addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Apr 27, 13 9:26 AM
Well it seems to me that every game now takes a day to download - especially when downloads "times out". Tomorrows game today looks like it will be Tomorrows game in 2 days time!!
Re the time element - that's got to be hogwash, I have always downloaded as soon as I'm able to access the game, usually 8.01 in the UK and until the last month (apart from an odd game) I've never had any trouble and downloaded in 10 minutes (or there about). I have checked my internet speed and it's quick, the problem has only started since BFG changed it's format - perhaps they should try going back to the old one!!
Btw I have sent a Dr Felix and am waiting a reply - their email says reply in 24 - 72 hours (I'll expect 72 as they do it in order and I think, based on the forums, there are a lot of them to get through)
I am now seriously thinking of moving to another game site as BFG can't seem to get their act together.

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Apr 27, 13 10:18 AM
Well here I am still waiting for download to finish. 76% since starting this at 8.50 am this morning. I have to admit I did pause to take my dog for a walk for 2 hours. Honestly though this is getting beyond a joke. It only seems to happen on popular games. To be honest you really do need to sort out your servers now, or else your pond will dry up and you will lose lots of fed up fish.

Deb

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 27, 13 10:37 AM
Hey Fishies,

I'm very sorry to hear about all of those download issues. If you haven't already done so please take a look at this help article here for some tips and tricks on getting the download to speed up a bit.

Please also make sure to reach out to the Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly on getting the game to download properly!

If you're game is freezing or crashing you're welcome to try some steps from this help article, however one of our Reps will be able to take a closer look and suggest some specific troubleshooting steps to help!

Thanks and I'll keep my fins crossed that these issues get resolved quickly for you!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on Apr 27, 13 11:12 AM
I'm having a cursor issue also but mine is just jerky. Really jerky and slow. I thought it was a problem with my mouse but everywhere else is fine. Only in this game. It's too annoying to keep playing the game and I'm so disappointed as I'm really excited to play it. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I own dozens of games (maybe hundreds) and I've never had this problem before.

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Apr 27, 13 11:50 AM
Another UK fish here with slow downloading (for the second weekend in a row). During the week, I download games after 7 p.m. UK time, and generally don't have any issues with the time taken. It only seems to be at the weekend, when I can access the site at 8 a.m. for the newest game that the problems start.

Today is the worst yet! In the past, I've simply paused the download, switched my computer off and tried again later in the day, when the download completed in a couple of minutes. I tried this today, having managed 15% in about 30 minutes this morning, and I thought all was fine, but I now seem to be inching slowly beyond 86% (and it's 7.45 p.m. on a Saturday night?)

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Apr 27, 13 11:54 AM
kaz85802 wrote:Another UK fish here with slow downloading (for the second weekend in a row). During the week, I download games after 7 p.m. UK time, and generally don't have any issues with the time taken. It only seems to be at the weekend, when I can access the site at 8 a.m. for the newest game that the problems start.

Today is the worst yet! In the past, I've simply paused the download, switched my computer off and tried again later in the day, when the download completed in a couple of minutes. I tried this today, having managed 15% in about 30 minutes this morning, and I thought all was fine, but I now seem to be inching slowly beyond 86% (and it's 7.45 p.m. on a Saturday night?)

Me too kaz. On 89% and still waiting

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Apr 27, 13 12:05 PM
OK I give up.

Will try later when net is quieter. One fed up fishie here

Please sort it out soon . This is my favourite download site.

Deb

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Apr 27, 13 12:21 PM
Access violation when I click on the surveillance monitor under the tryptic panels. Very disappointing!

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Apr 27, 13 1:20 PM
Trying to get Lever on wall in cave and all i get is the hand hovering over it but cannot pick up. If I have to uninstall and reinstall and lose my progress, I am not going to buy from BFG anymore-this is ridiculous! Hint button doesn't work anymore so know there is an issue and nothing else needs to be done...

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Apr 27, 13 1:55 PM
Now 9.45 BST and my download of the demo hs crept up to a whole 93%, in a mere eight hours. Impressive or what? Still, while waiting, I've arranged a holiday, done two loads of laundry and cooked and consumed a three course meal. So it's not wasted time really.

[Post New]by plainjayne55 on Apr 27, 13 2:39 PM
I downloaded the game (which took well over 1 1/2 hours and I have ended up with a black background with the words PLAY - Options - Credits etc. If I hit play, the computer jambs up!! I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and have ended up with the same problem. Used 2 game credits and will ask for a refund. Thought this would be a great game to play - sigh!! Going to uninstall it completely!!!!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 27, 13 2:44 PM
Hey Fishies,

While there's little we can do here in the Forums about those download issues, we really appreciate you letting us know. I've alerted the appropriate people and am hopeful that our team upstairs will do everything they can to help with this.

In the meantime of our Reps will be happy to help in anyway they can. Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

nflynn: I'm sorry to hear about those issues! And not to worry, uninstalling and reinstalling a game doesn't restart progress unless that's specified. I would recommend checking for a video card update first, along with reaching out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix for further help.

Lestat195:There are a few reasons why an access violation message can show up, but often some of the steps outlined in the help article here help to get the game working again!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Apr 27, 13 4:07 PM
At the top of the pyramid, a bird flew down, stole one of the gold bees, and left the screen. According to the strategy guide, the bird is supposed to be perched to the side of the steps and I'm to give him some seed. I have the seeds but the bird is no longer at the top of the stairs. This is the final bee I need and I cannot progress further into the game as the bird is now no longer to be found...

[Post New]by charmedwitch on Apr 27, 13 4:20 PM
finally managed to download the game took me 4 hours though, when i tried to play it i ended up with the strategy guide and hint button showing but the rest of the screen was black and i couldn't end the game save or anything i even had to use task manager to close the game down, i really wanted to play this game after looking at the feedback so please big fish can you do something about it. oh by the way i had to download it 3 times and every time was the same.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 27, 13 4:30 PM
WHEN will BFG give us an answer to slow downloads - i think you have no tech support at all - every time i do dr felix and tech support i get the same old "do this - check drivers -upgate this that and anything else - WE DO NOT NEED TO UPDATE _ YOU DO
we are all sick and tired of all answers - which are all the same
when is BFG going to listen to us and do something -no one from tech support does ANYTHING to solve these problems
we want to play these games - we are paying for them - so where is our cash going? BFG i have hundreds of games and in the last few months you have let your fishies down.
WE DESERVE ANSWER PLEASE

chanda57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by chanda57 on Apr 27, 13 6:52 PM
nflynn wrote:Trying to get Lever on wall in cave and all i get is the hand hovering over it but cannot pick up. If I have to uninstall and reinstall and lose my progress, I am not going to buy from BFG anymore-this is ridiculous! Hint button doesn't work anymore so know there is an issue and nothing else needs to be done...

I'm having the same problem. Can't pick up the lever on the cave wall. Uninstalled and re-installed. Still doesn't work.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Apr 27, 13 8:52 PM
Demo ran fine so I purchased the game. After installing, the game froze and I had to close computer down manually. I re-booted computer, uninstalled and reinstalled game and the same thing happened (black screen with just "hint" button and "SG" showing. I also got a "corrupt file"/"check disc" message on my computer after trying to play the game. Funny, isn't it how demo can run so smoothly and as soon as you purchase and install the game, it crashes even before it begins!!!! What gives with these games lately? Seems as though lately everyone's having problems either with slow downloading or getting games to run right. Seems like someone's asleep at the wheel in your Quality Control Dept.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 8:54:39 PM PST

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 28, 13 12:25 AM
nflynn wrote:Trying to get Lever on wall in cave and all i get is the hand hovering over it but cannot pick up. If I have to uninstall and reinstall and lose my progress, I am not going to buy from BFG anymore-this is ridiculous! Hint button doesn't work anymore so know there is an issue and nothing else needs to be done...

I had the same problem, cannot get the lever at all, also the bird flew away with the other bee thing so I cannot progress in the game for two reasons, very frustrating!

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 28, 13 12:26 AM
mst3kr wrote:At the top of the pyramid, a bird flew down, stole one of the gold bees, and left the screen. According to the strategy guide, the bird is supposed to be perched to the side of the steps and I'm to give him some seed. I have the seeds but the bird is no longer at the top of the stairs. This is the final bee I need and I cannot progress further into the game as the bird is now no longer to be found...

Had the same problem, cannot progress as bird flew away with the gold bee!

[Post New]by blueunicorn240 on Apr 28, 13 1:25 AM
Lestat195 wrote:Access violation when I click on the surveillance monitor under the tryptic panels. Very disappointing!

I'm getting the same access violation in the tryptich panels, too! An immediate crash. Are you able to bypass viewing the monitors and continue the game? I bought the game before reaching this point in the demo, so I'm very disappointed...

Go to: