Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by KowboyKrazi on May 28, 13 3:25 PM
Really got into this game...BUT...thought I'd dodged a bullet until visiting the kitchen in the Spirit Find part of the game, used a hint for shovel and the whole game crashed....three times. I'm not about to lose my computer like some others have, and yes, my computer is up to date, drivers and all. I would think that with the copious amount of freeze/crash problems Big Fish would work on an expedient fix so members can enjoy the game they purchased without risk of blowing up our computers.

Seems like quite a few of us have spent dollars++ over time, and should be able to play our games without glitches like this.

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on May 28, 13 5:17 PM
Someone said he had no problems playing this game all the way through in Windows7, 64 bit. Anyone else played with these specifics? I have Windows Vista, 32-bit and am having crashing problems.

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 5:20:14 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 28, 13 5:31 PM
i have windows7 and crashed

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on May 28, 13 8:48 PM
Everything up to date and have windows 7.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 29, 13 2:54 AM
Hi Fishies!

I am sorry to see that quite a few of you are having trouble with the game crashing, freezing or not performing quite as it should for you.

I can see that many of you have already searched for updates to combat these issues and thank you for checking that out, if you have yet to check though, please click the following link for help on running some updates.

If you have tried all the advice already offered, could you please write in to Tech Support so we can continue to track this issue? That would really help!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can via the Forums.

Thank you all for working with us,

bfgBaikal

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on May 29, 13 4:41 AM
bella81762 wrote:error access violation, in the 1st part of the unlimited mode...

me too

update:

now started the game again, under a different player, opened the speed and find and it terminated in exactly the same place in the kitchen while trying to get the shovel. So that means that 50% of the game I can't play - very fed up.

Edited on 05/31/2013 at 9:26:20 AM PST

tdforman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tdforman on May 29, 13 4:48 AM
I got through the whole game without any freezing or crashing. It was a great game. I decided to play the seek and sprint. In the tower when you get to the last item, which is a snowflake, I couldn't locate it so I clicked on the little fairy, and it crashed. "Error Access violation at 0x008F89F0 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated". I've tried 4 times to get through this scene, to no avail.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 29, 13 5:44 AM
Heya Fishies,

These access violation errors sure can be annoying .

Seeing that the game worked fine before another step that you could try is to run your game in administrator mode to make sure that it has full permissions to access everything it needs to. You can find the steps on how to set this in our help article here.

If you still find that you see this error and you have already tried the steps that have been suggested here, then please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything for you.

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 29, 13 7:44 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

These access violation errors sure can be annoying .

Seeing that the game worked fine before another step that you could try is to run your game in administrator mode to make sure that it has full permissions to access everything it needs to. You can find the steps on how to set this in our help article <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1748">here</a>.

If you still find that you see this error and you have already tried the steps that have been suggested here, then please get in touch with our <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support Team</a> so they can have a look at everything for you.

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

i tried that, (error in umlimited seek, snowflake) and i got the error access, b4 the game even opened.....we need a new build...

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 29, 13 9:21 AM
Hey there bella81762,

Thanks so much for trying and running the game as an administrator. Sorry to hear that that pesky Access Violation message is still showing up!

Since that didn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix if you haven't already. They'll be able to collect the necessary information for the developer if a fix is needed.

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by lrbrock on May 29, 13 10:23 AM
I was having a really great time, got all three keys, figured out what to do, but as soon as I went to place the keys, one of them disappeared. I have looked at every location, I have restarted my PC. I have found all gems, completed all hidden object scenes to this point, and the hint button keeps directing me to the map button. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by lrbrock on May 29, 13 10:45 AM
As soon as I posted this, the problem was fixed. Thanks.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 29, 13 10:47 AM
Isn't that how it always works, lrbrock?

Happy to hear that the problem was fixed! Hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

bfgIzara

bambi4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bambi4 on May 29, 13 12:29 PM
patskarma wrote:Game was playing pretty good until I got to the Art Room where you have to go to the desk and unlock a box and every time I have tried, the game comes up with an access error code and shuts the game down. Have installed and reinstalled and the same thing. Had no problems with the game till this point.

New laptop all up to date ,operating system windows 8, same problem as above over and over again please fix soon with this amount of complaints it surely cannot be a update issue with all our PCs

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 12:32:59 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 29, 13 3:06 PM
Hi bambi4,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Access violations can have a few different causes, and we definitely want to get to the bottom of that issue. We'll look into that, and if you'd like to help us in finding a solution, I recommend sending a Dr. Felix Report to our Tech Support Team so they can look into the details of your system and the problem. That will help them greatly in determining a cause.

Hopefully we can get you gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 29, 13 4:41 PM
NEVER...had a game on BF, that wouldn't allow me to use the Task Manager, to get out of the game, along with MANY other fishies, I had to do a hard shut down, which is NOT GOOD on our computers, sorry but to me GAMES that are this bad, and can DAMAGE our property, SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED.

I was at the begining, did the HO scene, collected the jewels, did my first magic wand lesson, and all of a sudden I noticed during the chit chat, that my cursor was sticking, and the speech bubbles were a little dimmer, than I had to wait, and it would catch up, so I switched the cursor, didn't help, than I clicked the exit, since it said the area was complete, and BOOM got a total F-R-O-Z-E-N screen, couldn't do jack ...tried Task Manager wouldn't work, tried escape button, wouldn't work, sat there for 15 miutes because I HATE to do a hard shut down, but finally had no other option.

YES...my drivers are up to date, BF customer service just checked that out, and told me everything was up to date, uninstalling and reinstalling is POINTLESS, doesn't help a thing, along with running in adminstrative mode .
HELLO...usually I don't get angry, but when it is obvious this game is FREEZING everyones computer, well you can't really say its our computers unless you've smoked something that has obviously turned your brain into a useless sponge, come on now .
To help if you don't understand, I-T I-S T-H-E G-A-M-E..what kind of computer are YOU using, please tell me, that the freezing issue cannot be reproduced ?
PLEASE look at ALL OF US, all different computers, and they are all freezing, sure some of us have the same systems, but it is freezing on Windows XP, Windows 7 32 bit, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8, so maybe the computer that the freezing issue can't be reproduced on, has magical qualitys, because it sure can be reproduced on all of ours with no problem.

Sorry but when you have a mountain of evidence, and you keep being told its you, well that is frustrating to say the least.
I just LOVE the game and want to play it, so I did send another Dr Felix, 2nd one in 2 days..DEVELOPERS FIX YOUR FREEZING ISSUES...PLEASE .
TIP: Try using a computer that us fishies use, we don't seem to have a reproducing, problem with it freezing on US, look at the technical thread, it freezes constantly, and everywhere.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 29, 13 6:15 PM
quarlesqueen, I can understand your frustration...I am just as frustrated with the FREEZING problem. Perhaps it is the developers who are refusing to provide a fix for the game? With so many of us having this problem, and all on different computers, how can it be OUR computers that is the issue? I bought the game but have not installed it because I don't want it to crash my computer again (which happened during the demo). I am waiting patiently for a fix from the developers before installing...if there is no fix, I will ask for a refund if I can't play the game.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 30, 13 6:18 AM
Heya Fishies,

I can definitely feel how frustrating these issues must be for all of you. I would love to present you with a magic step that makes everything alright but unfortunately our means are limited through the Forums as we do not have enough information on your system to determine what could be useful.

We are aware that not all problems can be fixed with these steps so see them only as a guide to exclude the most common causes for crashes like these. For more detailed steps and investigations into these issues we would require information that we do not have available, which is why we ask you to contact our Tech Support Team. They then go on investigating all possible causes and the more they get, the faster they can forward all information to the developer and take care of getting a fix.

This can sometimes take a while as there is a lot to go through and it might not always be easy to reproduce an issue as games do get influence by software on your computer that we might not have installed.

Please be sure that your Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report are not just used to find faults on your system but they also help us to determine what could be wrong with the game that makes it crash.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer. Thanks to everyone that has gotten in touch with us already!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 6:19:37 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 30, 13 11:51 AM
according to another poster the snowflake/shovel issue is indeed a bug....anything you can do bfg to get us a patch quickly.....i have seen devs have a patch in less then a day....

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on May 30, 13 1:05 PM
HI all, same problem here, keeps freezing and crashing, "access violation", I have uninstalled and reinstalled, will wait for a fix from BigFish, til then, happy gaming!

Go to: