SUGGESTIONS

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 4, 13 9:51 PM
Tiffany_12874 wrote:

Yes, I am referring to the dead trees and bushes after they have finished yielding. I JUST cleared one and paid very close attention, and all I got was -1 energy, nothing else in return. Again, I think it would make sense to receive at least +1 wood or something, as it is clearing wood! haha

In that case (sorry I misunderstood), I agree with you!

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 5, 13 5:52 AM
Dear Devs!!

Suggestions for next update:

1. At the iPad version it is very easy to hit by mistake the "New game" tab. Please make sure that it does not start immediately but has a question "Are you sure you want to start a new game?" or something like that.
(May this question exists, but I don't want to find out the hard way...)

2. The time it takes to make a sack of Flour at the Pastry factory should be REDUCED. Now it takes 20m to make one, while 3 to 12 sacks of flour is required for just ONE of the other products. And usually quests demand 20 of these other products (that means 60 to 240 sacks of flour just for one quest!!) Please make it 10 minutes (if not 5)!

3. When we have simultaneously two quests demanding exactly the same product at exactly the same quantity, it would stop be frustrating if the production of this product could count for both quests.

4.The upgrades of the hen sheep and cow pens after the three first ones are in gold coins. Ok with this But is it is extremely expensive (70/95 and probably next upgrade even more). I understand that you want us to make in-game purchases (and I have, more that twice...) but this kind of number makes me stop buying more. If the upgrades cost less gold coins I would buy them. Now I just don't.

The next have been mentioned above form other Fishies as well but I like to sum things up in lists ...

5. Strawberries are bushes so they could be "transferred" to the berries/bushes tab of the shop. And instead of producing just once, they could follow the others' berries logic: yield several times.

6. Choices of 1 hour and 2 hours Unlimited play (energy). Many of us are people with jobs and most of the time it is impossible to take advantage of the 4 hours Unlimited play that is currently available.

7. Maximum energy tank is not being accordingly enlarged as we level up. (e.g. At level 27 I had 54 max energy and at level 34 just 55 of maximum energy!!!)
I suggest 5 units of maximum energy tank enlargement each time we level up.

8.After the bushes and trees have yielded the number of times they are supposed to, they leave behind a dead bush and a dead tree respectively that we have to get rid of in order to plant anything else on that bed. It would be nice if we could be awarded with something,like a piece of wood.

Hope you read this and take it into account!
Thank you.

Edited on 08/05/2013 at 6:18:50 AM PST

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 5, 13 11:36 AM
Matahari24 wrote:Dear Devs!!

[...]

2. I totally agree! Flour time should be about 5 minutes. You only get one experience anyway.

4. I agree with this also. OR, we could have a version a level or two later that lets you buy with silver as in the water pumps.

5. YES, for anyone that has grown REAL strawberries, we can tell you!

6. Definitely! I have a hard time getting through a 4 hour session without having to visit the lady's room!

7. With Facebook games (which I use to play), as you leveled up, you got more energy (even if it's only ONE, it would help).

8. As Heinlein said, nothing is free. If we have to spend an energy, we should get something for it.

How about this? A level 5 water pump? Gives you 5 water, that would be great.
(edited for space, sorry Matahari)

Puffaroo
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Puffaroo on Aug 7, 13 11:49 AM
I'd like them to slow down with the rocks and stumps, already! I swear, if I go away for a few days, I think I'd come back to every inch of space covered.

I realize they're quicker than mining or chopping, but they use the same amount of energy and are just an energy drain and an annoyance. And they're UGLY.

Phew, I feel better now!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 7, 13 5:06 PM
Puffaroo wrote:I'd like them to slow down with the rocks and stumps, already! I swear, if I go away for a few days, I think I'd come back to every inch of space covered.

I realize they're quicker than mining or chopping, but they use the same amount of energy and are just an energy drain and an annoyance. And they're UGLY.

Phew, I feel better now!

Well, ugly, yeah, I'm with you....but aside from logs and stones, they also sometimes provide collectibles, money, vitamins (blue bottles), experience and even the occasional +5 energy. I need all of those I can get! You can always build something over the open ground and then the trash won't "crop up" there any more

bcbuddy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by bcbuddy on Aug 8, 13 5:53 AM
I'm enjoying this game but do have one suggestion. Please can we have more achievements to aim for. Radishes, tomatoes, pumpkins are listed in the achievements but not every plant, tree and product. Fulfilling orders [quests] is okay but more achievements where you can earn gold coins and heaps of experience points would enhance the game. As much as I like Farm Up at the moment I think once I've achieved the few I have left to aim for, I will probably lose interest.

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 8, 13 6:26 PM
bcbuddy wrote:I'm enjoying this game but do have one suggestion. Please can we have more achievements to aim for. Radishes, tomatoes, pumpkins are listed in the achievements but not every plant, tree and product. Fulfilling orders [quests] is okay but more achievements where you can earn gold coins and heaps of experience points would enhance the game. As much as I like Farm Up at the moment I think once I've achieved the few I have left to aim for, I will probably lose interest.

I agree with this! Maybe you don't have to do gold (I hope you will, though), maybe energy? As in a permanent increase? That would be one way to do it.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 13, 13 2:02 PM
Assigning a key to "gray out" the screen icons would be nice. It's a pain to struggle with zoom and the cursor to get butterflies and clear trash (and get the fish) when they are very close to or behind one of the icons.

Selling unlimited energy for 20 minutes at $100,000 silver would be nice. Dream on?

janaviola
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by janaviola on Aug 15, 13 7:20 PM
Level 31 is pretty boring. I have over a million silver, a good bit of earned gold, a pretty full barn and 2 of each factory. My canneries lay dormant and my diary factories may as well be also. The only quests I have are way too many items from the textile & bakery factories and waiting for the stupid flour. Give us a break already!

At least give us an option to mill 100 flour overnight. Even tho my 3rd bakery is almost ready, I don't have much to look forward to. Very disappointed even with the random quests.

As for other suggestions::
Let the animals get older and stop producing as much
Let them have babies that we can (or have to) sell off
Have more quests for the canneries and the farm
Reduce the ungodly amounts for the quests--30 of anything is way too much & too boring

JMHO, disillusioned, I thought it would get better, not more boring.

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Tomishereagain on Aug 23, 13 10:07 PM
Cute Game!
Ditto on most of the suggestions already mentioned, especially the barn selling number (With thousands of items thats a lot of clicking to get to the desired number!).
Somethings I would like to see...
* A Larger Playing Field
* Another Different Fish with Different Bennys
* Ability to buy additional harvests from already planted crops
* Have the Ostrich peck Grandma's Head
* Shotgun Sound Effect when you click a mole
* Crows in the Cornfields (Gives 8 energy)
* New Cities to Sell to
* The Ability to Sell off or Trade Items on The Collections (140 Nets and only 14 Mouse Traps)

Some Things I've Learned Pertaining to some of the Suggestions:
> Cook the Chicken Noodle Soup for the Best Energy
> Let your Collections Build Up (Especially the on the one that Gives GOLD)
> When a City Goal asks for something you have not leveled up to yet or asks for something that requires Gold to plant and wants a lot of them or Wants an ungodly amount of a factory product - Accept it and you will notice that it will Finish with only 3 GOLD. Do the 3 Gold and the city will time into a new task and you will get the reward for the sale.
> The In-screen tasks for the Railroad, Boat and Truck will usually want 5 Gold to Finish.

I Joined so I could post this...Lets see what else I can post?

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 5:46:36 AM PST

Puffaroo
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Puffaroo on Sep 5, 13 3:20 AM
The most annoying aspect of the game is the arrows in the storehouse. Please fix this!

It would be great if you could make the farm larger, too.

And for cryin' out loud, leveling up should add at least ONE energy to your max!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 7, 13 7:43 PM
I was clearing some rocks on the right hand side of the screen by the woods. One of the fixed-in-place trees went transparent when I clicked on the rocks to reveal a big old stump. However, the tree re-materialized before I could click on the stump and now, no matter what I try, the stump is inaccessible. This is the same problem as occurs in the upper left and lower right corners.

Suggestion: make all the fixed trees behave like the buildings when the transparency "eye" is used, so we can clean up the junk behind them.

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Sep 8, 13 12:34 PM
I would like to be able to move ANYTHING. By not being able to move the house and barn you are cutting down on planting. Also smaller time bubbles over the factories. All you really need is to see the time running off. To be able to get rid of The Cursed Chicken. You should not be stuck with that Chicken forever.

Puffaroo
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by Puffaroo on Sep 9, 13 6:52 AM
Man, this thread is getting loooooong... ANYWAY:

Grandma gives up on her jobs too soon, sometimes as little as 5 seconds.

I'd like more tabs in the barn, separating items by type (crops, clothes, bakery, etc.)

Add at least one max energy at each level.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by evetruth on Sep 10, 13 5:26 AM
Matahari24 wrote:
chellewalker wrote:I hate having to use the arrows when selling items in the barn. If you have a 1000 of an item and want to sell 100 of that item you have to constantly click on the down arrow. Why can't they have it to where you can click on the up arrow when you are at 1000 at it go to 1 so you can start there? Or have it to where you can type in the number you want to sell? Please make this easier!!!

True!!
I feel the same way.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by evetruth on Sep 10, 13 5:55 AM
This has worked for me. I have two or three of each building. I put a few decorations on the farm. On each and every empty spot I had on the farm I placed lots. When a dead bush or tree is on the lot I sell it and replace it. I have fewer stones or tree stumps. I don't water the plants until ripening time. I save energy by doing this and it speeds up the time on the growth. I think we should get 3 or 5 bags of flour. Wheat should take 2 hours to grow instead of 4 hours. The map should have endless quests. The characters that pop up from the rails, ship, and car sometimes overlap quests that are in process. I don't click on their light blubs until I have finished the quests that are being processed. I left the mole as is. It doesn't eat the plants and besides it gives good rewards.This game is for people that have patience. Haven't spent any money on this game.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by evetruth on Sep 10, 13 5:56 AM
Puffaroo wrote:The most annoying aspect of the game is the arrows in the storehouse. Please fix this!

It would be great if you could make the farm larger, too.

And for cryin' out loud, leveling up should add at least ONE energy to your max!
I'm at 56 energies.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Oct 30, 13 9:47 AM
If your frustrated by not having enough energy. restart the game, sell all your stuff and trade all your collections then restart. You'll get to do the achievements over so more gold and you will have unlimited energy for as long as you don't log out, I'm on my 4th day now.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 30, 13 2:20 PM
Heinlein said (although he was not the first) that nothing is free, but keep in mind that, from those dead sticks, you got bushes and trees that had multiple yields of products that never withered. Seems like an even deal to me

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by knitnest on Oct 30, 13 4:26 PM
TANSTAAFL - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

But that doesn't mean that we should get something for taking down dead trees. It means don't be a sucker - and don't reply to emails from Nigerian princes.

For realism's sake, yes, we should get wood for taking down a tree. But if we wanted realism . . fill in the blank:

it should be night sometimes
factories should have workers
crops should not make a noise when they get ripe
butterflies should not explode and give you presents
that milk you're hoarding should be pretty nasty by now
you should talk to Gramma about what's in the "magic water" she's giving the livestock

Got any?

Go to: