laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition

[Post New]by laurakay76 on May 26, 13 12:52 AM
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Dark Parables is my all-time favorite PC game series. TFC was every bit as good as its predecessors. Exiled Prince is still my favorite of them all (I may have a bit of a thing for Prince James), but there is no such thing as a bad Dark Parables game in my book. I love them all.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 26, 13 5:19 AM
Graphics is really mind blowing, attention to details down to last stone and 3d life like atmosphere, voice over of cinderella. The continuation from last series was so minute that I really take my hats off to the devs, They really took all their trouble over this ONE game. Great storyline, easy game play, fun and unique mini puzzles and easy HOS (not interactive, finding parts), mostly easy no hints needed. Hints recharged reasonably fast. Penalty in the form of a dint if u click too fast and too much misses

SUCH a GREAT GAME what else do u look for?!

BUY BUY BUY

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 26, 13 8:33 AM
My review based on entire game.

The latest instalment in the much loved Dark Parables fragmented object scene series.

I had high expectations for this one and, on the whole it doesn't disappoint. Blue Tea Games usually deliver. The graphics are colourful and bright, the voiceovers and lip syncing well done.

I did not enjoy this one as much as earlier games, however, and here's why; I understand that Blue Tea take traditional fairytales and put their own twist on them in this series, but the storyline in this game was very odd. Just as with the Red Riding Hood Sisters, here there is more than one Cinderella, but for a large part of the game another well known fairytale character comes into play and takes centre stage and the marriage of the two (stories that is, not characters), not to mention the relationship between the two adults is just bizarre.

There are also two serious problems which need to be patched and fixed by the developers. One comes in one of the last chapters of the main game and the other in the bonus play. Both can be circumnavigated if one reads how others have done it in the technical and game forum threads here on Big Fish. It is by no means a 'no buy' for this reason, but can be annoying if you need to uninstall and reinstall (especially if you have very slow downloads).

One other thing is that gamers will seriously have to like FROGs, because there are a staggering 32 in the main game and only 9 puzzles. I counted 8 FROGs and 5 puzzles in the bonus; and the FROGs just keep coming, one after another and many are revisited.

In my opinion, this wasn't as good as previous Dark Parables, but it's entertaining enough.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on May 26, 13 12:56 PM
I have purchased the other Dark Parable games and would be buying this one too. I like the story line and the graphics used in the games. The used of a detective as the main character is my favorite type/ I will wait though until the SE version comes out.

[Post New]by kmsim15 on May 26, 13 5:15 PM
I just finished this game and I absolutely loved it, it was well worth the wait.

I really enjoy Blue Tea's games. I love the graphics and beautiful colors in the Dark Parables series and in the Phoenix Queen game.

I have always been interested in fairy tales and the different interpretations that have been done with them. I like that the Dark Parables games follow more of a Brother's Grimm style of storytelling. There are darker elements and not every character is black and white, not every bad guy is fully evil and some are redeemable.

The only problem that I had with this game is that I had to start over from the beginning when I got halfway through the game because of the glitch of not being able to get the piano key. But I started over and it worked the second time.

This game was well worth the wait.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 27, 13 8:20 AM
I absolutely LOVED all of the Dark Parables and this one is NO exception!!!

Probably everything about this game regarding the story line and mechanics has already been said, so I'll not rehash any of that. What I will say is that it was VERY long play for me and is a game I will ABSOLUTELY play it again as I have done with all of the Dark Parables.

In general, I do NOT like FROGS, but found these fun to play. In every FROG scene, I found a balance of easy to find, moderately hard to find, and a few that were very hard to find. Perfect blend for me. I did NOT like those find the ruin in the right pattern game. Just couldn't figure it out, so skipped them.

I was VERY excited to know that there is another Dark Parable coming and by the clue given, I know what it is!! Can't wait for it to come out and will buy it without trial as I did this one based on the prior quality of the Parables, long length of play, awesome graphics, ability to customize my options and the pure fun factor!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS GAME!!

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on May 30, 13 1:50 AM
Great fantasy (fairytale) game with wonderful colourful graphics and characters Lots of detail everywhere!

It was interesting to read the different Cinderella stories, even one from Asia, when collecting all the ''parables'', and the clothing items for 4 Cinderellas.
20 morphing objects in this game, fun and easy puzzles, and fragmented HOS.

I love all the Blue Tea games, and can't wait for their next story, which I guess will take place in the floating castle of the Giant!! Of Jack and the beanstalk! End Spoiler.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 30, 13 10:44 AM
This is a typical Blue Tea game. Great graphics and a lot of fun. Music leaves something to desire, but not awful. Frogs are nice for a change of pace, and puzzles are do-able.A jump map would have been appreciated, since I wore out 3 pairs of sneakers running around in the game. I was going to wait for the SE, but a two for one sale caught me. Glad I didn't wait. The Bonus chapter and the extras were worth it.
Thanks Blue Tea

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 7:22 AM
Eye Candy, A Little Flawed

BASED ON ONE HOUR DEMO

It’s Dark Parables, right? So that tells you two things right off. It’s gonna look BEAUTIFUL, and it’s a FRAGMENTED OBJECT game. Right on both counts.

However, I was disappointed to see that some of the ARTWORK was GRAINY, harking back to a look we haven’t seen since Curse of the Briar Rose. Luckily, the HO SCENES are not like that. For the most part we are talking delightful colour, imaginatively created objects and a SUMPTUOUS FEAST for the eyes.

The GAMEPLAY is a lot of FROGS, each visited twice, with a scattering of PUZZLES as well. The ADVENTURE COMPONENT is LIMITED.

Like all the games in this series, there is an overwhelming list of COLLECTIBLES.

• 45 Parable pieces, which give you interesting twisted fairy tales
• Cursed Objects – 20 morphing
• Royal Clothing – 4 pieces each for the previous Cinderellas

No sign of ACHIEVEMENTS, but collecting these items reap unspecified REWARDS.

There is a INTERACTIVE MAP, but no jump function. NO JOURNAL. HINT is DIRECTIONAL.

There is a new twist – a CUTE COMPANION. I’ll let you find out about him yourself.
All of this is encased in a very COMPLEX version of the original FAIRY TALE, including cameo moments from past Dark Parables.

BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

In keeping with past Dark Parable games, I expect all of the above – COLLECTIBLES & CUTE COMPANION included, will not be exclusive to the CE game.

What you WILL get is:
*Integrated SG (didn’t show much in the demo, so I can’t give an indication of time)
*Wallpapers, Art, Music (locked so I don’t know how it looks)
*Replayable Puzzles & NEW ONES (allegedly anyway)
* BONUS CHAPTER, which looks like fun. You go into the PAST and play the tale of ONE OF THE PREVIOUS CINDERELLAS, an ORIENTAL.

I played the FULL HOUR (2 Chapters of an unknown number), and still feel as though I have only scratched the surface of the treats in store on this one. 4.5 of 5.

I recommend this game!

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Jun 6, 13 8:16 AM
I have truly enjoyed this series, and this game is the best one yet! Gorgeous graphics, lovely music, an engaging story line, beautiful FROG scenes, and novel puzzles. Hats off to Blue Tea, you are one of my favorites! Please keep them coming! Now, I'm back to continue my second time through!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jun 6, 13 9:59 PM
kloanne wrote:I have truly enjoyed this series, and this game is the best one yet! Gorgeous graphics, lovely music, an engaging story line, beautiful FROG scenes, and novel puzzles. Hats off to Blue Tea, you are one of my favorites! Please keep them coming! Now, I'm back to continue my second time through!

Hey kloanne! Great review and I agree 100%!

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jun 7, 13 7:37 PM
Another great Blue Tea Game, good animation, artwork and music. If you liked the other games in this series, you should love this one. I was very happy with it.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 8, 13 1:10 PM
As always with Blue Tea games, this one captured my FULL attention, from beginning to end, which is not easy to do, LOVE, LOVE the Dark Parables !

I have completed the main game and bonus, SO MUCH FUN playing these fairy tales, and I NEVER have a boring moment in the entire game, like I do with some games, HONG KONG developers know how to make the perfect PC game's, by far.
There is something magical, when collecting items, in the FROGS, and seeing the item, come together, NEVER get tired of doing them .
And the way the game play, just flows makes it extra enjoyable, its like drinking an exceptional cup of coffee, so great from start to finish, and everything inbetween.
The story always captures every fiber of my being, the visuals are always so beautiful to look at, and I just LOVE reading the Parables, this series IS the complete package IMHO, and I'm always blown away, with how much FUN I have while playing these, they are 1 on my FAVORITE games to play .

Having extra's like collecting Parables pieces, morphing objects and finding royal clothing, which you than get to dress up, are for me, what makes paying the extra bucks, so worth, every penny spent, and what makes it CE worthy .
I just think BT games have some VERY TALENTED people on their team, because these games lack nothing, they have every single thing in their games, and than some, to make them an EXCITING and FUN experience, with every one they release, and that is not an easy task, so JOB WELL DONE developers .

I am SO looking forward to the next installment, of DP...LOVE JATBS fairy tale, will be a no brainer, a must buy, for me, but since I lack patience ..the wait will be painful ...so PLEASE hurry..lol.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Jun 8, 13 3:23 PM
bellissimo...!!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 8, 13 9:40 PM
sea_maid wrote:I wish the game had been better...

That's how I felt about the previous game in this series (Red Riding Hood Sisters), but I really enjoyed this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 20, 13 6:55 PM
Yayyy... I made it to this forum without first having to sign in. *wipes sweat off her forehead*

I only bought this game this last weekend with the BOGOF sale. Finished the game yesterday and would like to say that I really enjoyed this one.

For once I liked the fragmented hidden object scenes in this series, because the object parts were not all that hard to find: Background colour and object colours were quite different - no hiding objects within the same colours with this game.

I also really liked the bonus game. I thought it was fun and entertaining.

Looking forward to the next fairy tale.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Jun 23, 13 5:08 PM
Wow. What a beautifully created fairy tale. I am completely enchanted with every part of the graphics and story. I own all of the previous Dark Parables game and am also amazed. Kudos to the delevopers.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jul 1, 13 10:50 AM
I love this game, I am so glad I bought it, the puzzles & HO's are great and it is a very long game.

rrrachel
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rrrachel on Jul 6, 13 7:44 AM
I love this game! I like it more than Red Riding Hood. Dark tales is really good idea for games)))
But there are tooooo many collectibles items for me.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 11, 13 8:57 PM
Good grief, I don't remember these DArk Parables being so full of foo foo and glitter. Was glad when this one was over...didn't even play the bonus chapter. I guess if you are into all the glam, this is for you, but it got really tiring. I give a 2 out of 5...not one I will play again....definately girly girl.

Go to: