Re:Welcome to Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery

[Post New]by JolietBandit on Oct 5, 13 1:39 PM
Not certain if this was already asked, and I'm just not looking in the right places. I want to add certain friends, but have absolutely no idea how to search for them. Any help would be appreciated for a noob here!

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Oct 5, 13 2:19 PM
JolietBandit wrote:Not certain if this was already asked, and I'm just not looking in the right places. I want to add certain friends, but have absolutely no idea how to search for them. Any help would be appreciated for a noob here!

Hi JolietBandit,
The best place to start is the DM101 stickied thread, there is a lot of info there. If you then have more specific questions, please post them, and a fishie will swim by sometime and answer them. There is at least one other thread talking about neighbors so it may have relevant info also.

[Post New]by Jaadin on Oct 6, 13 12:39 PM
I have received 3 gifts of. coins The problem is after I accept them. They do not add to my account. And shortly after I accept them they reappear as new gifts. These are the only 3this happens to. Any suggestions? Thanks

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Oct 6, 13 1:28 PM
Jaadin wrote:I have received 3 gifts of. coins The problem is after I accept them. They do not add to my account. And shortly after I accept them they reappear as new gifts. These are the only 3this happens to. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Jaadin - this appears to be a glitch. I have had the same problem, and have already submitted a ticket. The only thing to do now, is to wait for BF to fix this problem. I know this doesn't solve your problem, but you are not alone.

[Post New]by Jaadin on Oct 6, 13 5:22 PM
Thank you snoopy!

bud22_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bud22_ on Oct 7, 13 5:07 PM
I have some questions. First, the attractions are taking extremely long to get to Summon. In the bottom where choose them, does it tell you how long it will take to appear and what it pays? Second, I don't know how to use the gifts that folks send to me? They are not added to account when I click on them.

I also think that it is quite expensive to add more sections!

LOVE LOVE this game.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Oct 7, 13 6:05 PM
Hi bud22,

There is a small "i" at the top right corner of each item's description. When you tap the "i" a small info window will appear for that item. Summoning time can be found there. And yes, patience is a very handy virtue to have for this game.

When you receive silver or energy, it should be immediately added to your existing total. For actual items, they will go into your inventory, shown with the suitcase tab. You can set them into your garden or sell them back directly from your inventory by clicking the item's small $ icon.

There is a whole lot of useful information to be found in the stickied thread, Dark Manor 101, and the many other threads in this forum. If you determine that your game really isn't working properly, then you should contact Customer Service via tiny print at the bottom of this page.

nano0623
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nano0623 on Oct 15, 13 5:18 AM
yes, the land expansion is too high for such a small place. I think its ridiculous. Seriously, you get a small area and 1700.00 gold and then 2300 hundred gold, and there is no easy way to earn gold unless you buy. So to get two pieces of land I have to spend 400.00.. REALLY? this game sucks and because I refuse to buy any more for this game I cant do anything but visit people because my viles are filled and waiting for juju. ITS A JOKE AND I HOPE YOU FIX THIS.. I WONT BUT ANOTHER BF GAME.. 400.00 to but two small areas!!! It sickens me that you cant lower land expansion and the cost of gold. I was a great buyer of bf games but no more.. And then to buy something and it takes a week to be allowed to use it.. how about I pay you in a week as well. Disgusted.. and of course no one will respond

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 15, 13 6:48 AM
Just because vials are filled does not mean that you can't keep playing a scene. You can, and it's a "more fun" way to make silver so you can buy land.

Edited on 10/15/2013 at 9:46:49 PM PST

[Post New]by M3n3t3 on Oct 17, 13 4:42 PM
Why can't I collect my gifts of maximum power in the gift center

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 18, 13 10:20 PM
M3n3t3 wrote:Why can't I collect my gifts of maximum power in the gift center

You might be at 100 already. The way this works is that the game builds energy up to 50. That is 100% energy when you level up (XP). You can then pick up gifts from your neighbors up to 100.

As you approach 100, your gifts may look like they are decreasing. If you play a few scenes the gifts will return to their actual value.

ETA: from the Dark Manor 101 thread->
Energy is replenished by approx. 1 energy point every 3 minutes, up to 50. You can get energy from gifts sent to you. You can collect Energy gifts up to a maximum of 100 on your indicator. As you are approaching 100, Energy gifts values display a number telling you what they are currently worth. For example, if you are at 99 they all display a 1. If you still collect the gift, it does NOT remain in your list with the points remaining.

Edited on 10/19/2013 at 9:19:08 AM PST

[Post New]by M3n3t3 on Oct 20, 13 12:26 PM
I have had 167 energy points posted?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 21, 13 3:27 PM
Yes, you can do that by visiting neighbors or actually buying energy with gold but you can't do it with gifts.

This type of basic info is in the DM 101 thread if that helps.

[Post New]by ilmacf on Oct 25, 13 11:27 AM
How do I buy gold with my BF membership discount? I have done it before but now it directs me to an Apple purchase.

kray1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kray1 on Oct 25, 13 6:54 PM
new update-love what you've done with the place!

[Post New]by sparklesdevore on Oct 25, 13 8:44 PM
The maintenance today has my game all screwed up. I cannot log in and states that I need to pick a server. Please help

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Oct 25, 13 9:22 PM
sparklesdevore wrote:The maintenance today has my game all screwed up. I cannot log in and states that I need to pick a server. Please help

The mods have posted in a few other threads, saying to pick the Production server, hope that works.

[Post New]by Katigrrl on Oct 25, 13 10:03 PM
Hi, love playing, but just updated the new halloween one and can't get passed load screen. It shows yellow boxes and asks to pick a server. Help.
Katigrrl

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 27, 13 10:20 AM
ilmacf wrote:How do I buy gold with my BF membership discount? I have done it before but now it directs me to an Apple purchase.

The BFG in-game store operates in the PC version, where your discount applies. The Apple store operates in the iOS/iPad version. Hope this answers the question...

enfieldlady
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by enfieldlady on Oct 29, 13 4:17 AM
On the quests where it instructs you to complete a puzzle, often I have filled all the vials for that scene, yet the quest is not completed. Are we being forced to pay for the bonus scene to complete the quest? Why are there no instructions for completing quests?

Go to: