Reviews for Farm Up

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:Reviews for Farm Up

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 19, 13 5:48 AM
Hello,

My sister had this game on her ipad and it looked interesting so I checked for a PC version and they had it! I DL it a couple of days ago and have been playing since.

I find it addicting, it can be a little slow sometimes but there are always butterflies and the fish to catch if your waiting for other tasks to complete. The energy is always running low for me, I constantly have to use the gems for more energy but other than that it's an interesting game.

Thank you for creating this game and making a PC version, I appreciate that it's free - the price is right! It's a good clean game for all ages to play, I would recommend this game to anyone. It's free so what do you have to loose - give it a try!

Sliponshoes

**EDIT**

I'm now on lvl 16 and the more I play this game the more I like it. I'm training up all the skills in the school and completing chores/quests and achievements left and right! This game is addicting - thanks BFG for developing it and making it available to the public free of charge. I'll most likely be making a gold purchase to support this game!

Edited on 07/21/2013 at 2:39:21 PM PST

[Post New]by ILoveMyWifeyy on Jul 20, 13 10:51 AM
I NEED HELP!!!! Where Do You build The School House..?

Edited on 07/20/2013 at 11:18:03 AM PST

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 20, 13 3:14 PM
ILoveMyWifeyy wrote:I NEED HELP!!!! Where Do You build The School House..?

The School House foundation is there when you start. To scroll the screen down click and hold then move the mouse down/up and you will scroll the screen up/down. The school house foundation is on the right side of the screen and needs to be built by the husband. To zoom in and out use the wheel of your mouse.

Happy farming!

[Post New]by marie_bam on Aug 8, 13 1:03 PM
I have a question. There are items right now that I do not want on my farm at the moment. I also do not want to sell them because I am planning on using them again. Is there any way to store the items. Like the benches, flowers, etc. Thank you. BTW.. I absolutely love this game

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by Jarrow on Aug 8, 13 5:55 PM
Marie Bam,
The only thing you could do is 'move' them to the back of the yard. This will prevent the rocks and stumps from taking over that part, but there is no 'storage' area. Besides, you will have other decorations and lawn paving that you will need to purchase for quests throughout the game. At least that is my experience up to level 37.

Happy farming.

[Post New]by marie_bam on Aug 8, 13 6:09 PM
Thank you Jarrow. I am just going to sell them lol

This game sucks, nothing but a money making gimmik!!!!!!

[Post New]by Allyonna on Aug 9, 13 4:31 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Farm Up ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Farm Up page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/16j0p5G">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/246262.page#5236193>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by oklizajane on Aug 23, 13 10:12 PM
I loved this game and was enjoying playing it with my granddaughter however one Sunday we couldn't get the Continue button to work. I looked on the Forums and others were having the same issue and I never could see were they got it resolved.

We had made it Level 22 or further, I can't remember. I do know we had gotten to Level 22 at least, had all our buildings, animals pens and people on the Farm. Jenny and her husband had completed all their education and the Grandparents most of theirs. Long story short, I reported the incident to Big Fish and we went through several steps and emails to try to get the game to come back but never could get it to. The tech support was very patient with me and I believe he did all he could but I finally just had to start the game over. This is frustrating as I had spent money maybe $15-$20 purchasing Gold coins and silver, which I know I didn't have to but it does make the game easier.

This is a very fun game, I enjoy it very much...I think we should earn more gold coins for completing tasks such as gathering so many eggs, planting certain amount of crops, pumping water, etc.

Even with the issue I had with the game I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys playing any of the farming games on Facebook.

Katina54
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Katina54 on Aug 24, 13 6:40 PM
Status of FARM UP/ Yes, I know. Big Fish Games sucks you into this game. I am at Level 39 and have spent $100 of MY money on GOLD. So much for a FREE game. Then I continually have to reinstall the game cuz nothing works. I signed up for and paid for the "Club" membership for a year. Now my benefit of "Live Help" online has been shut down for 3 weeks. Oh my, they tell me they are busy. What the heck. I googled Big Fish and all Press Releases said they closed Vancover,Canada office and layed off 45 people in Seattle. What. Any info you have here re this rip off company, please post and let us know.

[Post New]by adkgal on Aug 26, 13 5:23 AM
PROS: The graphics are fun. I like the idea of being able to build new buildings and repair the old farmhouse and guesthouse. There is a nice variety of fruits and vegetables to plant. The game play is somewhat like Farmville in that you have to wait for the crops to grow...sometimes up to 8 hours. For example: pumpkins take about 8 hours to grow and carrots 10 hours.

CONS: Despite the farmer and the mayor guiding you through what to do next, gameplay is frustrating. The female character is limited to just planting crops which is stupid. She should be allowed to help her husband build the schoolhouse, sawmill and brick factory etc. The most frustrating is that it takes phases to get one building completed. It can take up to 12 hours to complete one building.

Gameplay is also confusing. You are told that the guest house needs to be fixed before grandma can arrive, but you never get a prompt to repair the guest house until much much later in the game. AND you need wood boards to build the schoolhouse, but you have to wait for Grandpa to arrive. And for 7 wood boards it costs 29,000 coins! Craziness! This how they try and get you to buy their gold coins with money from your own personal bank account in real life. So, unless you feel like growing a ton of crops and making 100,000 coins you can't finish building the schoolhouse for a LONG time.

I miss the days when you could actually BUY a game for $20-$30 and have nice game play without them trying to scam you out of your hard earned money (we're in a recession if you didn't realize). Unfortunately, people got greedy in the gaming world and are hoping to snow you into buying a bunch of gold coins on your credit card. I see some of you fell for the gold coin scam already and spent $100 and then the game isn't working right. Please present people with the option of actually purchasing the game without the gold coin scam? I think people respect a game company more when they don't try to scam them out of their money.

Edited on 08/26/2013 at 5:40:14 AM PST

Reviews for Farm Up

[Post New]by mugmyers on Aug 27, 13 1:19 PM
I have been playing this game for a few weeks now. After I got the formatting problem resolved (somewhat) I was much happier with it. Although it does require me to have my fonts smaller than I like.
I am on level 29, and was wondering why I wasn't accumulating more Farm Up cash. I just got through doing the math. Most of the "tasks" pay far less per item than you can get by selling them directly. In fact, some items, you actually LOSE money! I just got an order for 40 broccoli. The reward is 1300 experience, and 19,800 cash. However, I can sell it directly for 26,400 and 1800 experience. It cost me 19,200 for the plants! I guess it cost 40 energy. Anyway, this is not a good investment, so I will sell them direct. And the cotton towels I've been working so diligently to get "manufactured"? Yeah...losing money there. So, I will just allow the tasks to languish there and try to get some cash built up.

[Post New]by mugmyers on Aug 27, 13 4:51 PM
I forgot to mention that when you buy energy with the "realores", the fewer you get, the cheaper they are! That's kinda different. If you buy only 5, it costs 7 realores. But if you get 10, it costs 15 realores! And, 20 will cost you 40! So, I just buy 5, four times. That way, I only use 28 realores, and not 40. Who in the world set this game up? Can they not count?

[Post New]by samchan75 on Aug 28, 13 4:21 AM
why i play until level 12, i cannot continue again, must play new again.

[Post New]by Tomishereagain on Aug 28, 13 8:45 AM
First let me thank those at BFG that made the "Free to Play" available!
Farm Up has been rather enjoyable for me so far and I am not much for the Facebook type games.
As for purchasing anything online. Being Disabled and on fixed income I don't have much in my budget for extras. Food and Gas take what remains after bills. I have played Farmup for about a month and spent nothing - No plans to buy anything either. I like the game but I like living better. Now that that is out of the way, Lets look at the game...

I've had no issues with the game running and it has been pretty stable. It runs on a win 7 machine. These Forums have been very helpful and I have noticed a few things which I have posted about.
I would like to see some changes:
1- Press & Hold to determine the number of an item to sell in the barn. All those clicks are boring and stupid. A drop down with 100, 200, 500 & all would be better.
2- Maxing out on uprades to Gold is frustrating. Not only are the upgrade Gold requirements unrealistic, there is no Silver option.
3- Tasks and Goals that require factory upgrades to complete that are Gold required stops me in my tracks. I will never complete this game without an infusion of wasteable money.

Again, Thank You for the opportunity to play Farmup - It is entertaining.

magicwoman1
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by magicwoman1 on Aug 28, 13 9:50 AM
Ok Tom, so are u decide which game play another because give up from Farm up

[Post New]by Tomishereagain on Aug 29, 13 6:27 AM
magicwoman1 wrote:Ok Tom, so are u decide which game play another because give up from Farm up

LOL, Just because I am unable to spend my real money does not mean I need to stop playing the game. In a review aspect, I felt it was warranted to note both positive and negative observations.

I have to get 100K exp to level up and I am doing it by NOT planting anything. I have 10 more plots to finish producing and I will have nothing planted. I also only collect product from my animals, doing no maintenance or feed/watering. I make chicken soup and produce from my 3 factories. I do moles and fish and butterflies but stopped cleaning up the yard. I am at 50K exp. Consider this a test if you will.

I like the game!

magicwoman1
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by magicwoman1 on Aug 29, 13 7:47 AM
I am unable to because havent option from my country so, i play and i am today up to level 46 where need get 576000 to another level. but with collection gold, and chicken soup going well, and when run off energy then i use 16 gold and play 4 hours and plant only radish because they grow for 2 minute, and water a lot, and clean whole yard.for that 4hours i always back that 16 gold and earn sometimes 25 or 30 gold,so back 16 gold and have 10 or 15 more gold.dont know are u try 4hours but help a lot! and sorry if I make u angry.happy gaming

mawma
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by mawma on Oct 17, 13 6:49 PM
I have had the game for a few days & I love it. This is also my 1st review for a game. I have played several FB games, This comes as close as you can get without being pressed for time to accomplish things, also you do not have to get other people to send you things for your game. Really bad if you can't send out requests. Have told one person about it already & plan to tell others also. I am really enjoying it. It is one of the best games from Big Fish & I have been a member for a long time. Keep up the good work & keep games like this coming. I am going to enjoy this game for a long time. Whether free or it had cost something it is worth it. I give it a grade A number 1 rating. I have tried other games from other places, & this one has them beat.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Nov 11, 13 1:04 PM
I've been playing Farm Up for several months now. I'm at level 50 and in the beginning, when there were many map quests it was fun. After the last update, there are more local farm quests, but I quickly completed the map quests and no more are available.

I read somewhere that leveling up stops at 55. Only 5 more to go.

I like the game, and I think it has far more potential than BFG realizes. I get the feeling that they don't have any developers with any pizazz to make this game a lot more fun.

Right now, its pretty boring. I don't feel like they are actively working on making it a bit more exciting. Very repetitive tasks. No seasonal changes . . . which we definitely experience here in NC (the farm is in NC). The best way to level up is with lemon trees, which really aren't grown in NC.

The workers never go anywhere or do anything or have friendly visitors which might make it a bit more exciting. Just a boring rut of doing the same things over and over.

Grandma is a hoot. She's a lot faster than you think. No one helps the lady farmer plant anything and the man has to be directed to tasks . . . otherwise he just wittles all day.

Grandpa fixes a lot of fences, but never gets to go fishing. So sad.

A lot of space is taken up by useless buildings . . . the school is large and after you complete all the goals there does nothing except take up real estate.

The boat house is another one . . . I have an orchard close to it and when I accidently hit the boathouse it opens up the map, which, of course is useless without any available quests on it. At the very least, they could allow the program to repeat quests in that feature.

While I check in every day and collect all my lemons and make flour mostly, I doubt I'll be playing very much after I reach the 55 level limit. What's the point after that?

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Nov 21, 13 1:57 AM
While I check in every day and collect all my lemons and make flour mostly, I doubt I'll be playing very much after I reach the 55 level limit. What's the point after that?

Yesterday I shut down my farm for the winter - enjoyed it very much, logged in daily for months, but now at level 52 I don't even get my daily gold coin for that
Now I'm tired of growing wheat and producing flour to fulfill the 50th quest for 20 buns or 16 pies ... IMO there is no point after that

Tried to get some information on **** sites; from FB I learned that they will soon come out with a new game, but no hint on update for Farm Up - so for me it's Farm Down now

Go to: