burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Post any Namariel Legends: Iron Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 28, 13 5:59 PM
pmwright610 wrote:Funny, I was thinking how I have not had any game problems for quite some time. This game however changed that. I downloaded the demo, hit play, and got a black screen with a video not supported line. Could not even back out of this screen and had to shut the computer down. I already upgraded the video card, etc. but this game just does not work for me. And to boot, the Big Fish site has me signing in every time I exit and try to re-enter the site. What a pain.

You might want to try uninstalling both the game and the BFG game manager. You'll have to uninstall the game manager from Programs & Features (or Add/Remove Programs) in the Control Panel. Then reboot, go to BFG's website, sign in, and download the game again. The game manager will reinstall automatically when you download the game and your purchases will still be listed, as usual.

I know that using some of the features of the game manager will sign me out of the website when I use them, so maybe the game changed some of your settings in the GM and it's happening to you, too.

[Post New]by athirteen on Jun 28, 13 10:20 PM
Hi Baikal, thanks for your suggestions. I have the most recent driver for my Dell Inspiron, and have the resolution at x 1366 x 768 (the highest). Any more ideas for the incompatibility?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 5:24 AM
HI folks,

As you sound like you are up to date and have tried the suggestions I have already offered, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums because without knowing a little more about you set up, it is difficult to offer advice on aspect ratios and optimal resolutions.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Jun 30, 13 9:14 PM
I got a strange screen with a white background and could not see what there. It is confusing as I couldn't see the objects so don't know what to do. May try again later but not sure. My reload it.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jun 30, 13 10:48 PM
I haven't seen anyone complain of the problem I'm encountering; the game regularly halts i.e. freezes for a second (or sometimes more) & then continues. It's like the game is hiccuping!

We've changed the game's compatibility, disabled visual themes & desktop composition. I'm also running it as administrator. We've also altered the graphics profile for this game but nothing changes the 'Hiccups'.

I asked my son for assistance (he's an IT tech) & after doing the above things (plus some other things I couldn't follow), he told me he believes there's a glitch in the game programming.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've got an Asus G75; OS is Win 7 64bit.

I'd like to enjoy this game as I bought without doing a demo due to it's glowing reviews but it's very frustrating having it freeze like that.

K

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 1, 13 1:05 PM
Kamana_29, I don't have an Asus, but I played on Windows 7 64-bit with only one small glitch. The cursor image froze on the screen, though you could tell it was still moving, because the inventory would pop up when I moved the mouse that way. However, this happened only once and when I quit (had to Alt+F4) and went back into the game, it played fine.

I've read through most of the posts in this thread and it seems that most of the people who are having serious issues with the game bought the CE from the publisher, not the SE offered by BFG. BFG's edition seems pretty stable.

I'm not sure what your son tried, but from what you describe, it almost sounds like your PC is trying to run something else while you are playing and that program is being a memory hog. Sometimes antivirus programs can do that. More often, a virus is bogging down the system. I'd run a thorough virus scan with whatever AV you have installed - be sure to update the AV definitions, first. Then go online and download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (it's free & excellent - www.malwarebytes.org). Once you're sure your PC is clean, try the game again. If the game still acts up, try playing it with your AV temporarily disabled (be sure to sign off the Internet first).

If you haven't, you might also want to try updating your Flash player, DirectX and graphics drivers. Check to see how full your hard drive is - you should have at least 20% free for things to run smoothly. Check how much RAM you have and be sure it's over the minimum system requirements for the game.

If none of that helps or if you just want to cut to the chase, then I suggest you contact BFG's customer service and send them a Dr. Felix report. They can probably tell you what's going on fairly quickly.

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Jul 1, 13 2:53 PM
Hi Fishies

I am having issues in the first scene. i have a Compaq xp. the screen comes up black on the bottom with items scattered around incomplete. the top of the screen has a picture with more scattered items incomplete. i have to click around to find unseen objects to continue the game. this has not happened in the second screen. without a walkthru I don't know where to find these items. I dl'd the SE hoping that it will be different then the CE. Also I did this after the fix.

don't know what to do!

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 2:55:19 PM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 1, 13 7:06 PM
burf90 wrote:Kamana_29, I don't have an Asus, but I played on Windows 7 64-bit with only one small glitch. The cursor image froze on the screen, though you could tell it was still moving, because the inventory would pop up when I moved the mouse that way. However, this happened only once and when I quit (had to Alt+F4) and went back into the game, it played fine.

I've read through most of the posts in this thread and it seems that most of the people who are having serious issues with the game bought the CE from the publisher, not the SE offered by BFG. BFG's edition seems pretty stable.

I'm not sure what your son tried, but from what you describe, it almost sounds like your PC is trying to run something else while you are playing and that program is being a memory hog. Sometimes antivirus programs can do that. More often, a virus is bogging down the system. I'd run a thorough virus scan with whatever AV you have installed - be sure to update the AV definitions, first. Then go online and download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (it's free & excellent - www.malwarebytes.org). Once you're sure your PC is clean, try the game again. If the game still acts up, try playing it with your AV temporarily disabled (be sure to sign off the Internet first).

If you haven't, you might also want to try updating your Flash player, DirectX and graphics drivers. Check to see how full your hard drive is - you should have at least 20% free for things to run smoothly. Check how much RAM you have and be sure it's over the minimum system requirements for the game.

If none of that helps or if you just want to cut to the chase, then I suggest you contact BFG's customer service and send them a Dr. Felix report. They can probably tell you what's going on fairly quickly.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my son also said the same thing in that he wondered if it was 'bloatware' hogging things. He asked me to look in my system tray but I'm not running many background apps, I think my AVP is biggest user. Flash Player, DirectX & graphics are up to date & I have plenty of room on my HDDs. I think 16Gb DRAM is enough for this game

I'm going to try running the game with my AVP temporarily stopped to see what happens.

K

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 1, 13 8:02 PM
Kamana_29 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my son also said the same thing in that he wondered if it was 'bloatware' hogging things. He asked me to look in my system tray but I'm not running many background apps, I think my AVP is biggest user. Flash Player, DirectX & graphics are up to date & I have plenty of room on my HDDs. I think 16Gb DRAM is enough for this game

I'm going to try running the game with my AVP temporarily stopped to see what happens.

K

I'm actually a little more suspicious that it might be a trojan or malware of some sort that you picked up. Sadly, you don't just get them in e-mail attachments anymore. Now you can pick up some nasty malware or viruses just by going to your favorite sites and clicking the wrong link. If your son is in IT, though, he very likely already ran a virus check, but I'd ask him just to make certain you covered that one.

If it does turn out to be your AV hogging up the system resources, you can usually find a setting in the AV control panel that lets you change how many system resources your AV has access to versus other programs you're trying to run.

It sounds like you have plenty of RAM and other resources available, but this is a 3.3GB game with a minimum RAM requirement of 2GB, so it's a hog all on its own. Interesting game, though. I hope you get to enjoy it!

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 8:03:48 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 1, 13 8:15 PM
I bought the CE from the developer today, July 1, 2013, and there is a progression blocker near the end of the regular game.

Spoiler:

When you are in the Iron Lord’s place and you go up to the room with the bridges and go to the room on the right, you find Davinchino chained and guarded by a mechanical dog. When you free Davinchino you should be able to zoom in on the table and take a Brush and a Valve Handle and crack open the Acorn. In the SE game this works but in the CE version you can’t zoom in on the table. You need the Brush, the Valve Handle and what is inside the Acorn to move on in the game. So you can’t finish the regular game and you can’t access the bonus game.

I used this work around to play the bonus game. Since I have the SE version of the game and I finished the regular game, I created a profile in the CE with the same name as one I had in the SE. Then I copied the SE profile that had completed the regular game into the CE version of the game. I was then able to play the bonus game.

It is amazing that the developer has not fixed the CE version after this long.

Update: I contacted the game developer's customer service and they sent a link for me to download the game again. The new downloaded version does not have the progression blocker. It works fine. But I had to play the game again to that point, which is almost the end of the game.

Why would they continue to sell the broken version when they have a new one? It was a total waste of time to uninstall, re-download and replay the game.

Edited on 07/02/2013 at 8:50:21 AM PST

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 2, 13 5:09 PM
I have run into what appears to be a bug if tasks are not done in the correct sequence.

I put my ticket in the cable car BEFORE setting the switches. Yes - I am certain they are correct. I have watched LizzieK's video and studied my journal. I have tried many, many times.

My ticket looks crumpled but I cannot get it out.
Even the hint tells me nothing except - "there is nothing to do here."

So folks - set your switches first! Glad this was a freebie for me - don't know if I'll have the patience to start over.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 2, 13 7:23 PM
JessF,

I hope you try it again. I have played the game all the way through 4 times, including the bonus chapter in the CE. You are not too far from the beginning of the game, if you decide to start over.

I ran across a glitch on the security card where the chain of colored balls came apart. I even posted that glitch in my walkthrough video so people could see the glitch and maybe the developer would fix it.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 2, 13 10:39 PM
burf90 said
I'm actually a little more suspicious that it might be a trojan or malware of some sort that you picked up. Sadly, you don't just get them in e-mail attachments anymore. Now you can pick up some nasty malware or viruses just by going to your favorite sites and clicking the wrong link. If your son is in IT, though, he very likely already ran a virus check, but I'd ask him just to make certain you covered that one.

If it does turn out to be your AV hogging up the system resources, you can usually find a setting in the AV control panel that lets you change how many system resources your AV has access to versus other programs you're trying to run.

It sounds like you have plenty of RAM and other resources available, but this is a 3.3GB game with a minimum RAM requirement of 2GB, so it's a hog all on its own. Interesting game, though. I hope you get to enjoy it!

I run a 'full scan' weekly so I'm sure I haven't picked any unwanted visitors.

I looked at Trend Micro console & can't see any setting to allow me to change the system resources - I know what you mean though as I remember it having something like that a few years ago.

Thanks for all your help; I've contacted CS with my problem & sent them a Dr Felix. I'll see what suggestions they have to offer

K

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 3, 13 5:50 AM
beaudaciousdldy wrote:Hi Fishies

I am having issues in the first scene. i have a Compaq xp. the screen comes up black on the bottom with items scattered around incomplete. the top of the screen has a picture with more scattered items incomplete. i have to click around to find unseen objects to continue the game. this has not happened in the second screen. without a walkthru I don't know where to find these items. I dl'd the SE hoping that it will be different then the CE. Also I did this after the fix.

don't know what to do!
I will send you the link to the walkthrough in a PM.

I hope you get to play and enjoy the game.

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 5:50:48 AM PST

[Post New]by katnap123 on Jul 8, 13 7:22 PM
I too have had problems with the game crashing. I sent a Felix report, updated my video drivers. That really seemed to help. Unfortunately, it just crashed again, and deleted my player again. Not going for a third time just to see the ending. It could be on my end, but my other games are okay. I'll just move on. I've never got a "bad" game before, and I should have known better than to purchase a game before the kinks were worked out. It was a really good game up to that point. To be fair, I just wont review it. Have fun all

[Post New]by cunicu2012 on Jul 10, 13 4:09 PM
Installed this game July 8. I put the growth hormone in the flask and put the flask in the machine and now it tells me it cannot move until i install the flask. I cannot remove the flask.

[Post New]by lrmc112060 on Jul 13, 13 9:07 AM
Hello all,

This game is very fun and it's frustrating that I can only play for about a half hour before the screen goes black. I can still hear the music playing and when I use the start button to toggle back to the desktop and then toggle back to the game I can play for another 2 minutes before it goes black again. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game from the game manager and updating the NVIDIA card driver. Other than the issue I've just related the game plays perfectly and I don't have this issue with any other game. I've alerted BFG tech support and included a Dr Felix report but I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone else have this problem? If so have you found a fix for it yet?

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Driver Version: 6.14.0013.0783 (English)
Drive: C:
Free Space: 86.6 GB
Total Space: 165.3 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: MAXTOR STM3320620AS

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Aug 3, 13 9:42 PM
Irmc, I am having the same problem. I just started playing the game and after a while, the screen goes black but I can still hear the music playing. I couldn't even get out by pressing ctrl/alt/del....nothing worked and I had to reboot to get out. I am so pissed. I should not have bought this game because I had a glitch during the demo as well. I am angry with myself for not trusting my initial instincts not to buy this game.
Now I am so angry I don't know what to do.

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Aug 27, 13 9:47 AM
I purchased Namariel Legends: iron Lord from BFG, got an error message before it downloaded all the way, tried to uninstall per BFG instructions, but got an 'unable to uninstall' message. The game remains in my queue attempting to download 'on its own'. It's there every time I boot up and enter the game manager. Now I cannot access online customer support or any other sort of customer support, so I'm hoping you will please help. What is going on at BFG that online chat isn't available to game club members anymore? Thank you for any help.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 27, 13 11:36 AM
I can't get the propeller puzzle to play. I have all the propellers on the console, but cannot choose any of them. I get the hand cursor on the switches, but only there, and of course can't flick the switches. any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or is this a glitch, and if so, has anyone else experienced it?

Go to: