Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by Tomishereagain on Sep 3, 13 11:30 AM
That no mater what you will not be able to finish the game without lots of gold. I have come to terms with this and its still pretty fun to play with.

Puffaroo
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Puffaroo on Sep 5, 13 2:45 AM
That it's more fun to play if you're not obsessed with leveling as quickly as possible.

[Post New]by toniridge on Sep 5, 13 4:14 PM
Does anyone have an answer to why on level 23 I suddenly cannot access my animal pens? When I try to send Grandma in, it says "No path built here." I have tried moving/adding paths as close as possible to no avail. I can find nothing in any of the options or stores to explain what I am supposed to do. I would greatly appreciate help with this. Thanks.

[Post New]by DLS881 on Sep 14, 13 7:51 AM
toniridge wrote:Does anyone have an answer to why on level 23 I suddenly cannot access my animal pens? When I try to send Grandma in, it says "No path built here." I have tried moving/adding paths as close as possible to no avail. I can find nothing in any of the options or stores to explain what I am supposed to do. I would greatly appreciate help with this. Thanks.

It doesn't mean that you have to build a path with stones, etc. It means There is not enough room for the character to do the task. Try moving objects around. Is there anything too close to the gate of the pen?

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by player84 on Sep 15, 13 12:04 AM
I wish that I had realized sooner that carrots cost 150 silver to plant and sell for 480. Now I plant lots of carrots and I don't have worry about having money for the next upgrade.
Good Farming

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Sep 16, 13 3:35 PM
Tomishereagain wrote:That no mater what you will not be able to finish the game without lots of gold. I have come to terms with this and its still pretty fun to play with.

Not true. I played all the way through level 55 without purchasing any gold. I had 4 fully upgraded factories of each type and did every quest, except the one to purchase gold. I ended with 570 gold coins and 17 million+ silver coins. It took almost 3 months, but it is very doable if you are patient and spend your gold wisely.

[Post New]by julie_moffett on Sep 17, 13 6:33 PM
At what level are you able to go fishing?

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Sep 18, 13 6:17 AM
julie_moffett wrote:At what level are you able to go fishing?

You need to build the lake first which is available at level 32.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 22, 13 1:54 PM
Mellowfuzz, I'd sure be interested in knowing how you got so much gold in addition to doing all the quests. Right now I have the quest to make the walnut ice cream, but the walnut trees cost gold, which I'm a little hesitant to do that or use gold to buy off the quest.

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Sep 30, 13 3:28 PM
gtminer wrote:Mellowfuzz, I'd sure be interested in knowing how you got so much gold in addition to doing all the quests. Right now I have the quest to make the walnut ice cream, but the walnut trees cost gold, which I'm a little hesitant to do that or use gold to buy off the quest.

Mostly from exchanging kitchen collections. Each collection gives you three gold coins. You also get one gold coin for each day you play after the fifth day, two gold coins for each achievement, and two gold coins for leveling up most levels. I know I collected more than 400 kitchen collections. It took me almost three months, so I got about 80 coins from daily bonuses. I only did two unlimited energy sessions. I got most of my energy from creating and zapping thousands of butterflies. I did not spend any gold on upgrading animal pens,on skipping quests, or on unneeded classes. I trained Jennifer fully in everything and the husband fully in building. Everything else I just trained to silver level. That meant I didn't get the last achievement for taking 64 classes, but it would have cost more gold than I would have received.

I did do all of the quests, except buying silver, but I would not recommend it. I would recommend skipping the quests that require single plants that cost gold and doing the quests that require trees or shrubs that cost gold. I found that most of the tree and shrub products were used in later quests.

[Post New]by paulas90gmc on Oct 2, 13 1:31 PM
Can somebody help me??? I've been playing this game for months, completed most of the quests and still no husband, grandpa or grandma. Cannot build any buildings or repair railroad tracks. What am I doing wrong???

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Oct 2, 13 5:33 PM
paulas90gmc wrote:Can somebody help me??? I've been playing this game for months, completed most of the quests and still no husband, grandpa or grandma. Cannot build any buildings or repair railroad tracks. What am I doing wrong???

To get the husband, you must complete the tomato quest. Jennifer suggests this quest. You must have more open quest slots than people with light bulbs and Jennifer must be idle. Work off whatever quests you have (or skip with gold) and let Jennifer rest. Do not click on anyone other than Jennifer until you get the husband. Once you have the husband, do not click on anyone other than Jennifer or the husband until you have grandma and grandpa.

[Post New]by tnbazz on Oct 10, 13 11:45 AM
toniridge wrote:Does anyone have an answer to why on level 23 I suddenly cannot access my animal pens? When I try to send Grandma in, it says "No path built here." I have tried moving/adding paths as close as possible to no avail. I can find nothing in any of the options or stores to explain what I am supposed to do. I would greatly appreciate help with this. Thanks.

It means something is blocking the path to the pens. It could be some debris, or another object. When you click on the pen, it should highlight in red everything that is in the way of getting to that pen.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Oct 13, 13 8:14 AM
I don't know if this works with gold coins or not but I had used all my gold to speed things up so I decided to start over. Before I did I sold everything and had to complete enough achievements to get the 20 gold to start over. I had a little over 65k silver. When I restarted I lost all progress but the silver carried over. If gold does the same thing and your willing to take the time restarting would be a way to make extra gold and silver.

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Oct 18, 13 10:06 AM
I know its not just me, but did the developers not realise we could count?! Never buy more than 5 energy at a time.
7 gems = 5 energy
15 gems = 10 energy
40 gems = 20 energy

So you can either spend 28 gems or 40 gems to get 20 energy! Guess which option I use!

[Post New]by susan1984 on Oct 20, 13 11:18 AM
HatesTimers wrote:One thing I wish I had known at the start was about the cursed hen. Fairly early on that guy near the railroad tracks who looks like a used car salesman will give a quest that gives you a chick in exchange for 300 silver. That chick is cursed, and grows up to be a cursed hen. It is impossible to sell or get rid of. You can avoid getting it if you don't talk to that guy until after you buy enough chicks to fill the bird pen. Then he can't add the cursed chick.
lol i dident have a prob with it

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 11:19:49 AM PST

[Post New]by alex6108 on Oct 26, 13 9:31 PM
Totally agree! I cannot get grandma her either! Did you get her?

[Post New]by Alanasmom2203 on Oct 28, 13 5:41 PM
If you go into your collections in the Kitchen Collection if you have everything but the iron you can buy the iron for ONE gold coin and then turn in the collection to get THREE gold coins. You lose one gold coin but gain two more, seems worth it to me.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 29, 13 6:51 AM
Peta52 wrote:I know its not just me, but did the developers not realise we could count?! Never buy more than 5 energy at a time.
7 gems = 5 energy
15 gems = 10 energy
40 gems = 20 energy

So you can either spend 28 gems or 40 gems to get 20 energy! Guess which option I use!

When I have to harvest and replant 50-100 crops I always go with the 10 energy. I don't mind losing a few blue bottles (I have over 7000) to only click 10 times instead of 20. I'm too stingy to use the 20 energy, though

[Post New]by Glendonsmom on Oct 29, 13 9:00 AM
This seems to be the most read forum so I will ask my question here. Does anyone know how to get access to the map, my cities will not work, comes up "to many quests on the farm" . I am on level 19, I have about 6 or 7 cities that I should be any to click on but every time it just comes up "to many quests on the farm" .

Go to: