones.
Although I still like VF2, many flaws make it less likable.

angelsmile32
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by angelsmile32 on Jul 10, 14 8:19 PM
ok so the mouse jumping is annoying,but oh well I like the games enough to put up with it.just be easy with it and it wont jump I do wish my store would refresh more though.i play in the morning and at night,and if I buy it out in the morning,i don't get new stuff until the next morning it wont refresh for me.one glitch I found so far is the bubble blower.i put a kid on it,and when I went to my other files there were bubbles coming from my yard in the same spot,but I didn't have the toy there something I would like to see in the future is more twins and triplets, I have 4 files and each one is generation 4or5 and I only had 1 set of triplets and no twins,and maybe be able to change the walls and floors to different colors.and some other type of food source like,pickable fruit trees or a veggie garden,or even a pizza delivery or a take out dinner.anyhow just some thoughts all in all its a good game,i don't regret my purchas at all

Corky1057
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

[Post New]by Corky1057 on Oct 2, 14 7:30 AM
I've been playing this game for several months now after playing VV1. I thought there were many improvements and tasks to complete. One of the most annoying things for me, while decorating, was the point that halfadime? mentioned: Don't like that you can only arrange certain items in certain positions that don't conform with your room decor.
It's too late for me since my house is decorated now, but it should be addressed. After spending big $$$ to buy a piece of furniture for a certain room you find that it won't work there because it only turn 2 ways!! So after MUCH rearranging and moving things around, I ended up trashing it! Yes, I could have saved it in my "decorate" tray, but what's the point? So bye-bye $$$. Furniture AND money got kicked to the curb.

The game has now become redundant to me. I also only check in a couple of times a day to feed them, and try to make babies. At a certain point I'm ready for a parent to DIE so I'll at least have something to do with the next gen. But again...redundant!!

What this game needs is some new challenging tasks.

[Post New]by angelonwheels85 on Jan 25, 15 7:46 PM
I have a lot of ideas to make this game so much more fun and realistic for kids/adults a like!!! First off the PC game dragging and jumping pointer is so darn annoying, please for love of god fix it... I love the 1st game's cash not coins system for the money but love the bank button vf2. I love the broken down house and fixing it up on VF2 instead of just an upgrading on VF. I think the parents need do more with each other I.E. hold hands, kiss for no reason and hug. They need to do more with kids I.E. helping them take baths, change clothes for school or bed, helping with getting ready for school bus by cooking breakfast, making lunches, packing backpacks, helping with homework when they home helping with homework, fixing dinners, playing with them and putting to bed. make a baby room with cribs, rockers, baby dressers, side-tables, lamps and many choices themes for this room. It would be awesome to see mom put down the baby like in real life and as the baby gets older have them move to moms hip and not be in a blanket but in clothes. Maybe have mom's belly grow for a little while before baby(babies) appear in mom arms. Babies or small children should be able to be picked up by mom or dad to be cared for or loved on I.E. kissed or hugged, fed, changed, dressed, put to sleep for a nap or bedtime and bath time. I would love to see another part to this game where when all kids move out the home that another home appears for one of the kids you choose to move in next door to their parents to have their own family and house to take care of as grandparents can be taken care of in the house they started in, live longer lives and interact with their kid and grandbabies as well. once all kids move out the older parents should move back into the 1st house and add on to the 2nd house making rooms bigger or adding another 2nd story or 3rd to add more space more generations to move in as the games goes on, Also things cost too much please change that... Can't wait to see what VF3 has in store for us!!! I would love to be a game tester for VF3.

Edited on 01/25/2015 at 8:07:09 PM PST

[Post New]by Cupcake78780 on Jul 20, 15 3:05 PM
I LOVE this game!!! This is the most fun game ever! I love that you have different furniture options and the people look different!

[Post New]by Tomenthepanda8 on Oct 8, 15 4:47 AM
I have the game on my tablet ( I used to have it on my PC but now I want to restart the game and I can't, help ), and I'm currently on my 23rd gen. I would rate it 4 or 4.5 stars , b/c it is still really hard to earn a lot of money. You could always make the parents workaholics, though...
Overall, I have to say that this game is REALLY awesome and fun to play. It's really sad how the little people never get to see their grandparents, and once you pick one child for the next generation, you might feel a bit guilty, b/c if you have more than one kid in the family, you will never get to see them again.
But enough with the negative talk, let's get to the positive side.
-The people HAVE gotten cuter, start out with more money(i think), and you get three choices of clothing for each gender now, each one more pricey than the last. The cheapest outfits cost 75 coins, which isn't a whole lot if your on the 2nd gen or above (and the cheapest outfits are still fabulous and cute by my standards, cause I prefer a simple top and pants/skirt rather than a dress).
-I'm sorry if I offend any of you, but I kinda disagree on starting the game with a complete house(although I do agree on the thousands of money you have to spend to renovate them is very tiring), b/c after you renovate it, you can let your imagination flow, and decorate it however you like. You also get a bunch of other stuff, like a giant teddy bear, a cocktail credenza, house plants, etc.
-We now have maids and gardeners, which means no more pesky weeds and wrappers, if you have the money!
-You can now adopt (but the amount of money is 4000 for each adopted child! ), so if you have trouble having kids, just adopt for a few thousands. (It is a bit pricey though)
-If you used to play VFam1, you will find that it takes FOREVER for the person to carry the weed all the way back to the trash can. But, if you don't have a gardener, your people will demolish the weed right on the spot, in a matter of seconds!
-The graphics ARE more clear, and you can see the people's faces more clearly. So cute! (or not )
-And again, there is the story of Bill and Margaret, the people who originally owned the "dream house". Guess I can't spoil it for you guys!
-Ants will invade the kitchen if you have too much trash.
I guess that's it for now.
Goodnight,
Tomen

[Post New]by Tomenthepanda8 on Oct 8, 15 5:41 AM
Oh, and I live in China, which means if it says that I posted at 4:50 am, then that's 7:50 pm or something in China time, which means I do NOT stay up that late every day.
OK, that's it,
Tomen

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Oct 27, 15 10:16 PM
It's been a while since I posted on this game, but I haven't seen any improvements. I believe that the company that produced it was more interested in those who used their Smart Phones to play than those of us using PCs. I purchased this game twice. Once on LDW and once on BFG. Neither have given me any feed back on possible updates or corrections. I doubt it will happen since it's been a couple of years now. It's a real shame that no one will fix this game as it is a REAL WINNER and could be a top notch seller for both LDW and BFG, etc. Some simple fixes would accomplish the problems, but no one seems to care what those of us who paid for it need the most. A Game That Works!! I could only wish that someone would go back and correct the problems, as it would be a wonderful thing. Don't hold your hand on your hiney waiting for it.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Jan 20, 16 7:55 PM
It's now January of 2016 and there have been no improvements to this game for PC users. I see that they are developing a VF3 and a new game named Virtual Town. At this point it is unknown if there will be any improvements available to those of us who only use PCs to play these games. Please visit the LDW web site to lodge your concern, complaint, suggestions, etc. http://www.ldw.com/ I know I'd like to see these games available AND playable on my PC. I paid three (3) times for VF2 and didn't get anything worth playing for any appreciable period of time. Such good games, but very poor customer support.They want our money but ignore our needs.Step up and make your voice heard!

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Jan 20, 16 8:22 PM
I sent this message to LDW tonight:
Over the last two+ years I've written to you, redundantly, regarding the poor performance of VF2, without any response from you. That's probably because I use a PC to access the games. Regardless of your thoughts about PC users, we still pay for the ability to play your games. In my case, I purchased this game (VF2) 3 times and still have no improvement or game play satisfaction. I'm sure the financial support of PC users were a boost to your company in order to remain solvent.

I find your reluctance to answer my previous questions as an admission of guilt on your part. I'm not alone in my discontent with your business practices. Many patrons of Big Fish Games feel the same. Your refusal to respond on even the most base of level reveals a lot about your company.

I now see that you're getting ready to distribute two new games, VF3 and VFTown. Will you again take advantage of the PC community to collect fees for these games without providing appropriate game play for us?

As much as I enjoy your Virtual games, I cannot continue to purchase them without some assurance that they will be adapted to PC use. If you continue to limit your audience to only those with mobile devices then I think you've cut yourself off from a phenomenal source of revenue.

[Post New]by SillySalmon on Feb 25, 16 7:56 AM
...I might be a little late, but-@halfadime7, I understand it's frustrating, though you have to remember-they're a company. PC isn't nearly as popular as mobile. They have to please the largest number of people, and they made a statement over on their forums about not abandoning PC completely. You DID pay, but I don't think you got a message saying, "we're gonna update this!" Your last sentence would fit a bit better around 2008, really. I'm sorry you went through that, but the gaming world cannot cater to our every whim.

Go to: