LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Aquascapes technical issues here only

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Sep 3, 13 12:53 PM
LindaJ1956 wrote:I LOVE this game, but unfortunately it has a Windows 8 bug that cannot be resolved that starts when you acquire your 3rd tank. No matter what you do as far as game compatibility or lowering DPI settings, the game begins to crash. I have been in contact with PlayRix (PlayRix was even so kid as to send me the Collector's Edition of the game) about this as well as in the tech forum and nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating as I do love the game, and hope that Big Fish and PlayRix can find a fix to this problem soon.

OK, the PlayRix version is doing the same thing when you acquire the third tank. Customer support there is excellent so I'll keep you posted.

[Post New]by whillo on Sep 7, 13 10:50 AM
I purchased this game but every time Ive tried to play it I get message that Aquascape exe is not working and it crashes. Ive uninstalled and re installed numerous times, but it will not run. Any suggestions?

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Sep 15, 13 11:13 AM
allytia wrote:Sometimes when I switch between tanks, the game just closes. When I reopen it, everything I had done is gone. I have to either stay in one tank, or close the game after buying anything or feeding/cleaning to not lose progress. Makes it hard to get the timed awards.

Hi allytia,

I had the same issue and it was due to Windows 8. If this applies to you as well, I found the fix while attempting to make Monopoly work correctly. All you need to fix this is the by downloading and installing the following:

Microsoft C++ redistributable (86x) 11.0.5027

Hope this helps! I finally have 9 aquariums and no more crashing

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 11:15:55 AM PST

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Sep 15, 13 11:20 AM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Warlady1 and BarbiW,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is shutting down on you like that. One thing that you might try is updating any game related software programs or drivers using our help article here:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If those tips aren't working, our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> will be more than happy to dig deeper into that for you and hopefully find a fix!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

There is a Windows 8 bug that I found when looking how to fix when make Monopoly run (and it runs wonderfully wall also). I had the same issue and it was due to Windows 8. If this applies to you as well, all you need to fix this is the by downloading and installing the following:

Hope this helps! I finally have 9 aquariums and no more crashing

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Sep 15, 13 11:24 AM
LindaJ1956 wrote:
LindaJ1956 wrote:I LOVE this game, but unfortunately it has a Windows 8 bug that cannot be resolved that starts when you acquire your 3rd tank. No matter what you do as far as game compatibility or lowering DPI settings, the game begins to crash. I have been in contact with PlayRix (PlayRix was even so kid as to send me the Collector's Edition of the game) about this as well as in the tech forum and nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating as I do love the game, and hope that Big Fish and PlayRix can find a fix to this problem soon.

OK, the PlayRix version is doing the same thing when you acquire the third tank. Customer support there is excellent so I'll keep you posted.

I have resolved this issue . All you need to fix this is the by downloading and installing the following:

I'm now up to 9 tanks and no crashing the game!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 18, 13 10:01 AM
Sometimes in a hidden object scene, and always in diver mode, when I click menu to pause the game,the entire game just exits. When I open it up, I lose all shells and coins I have earned in that game session. I remain on the same level, and keep everything I bought. I have Windows 8.

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

For Those getting hidden golden objects - Workaround

[Post New]by katelynn58 on Nov 3, 13 9:03 PM
For those of you having trouble with hidden golden objects... Click on "Menu" in the upper right hand corner and then Click on "Go back to Tank" and when it asks if you're sure say "yes". Then just click PLAY again and you will get a new screen to research for 40 more golden objects. No reinstall necessary.

Happy Gaming!

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Dec 2, 13 10:10 AM
On an iMac (OS 10.6.8):
Unusually slow download, then an error code 900 and game won't launch. And yes, I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted GM and still the error code. I have also deleted and reinstalled GM and repaired Mac permissions.

Edited on 12/02/2013 at 10:42:32 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 2, 13 1:05 PM
StarThrower wrote:On an iMac (OS 10.6.8):
Unusually slow download, then an error code 900 and game won't launch. And yes, I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted GM and still the error code. I have also deleted and reinstalled GM and repaired Mac permissions.

Well, it downloaded at a normal rate in 10.8.5 (Mountain LION), and played without issue. I know it says it works in 10.6.xx, but, well, soon you will have to let the LION roar, I suppose. Of course it could be the GM -- I love blaming it for everything. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Dec 2, 13 8:21 PM
Demo freezes at end of 1st level. Has done this twice. Have had to manually shut down both times (even force quit/esc won't work). I'm on a Mac OS 10.6.8 with all required specs. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by stanfordag on Dec 3, 13 9:04 AM
On my MacBook Air 13" (2011) running Mavericks, I cannot see the fish in either the aquarium or in the store. I can purchase them and feed them and even see their text bubbles. I simply cannot see them. We can't post images on these forums, so I can't show you what I see exactly, so just think of these as ghost fish!

Incredibly weird bug. I'm curious, how are these games tested?

Updated to Windows 8.1 - Graphics Issues

[Post New]by SciChick on Dec 10, 13 3:35 PM
I updated my graphics drivers, but the games (also gardenscapes and fishdom3 collectors edition) all run graphics in a jerky motion as if the graphics are not able to keep up. I recently updated to Windows 8.1 and have since been having all kinds of graphics issues. Any patches or updates out there?

geohunter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by geohunter on Dec 13, 13 11:58 PM
Same for me. It crashes when you go from tank to tank to feed the fish. It works fine when you're on a specific level and then buy the next tank and continue playing. This game crashed on me 7 times today. I too love this game but it seems no one can fix the problem on Windows 8. I've tried everything and nothing helps. There's no update for the game, either. Just so you'll know, this is the only game I've purchased from BF that crashes.

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Dec 28, 13 12:38 PM
Two things.

First the game is closed and the sound track is still playing. I've even closed game manager. The sound track started before the game opened and when the game was opened played the one that started and a different one. Ouch on the ears.

Second on level 21 In the Gold Rush window. Can't access the last item. The hint highlights the area around the golf globs and clock face. It doesn't matter where I click in that area I'm not getting anything. I've gone out and come back in and even tried playing the level in a different tank same results. Can't access that last item.

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Dec 28, 13 12:48 PM
After reading about this similar thing happening in other levels for folks I went back in and I got a different gold scene. Same issue couldn't access the last piece. This time it was up underneath one of the info windows in the upper left corner.

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Dec 29, 13 1:10 PM
Too stop the music. Close out game manager the Force quit, Aquascapes. Then reopen Game Manager and the Game and it will play OK at least it did for me.

I went in a third time and got a different scene and so far no issues with last items in Gold Rush scenes.

kit1717
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Statistics Page Gives Incorrect Total

[Post New]by kit1717 on Jun 22, 14 9:52 PM
When playing scenes in which you are to find one of the three items listed, the Statistics screen that follows gives an incorrect total.

For example, my most recent Statistics screen said (this forum eliminates the spacing, so assume the title is centered, the numbers are lined up under one another to the right, and the total at the bottom is centered):
Statistics
Money earned (10/10 items) 662
+ {star} level bonus 650
+ no Hint bonus 300
+ eagle eye bonus 1,000

Total

Clearly, the total should be 2,612.

[I am playing on a desktop PC running Microsoft 7 Home Premium.]

Thanks

[Post New]by nswillis57 on Sep 29, 14 12:02 PM
i installed this game on a different account and now i want to move my game files to another account so i do not have to start over. thank you

[Post New]by Nosaby on Nov 1, 14 2:58 PM
FYI: tried to play it on Mac 10.10 Yosemite and it 1. took forever to load, 2. wouldn't go full screen, and 3. wouldn't let me click on anything.

Go to: