nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by nomatt on Apr 25, 13 7:14 AM
8 hours and just got to 100%, saving file now stuck, will not move on. I'm going to delete and abandon yet another game. I do find the suggestion that we fill in the support Dr felix thing because, tech support do not see these forums' a bit odd. BF support techs do not visit the tech issues thread? Maybe they should.
UK, windows xp pro sp3.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 25, 13 7:32 AM
Got to 57% quickly then ....it...slowed....down.
I'll try it again in a week or so once the initial rush to try/buy it has passed!

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on Apr 25, 13 7:35 AM
Clicked "try now" button at 10:23 am EDT; game was ready to play at 10:28. Installation and activation took up most of the time, download itself was quite fast. I have an 8-year old laptop and fiber optic internet connection (basic level).

While I have been encountering more frequent problems playing the "more advanced" new games, I have not had any of the problems with downloading being described lately by so many.

If my old computer can do this when others are having to spend hours it seems it's not their computers. Hopefully BFG can find an answer for those fishies who are still sticking with you - I know I would never wait hours for a game to download.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Apr 25, 13 8:00 AM
Like many other fishies, I started D/L at 8.30am (UK) - it's now 4pm & we're at 65%....it's a good job I'm patient!

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Apr 25, 13 8:08 AM
antiquity wrote:I've tried everything mentioned and then some. Here is the message I'm getting:

Error: Access violation @ 0x00000000 (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

It seems to download fine, I can't open it!

I have this problem with all the new games, but the way to open it is go to start menu and click on computer, then program files. Scroll down till you see the game name and double click on it, look for the game name again (it will have application next to it) and double click it. Your game should open then. I open all my games this way now.

Hope this helps.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 25, 13 8:15 AM
tj1147 wrote:It is kind of sad when it takes longer to download a game than to play it.

Love it!! And yes, I'm still waiting. Have stopped, restarted, deleted, reinstalled - nothing works - am at 68%

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 13 8:19 AM
elde wrote:In the bin!!
YES!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 25, 13 8:21 AM
Eight hours later ..... at 69% - also binned and started again to no avail. So frustrating and boring...............

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD SLOW

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Apr 25, 13 8:25 AM
8 hours now BFG sort it out only 69% !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it a windows 8 problem?

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

DOWNLOAD SLOW

[Post New]by nomatt on Apr 25, 13 8:36 AM
frazerpaul wrote:8 hours now BFG sort it out only 69% !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it a windows 8 problem?

No, it's a BF problem. I have exactly the same with XP Pro.

[Post New]by Pointclick on Apr 25, 13 8:40 AM
Like many others, I started D/L at 8.30am (UK) - it's now 4:38pm & at 72%

Good job the weather has been good to do some gardening.

[Post New]by seabiscuit84 on Apr 25, 13 8:54 AM
I too started at 8:30 in the UK and have now reached a wonderful 74%. I have tried removing and downloading again. I have restarted my computer still with no luck. Most days my downloads go quickly, but once every week or two I get one like this.
I know it's not my computer because I can download games from other sites without any problem.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 25, 13 8:57 AM
I got home from work, and yes, it had timed out. I have restarted it and am now at 75% in a total of 1 hr 40 mins albeit split up into two tries. I am interested to know where the problem lies geographically - some have probs with W8, some with W7 and some with neither. Perhaps it would help bfg (and be of interest to the rest of us) if we could state, well I would put ...

W7 England 11% in 80 mins.

I have a strange feeling that this problem affects northern Europe.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 25, 13 9:00 AM
Did not have a problem downloading this demo. I will send tech support a note on the little problem I did have. A while back, I had a problem downloading (the only time I ever have), and BF sent me step by step instructions on how to fix the problem. Haven't had a slow download since. They have been very good about helping me with game problems...give them a try.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 25, 13 10:06 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks so much for letting us know about those slow downloads! I know that can be very frustrating, and often trying some of the steps from this help article here can get that resolved!

Please also be sure to contact our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They're great and will do everything they can to help get your game up and running!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 25, 13 10:12 AM
Wow , here in the UK we get our games at 8am and I am still D/L edgar allan poe ( over 10 hours ) that has to be a record . Getting ready for tomorrows game now .

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Apr 25, 13 10:29 AM
In all my years with BF and the 500-600 games I've bought it has NEVER taken this long and I'm just downloading the trial*********** . Normally it takes about 5-15 minutes. I've been at it for over 4 hours and still not finished. It's not one of my favourite games or devs. I'm not a lover of dark and gloomy games or even HOGs and there's been too many, so I may think twice, after the trial, about buying the full version and risk the long download wait. I love adventure and fantasy games and would love to see more at BF.

Elirana

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 25, 13 11:05 AM
99% nearly there 11 hours

[Post New]by Gamegirly25 on Apr 25, 13 11:23 AM
My problem has been with the last 3 ERS games in that there is never a constant lit screen. It's always flashing dark then light, as if the game is in a perpetual "lightening" mode, if that makes sense. I love all the ERS games and have been disappointed that I've missed the past 2. This one already has great reviews and I don't want to miss another. Is this a graphics issue or do I need to contact ERS? I'm using a PC, Windows 7.

Thank you!

PS. No problems here with download time.

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Apr 25, 13 11:31 AM
Just finished installing at 19:20 UK time so that makes it about an 11 hour download - so Tomorrow's Game Today almost turned into Today's Game Today

Go to: