ok afan o I will try that thanks

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:Developer Corner

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 11:17 AM
Hi
When you get pincers use them on the painting to remove all nails then (cellar)you will see drawing with secret place in stairs in the house .
Go to the house and zoom in first stair There is a secret place . You will need crowbar to open that stair. There is two HOS upstairs still in the Bedroom and Attic. then you will have crowbar to open stair.But first you have to open painting in cellar to activate those HOS on 1st floor.

thanks,

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 11:20:46 AM PST

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 11:20 AM
Hi,
For telephone pole you will have to cross the lake with boat first and get stair peaces in the carriages first.

cheers!

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on May 29, 13 11:38 AM
I did open the painting with the pincers and saw the drawing behind it of the stairs. Went to stairs and saw the hidden compartment. Went upstairs, but no HOGS anywhere.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on May 29, 13 11:44 AM
I found out the trick to keeping your hammer ... to be used on the cellar door. This is no way means that you should do this, I just happened to be bored today due to rainy conditions and no where to go ...

So ... after 3 profiles started ... when you receive the hammer, notice the cellar door has 3 nails in it, ONLY ... hit 2 of the nails, the 3rd nail will automatically pull out on its own, the hammer returns to your inventory.

I think the dev's should pay close attention to this, I came so close to asking for a refund, in no way should someone have to go through this, ordinarily I wouldn't ... but as I said, I'm bored today

Judy

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 29, 13 12:31 PM
Thank you so much Judy,

You help me a lot to find what is going on there Because I didn't reproduce that issue on my side. This will help me to resolve issue .

my apologies and thanks again

Afan

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 29, 13 2:16 PM
afan_o wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:
drankin wrote:Early in the game, the hint button directs me to open a HOG in the living room, but there is no such space. No sparkles, nothing to click. The hint directs me to just left of the chair. I've tried moving to other rooms and returning, but still nothing.

I'm having the same problem in the 1st. Bedroom. The hint tells me to open a HOG scene near the lamp but there is nothing there. No sparkles, no HOG scene, nothing. I have hammer, light bulb and battery (charged) in inventory, but nothing interacts, so now I'm stuck. If I go anywhere else in the game the hint button directs me back to the bedroom again.
I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled as suggested but that did'nt do anything. So this is yet another game I'm unable to finish and I'm getting really fedup. It's just one of many just recently.
My computer is all up to date.

Hi ,

If you have charged battery in inventory that means that you already finish the HOS in Bedroom first time. so put the battery in Metal Detector. Go to cellar scene and on the table on the right side you will find metal detector .Put the battery in and pickup metal detector . Also did you find secret place behind the map in cellar. If not use hammer to find that place. After that yo can progress to lake side ...

cheers!

I too have done all the above. I have the same things in inventory (acid, metal detector and hammer. I've done everything suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling. I still can't get the HOG scene in bedroom. I've found 4 gnomes, fireplace, toilet,behind map and grave. I have put tar on boat and oar on boat. But hint still takes me back to the bedroom and tells me to 'open HO scene' and circles at side of bed but there is nothing there. I've already been there and light is lit and I opened box under window. I've done HOG at small shed but can't get the bag on telegraph pole.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on May 29, 13 5:56 PM
Hi Afan,

Thanks for starting this thread. It's great to be able to give direct feedback to the developer.

First, I'd like to say that this is a great first release. The best part for me is the storyline. I was interested in continuing the game right away. It drew me in.

My suggestions for the next game would be to upgrade the game mechanics and graphics. Specifically, the game mechanics are glitchy with a few access errors, jerky movement between scenes at times, and sometimes slow loading between scenes. The graphics in the HOS look like they are cut and paste pictures, not integrated scenes.

One thing I would like to have seen is more development of a story of each dwarf instead of just finding them (I haven't finished the game yet, so maybe this comes later on). I like the mining/dwarves connection, cute.

As someone else said in this thread, I like that the story is built on human shortcomings rather than supernatural forces. My gosh, who needs fantasy when reality is often more compelling and gruesome.

Hope to see more games from you. Wishing you and your family happiness and success.

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by katelynn58 on May 30, 13 7:03 AM
Hi,

First let me say... except for the glitches, I have enjoyed the imagination of this game story and design. It has crashed several times (about 4), but usually a reboot of the game allowed me to proceed. However, I believe I'm stuck pretty good where I am now.

I believe my problem is with the tar tape. I was able to repair the boat and get to the cemetery without using it and now it is left in my inventory. I am stuck at the last part of the game. My inventory has the gun, 6 bullets, a rasp, and of course the tar tape. When I try to use the hint system, it believes I still need help with the boat, but I'm way past that, and it will not let me apply the tape at this point anyway. So the hint system keeps me going to the cemetery island and back to the boat.

I've looked around for other things to do to help me move along to finish the game in spite of the tar tape, but there doesn't seem to be anything unless you can help point me in the right direction. I hate giving up, but if it involves creating a new user name, at this stage I would have to grieve not knowing the ending.

Keep at it! There may be only two of you, but you're on the right tract!
Katelynn

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 30, 13 8:23 AM
katelynn58 wrote:Hi,

First let me say... except for the glitches, I have enjoyed the imagination of this game story and design. It has crashed several times (about 4), but usually a reboot of the game allowed me to proceed. However, I believe I'm stuck pretty good where I am now.

I believe my problem is with the tar tape. I was able to repair the boat and get to the cemetery without using it and now it is left in my inventory. I am stuck at the last part of the game. My inventory has the gun, 6 bullets, a rasp, and of course the tar tape. When I try to use the hint system, it believes I still need help with the boat, but I'm way past that, and it will not let me apply the tape at this point anyway. So the hint system keeps me going to the cemetery island and back to the boat.

I've looked around for other things to do to help me move along to finish the game in spite of the tar tape, but there doesn't seem to be anything unless you can help point me in the right direction. I hate giving up, but if it involves creating a new user name, at this stage I would have to grieve not knowing the ending.

Keep at it! There may be only two of you, but you're on the right tract!
Katelynn

Thank you Katelynn for kind words ! We are really excited .

Yes there is a still few glitches left after 8 months of testing , that really killing me
I am really sorry. Tar tape is not important anymore . But because of that hint system stack on that place. We will fix all that small glitches in next update.

If you have: gun, 6 bullets, a rasp . The question is did you find cipher wheels in the stair in the house. There is third wheel in the cave , go to the right from waterfall pass the wooden bridge and there is a little metal door . You have to find 5 peaces to open that door. Than you will pick up third wheel.

cheers!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 30, 13 10:56 AM
Hi Everyone !

You can find Walkthrough on our (Developer Official) site . Just type our company name in search engine and you will find Walkthrough on main page.
You can find company name on second splash screen in the game.

cheers !

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on May 30, 13 11:40 AM
[b][i]Hello there love the game wish to complete it. Right now I am stuck in a bedroom hint is saying to do a HOS but one is not available. In my inventory I have the claw hammer and a bottle of acid - help please!

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 30, 13 12:44 PM
Maryish wrote:[b][i]Hello there love the game wish to complete it. Right now I am stuck in a bedroom hint is saying to do a HOS but one is not available. In my inventory I have the claw hammer and a bottle of acid - help please!

Hi I can't see what you have done already. Can you try to search in Walkthrough . There is a info about Walkthrough few posts above .

Did you find pincers in HOS in the tool house at lakeside?
If answer is yes , go to cellar and remove nails from painting with pincers.
That should activate HOS in Bedroom and attic .

Thank you very much,

Afan

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 12:48:41 PM PST

[Post New]by mrbillaz on May 30, 13 3:13 PM
Anyone else having problems with missing HOS? I have restarted several times and hit missing HOS in the Living Room and the Mail box. Strange!

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by katelynn58 on May 30, 13 8:42 PM
"Thank you Katelynn for kind words ! We are really excited .

Yes there is a still few glitches left after 8 months of testing , that really killing me
I am really sorry. Tar tape is not important anymore . But because of that hint system stack on that place. We will fix all that small glitches in next update.

If you have: gun, 6 bullets, a rasp . The question is did you find cipher wheels in the stair in the house. There is third wheel in the cave , go to the right from waterfall pass the wooden bridge and there is a little metal door . You have to find 5 peaces to open that door. Than you will pick up third wheel.

cheers!"

I had found all the cipher wheels and completed that puzzle except for the key, which I have not yet found. I also need to figure out what to do with the code for gold and Number 1.
Other than these two tasks, I'm not sure what is left. What do I do with the rasp? Where is the key for the cipher wheel? If I knew these, maybe I could move forward from the circular hint at the boat.

Thank you for responding.

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 8:44:03 PM PST

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 31, 13 12:31 AM
I too have done all the above. I have the same things in inventory (acid, metal detector and hammer.
I've done everything suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling. I still can't get the HOG scene in bedroom.
I've found 4 gnomes, fireplace, toilet, behind map and grave. I have put tar patch on the boat and oar on boat. But hint still takes me back to the bedroom and tells me to 'open HO scene' and circles at the side of bed but there is nothing there. I've already been there and light is lit and I have opened the box under the window. I've done the HOG at the small shed but can't get the bag on the telegraph pole.

I would really like to finish this game, and like the concept of the game but unless a HOG appears in the bedroom I'm stuck.

Is there going to be a fix because I'm getting very frustrated about not getting an answer and it is very obvious that with all the reported glitches something is clearly not working.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 31, 13 2:16 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:I too have done all the above. I have the same things in inventory (acid, metal detector and hammer.
I've done everything suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling. I still can't get the HOG scene in bedroom.
I've found 4 gnomes, fireplace, toilet, behind map and grave. I have put tar patch on the boat and oar on boat. But hint still takes me back to the bedroom and tells me to 'open HO scene' and circles at the side of bed but there is nothing there. I've already been there and light is lit and I have opened the box under the window. I've done the HOG at the small shed but can't get the bag on the telegraph pole.

I would really like to finish this game, and like the concept of the game but unless a HOG appears in the bedroom I'm stuck.

Is there going to be a fix because I'm getting very frustrated about not getting an answer and it is very obvious that with all the reported glitches something is clearly not working.

Hi elvenstardragon,

I am sorry if I didn't answer you on your previous question , I miss that post.
I am not sure did I ask you before , did you find pincers in the HOS in the tool box at the lakeside. You have to remove nails from the painting near the table in the cellar. That action should activate two HOGS on the 1st floor , in the Bedroom and attic.

If you did everything from above and you still can't enter that HOS , then there is something went wrong really.In that case please wait for fix , we are here for you and we will fix all that issues soon.

Thanks, and I am sorry for inconvenience,

Afan

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 31, 13 10:08 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:I didn't post this in the tech problem area since I didn't buy it from BFG. But, the developer might like to know...

I went to play this morning, the game began way to where I had been a few hours of play ago. Nothing I had done yesterday had been saved at all.
My computer did not freeze or shut down, or anything, I exited the game as usual, from the main menu.
Such a nice game, different and more difficult, but I won't start it all over again to see if it happens again. I was too far into it.

Hi I am not sure what version of game do you have , but it looks to me like other players here from Big Fish didn't have that issue. That is strange . Game could place your starting position sometimes somewhere but you shouldn't never loose any other progress data.

best wishes,

Afan

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 31, 13 3:18 PM
afan_o wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:I too have done all the above. I have the same things in inventory (acid, metal detector and hammer.

Hi elvenstardragon,

I am sorry if I didn't answer you on your previous question , I miss that post.
I am not sure did I ask you before , did you find pincers in the HOS in the tool box at the lakeside. You have to remove nails from the painting near the table in the cellar. That action should activate two HOGS on the 1st floor , in the Bedroom and attic.

If you did everything from above and you still can't enter that HOS , then there is something went wrong really.In that case please wait for fix , we are here for you and we will fix all that issues soon.

Thanks, and I am sorry for inconvenience,

Afan

Yes I've done the pincers and removed the nails from the painting. I guess I'll have to wait for the fix. I hope it won't be too long as I'm dying to see what happens. I was really enjoying this game. It's different to other games and quite refreshing.

katelynn58
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by katelynn58 on May 31, 13 7:51 PM
Still waiting on a response to my questions after your first response to me please. Thank you....

katelynn58 wrote:"Thank you Katelynn for kind words ! We are really excited .

cheers!"

I had found all the cipher wheels and completed that puzzle except for the key, which I have not yet found. I also need to figure out what to do with the code for gold and Number 1.
Other than these two tasks, I'm not sure what is left. What do I do with the rasp? Where is the key for the cipher wheel? If I knew these, maybe I could move forward from the circular hint at the boat.

Thank you for responding.

Go to: