mamanat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Mysteries of the Undead technical issues here only

[Post New]by mamanat on May 1, 13 11:39 AM
The only thing I find odd is the diary. After page 24, it is being written in Russian. I do not understand why, but hopefully this is a problem that can be repaired. Thanks

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 1, 13 3:41 PM
That's definitely odd, bpurdum2, that the message is showing up. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help get all of the game files in order. (Just click on the blue text for instructions.)

If that same message keeps showing up then please go ahead and contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

mamanat: I've seen a few other Fishies with the same observation! I'll definitely let our Team here know about this to see what we can do!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by painteddragonfly on May 1, 13 6:56 PM
Forced to do a hard restart: Game downloaded and installed in reasonable amount of time. Within first ten minutes of play, computer went crazy, rather like a DVD with a hair or bit of fuzz on it skipping. The only thing I could do to stop it was a hard restart. I'll be uninstalling it PDQ, don't need an issue with my comp.

[Post New]by MsFireDragon on May 1, 13 8:25 PM
Someone needs to seriously do a COMPLETE LOOK at EVERY aspect of this game. The dialouge makes no sense in many areas & around the time that you get to the island after the ship blows, the diary starts reading in RUSSIAN.

I don't normally have issues with my games, but someone really dropped the ball on this baby. There are glitches, gibberish, sudden language changes & it all adds up to one big headache.

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on May 2, 13 1:16 AM
hi there is another glitch in this game first one had to do a shut down as screen went blank and it wouldnt let task mamager shut it down got passed this and now in a ho game it wont let me pick up second table tennis paddle and get the feather thats beside it hope you resolve it soon xxxxx

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 2, 13 1:44 AM
Heya Fishies,

painteddragonfly - That sure sounds like a shock! If you would like to give it another go I would recommend that you first have a look here to make sure that all your drivers and software on your computer are up-to-date .

MsFireDragon - That seems to be a bit odd as we always make sure to test our games thoroughly before releasing them. It might help to give your game a quick uninstall and reinstall to make sure that all files are in their right place.

tesco - It could be that your computer is also in need of a small software update as the screen going black often indicate that the computer is having problems with the game. You can find some steps on how to check everything our here. It also could help to uninstall and reinstall your game to solve the issue in the HOS!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 2, 13 4:24 AM
Games keeps crashing on me--between this & 1/2 the diary being written in Russian...
er, was this tested before release?
Maybe I'll try it again when BFG releases the patch/rebuild.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 2, 13 4:38 AM
Hi Janie42,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums and this will also help them to continue tracking these issues.

Finally, just to assure you that if we have any further news on this game, the Moderation team will announce that in the Forum here.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/02/2013 at 4:38:47 AM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 2, 13 5:22 PM
Thank you bfgBaikal for your kind reply!
I reinstalled & game runs ok now BUT fact is, the lang.xml file included for texts is either a wrong one or BFG didn't ensure that the work on it re translation was completed & checked!

From the actual lang.xml file, besides many wrong-named hos items, there's nonsense like:
<T id="cat_angry_text_01">Surely the cat also infected, i need to neutralize it.</T>
and definitely Russian text:
<T id="rec29"> it won't post but you can see it if you open the file!</T>

Thus, patch/correction seems required, and since I definitely want to buy this game, was quite enjoying it, I'll keep an eye out for further news.
Thanks again!

Edited on 05/02/2013 at 5:28:46 PM PST

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on May 2, 13 5:45 PM
I have the same problem as bprlum. on register key. throughout the game will get these messages like codes. uninstalled reinstalled Dr Felix etc cannot continue to play

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 2:46 AM
Thanks so much for that information Janie42 - I will be sure to pass that along right away because it seems like your right and we will need to work with the developer to address this. Just to let you know, if we have any info on a update, we will share that in this Forum and thanks again for your help with this, it is much appreciated.

texgma - we are currently looking into reports of issue with the cash register, so it would be great if you could run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on May 3, 13 8:58 AM
Not sure if this is how the game is supposed to be, but there is no background music. It was quite a bizarre experience to be playing in silence, then all of a sudden some sounds, then back to silence. The only thing that had consistent noise was the map, which was actually really annoying.

Also, most of the black bar tips were in code. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 3, 13 3:26 PM
Hmmm, faboomama, that definitely sounds odd!

If you haven't already I would first check the Settings Menu to make sure that the sound isn't muted.

As for that code, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help, but I would definitely contact our Tech Support as well. They have the resources needed to help figure out why these issues may be happening!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on May 4, 13 3:48 AM
got to the house and then found all areas with nothing to do here so uninstalled it started under a new profile and am still in the canteen area and all possible sites say nothing to do here the globe in canteen which i repaired is now broken again sorry bfg i want my money back this just another one of yoyr real tirkeys obviously not tested

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 4:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear that tishythree!

So that we can help you with this and ensure you are not left with a game you cannot play and enjoy, please pop a message through to Customer Support.

They will be happy to help!

bfgBaikal

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 4, 13 6:17 PM
Thanks for the follow-up bfgBaikal
Hoping a patch/rebuild comes soon--rather tough on the devs this mess-up, as it could be that many folks will pass on the game despite it looks it will be a rather good game.

I'm still up for buying it if a fix comes in... quite liked the story & action & it isn't over-run with hos either, yay!

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on May 6, 13 4:17 AM
I installed the game today and have the same issue with the cash register - I have the key and the clue says to put the key in the area where the keys are missing, but it won't stick.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on May 6, 13 8:27 PM
I also downloaded this game, but when I tried to play it, I got an error access violation code. I uninstalled it, re-installed it and tried it again....but it did the same thing. That's a shame, as it appears to be a good game. But since I can't even get into it to try it, it's a no buy for me. Everything is current on my pc. As a matte of fact, I just downloaded another game and the DirectX popped up, so I agreed to it, but as it did previously, it stated that a newer or equivalent version is already installed on my pc. So WHY did it even pop up for me to update it to begin with? ? ! !

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 7, 13 3:29 AM
Heya Fishies,

Nortank - I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with the cash register! In this case it could help to simply uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure that all files are in their right place.

LuckyKK - For the DirectX pop-up that you received for a different game, some games require this software to be installed and to make sure that this is the case, you will receive a pop-up as the game doesn't check in advance if the software is already available.
Regarding the access violation that you are experiencing with the game: as this error can appear i would recommend that you have a look at the steps that we have available here to see if this helps you to try the game.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 7, 13 10:52 PM
The diary definitely changed over to Russian about mid-way through the game. Although mods have posted that this is a known issue, many days later there is still no fix.

Also, while not detrimental to game progress, it was annoying that bits of 'code' popped up instead of the text we were actually supposed to be seeing on screen.

I was able to complete the game without game-stopping glitches -- until what was most likely to have been the final cut scene. It jumped from the beach to a black screen, cursor frozen with a lonely little word in the upper right corner "skip". Did I mention it was frozen? Yep, so had to Task Manager out of the game.

Go to: