Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by tracyf212 on Jul 1, 13 12:13 PM
Hi firstly I have to say I love the game but I'm having a few problems. Firstly all my scores, my xp, juju, gold etc keep reverting to zero as I play the game. It's making it very hard to progress through the game because I have to force quit and restart the game when this happens and I never get all the scores back. I have unlocked the same mission three times and three times I've lost over 1000 juju. Is the juju puzzle mission the problem?
Secondly every time I complete one of the side missions I get my bonus but it literally disappears from the total as I play after about five minutes.
I'm also having a few connection errors but it always manages to take my energy before it freezes.
Apart from that I'm loving the game but a bit of tweaking wouldn't go amiss

[Post New]by Dingy1too on Jul 1, 13 1:20 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi there new land owners!

Dingy1too - These sound like connection issues so I would suggest closing the game completely and then turning you WiFi connection off and then back on again. Once you open the game the WiFi should reestablish itself and you should not see those issues again.

To close down the game fully, press the menu button twice in quick succession - this will cause a grey toolbar to appear at the base of the page.

Looking at that you can see all applications that are open. To close, press and hold the Dark Manor game tab until a little red minus sign appears. Then, just click in on the minus sign to close it fully.

The help article <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=362">here, </a> also details how to do that under the heading Close all applications, in case I have been confusing at all!

Please do let us know if they persist though, so we can help you with this.

bfgBaikal

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. I have restarted my entire wifi network including shutting down all computers and iDevices. This doesn't resolve the issue. I have also received this same sync error when connected on other wifi networks. The problem obviously resides with your servers or the amount of data that needs to be sync'd between the device and server. Several others are having the same issues. It is becoming unplayable, I hope you can dedicate tne necessary resources to resolve before ppl give up playing this game. It really is a great game but a stable release needs to be available soon.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 1, 13 4:00 PM
Hi Dingy1too and tracyf212,

Welcome to the forums! These are issues our team is currently look into, and we hope to provide an update for soon. When we get more information regarding those issues, we'll be sure to let you know here, and hopefully we can get those resolved quickly!

bfgSeine

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 2:43 AM
Here's one which has happened several times, in various different scenes:

Spend 15E to play H0 - in this case Dregs of the Bayou a few minutes ago.

Get to Spin screen, find I have only 1E left (need 2 to spin), wait until I have 2E, spin, get loading screen, crash out back to Mansion.

Lost 15+2E, no rewards for H0 or spin (made complete note of all stats before pressing spin, so am completely clear on that point).

Too bad, I would have had a really good score ...

iPad2 with 6.1.3

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 5:21 AM
Hi Frogmort,

Having come across them myself, I know these issues are frustrating and I assure you that the Team is working on addressing them as we speak.

As soon as we have more info, we will pop in to update you and just to let you know, while I had lots of issues yesterday, today, I am playing just fine so it is worth checking back as the problems seem to be sporadic.

Hope this helps a bit and that you get your fix of the game soon!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/02/2013 at 10:08:44 AM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 2, 13 6:35 AM
Great! Looking forward to it! Just trying to provide max info, but I guess it's another synchronisation issue, which is what's already being worked on at the moment.

Hope it goes well and thanks for keeping us updated !

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 1:09 PM
Today I had several spontaneous Juju drops
Aready submitted that to support.

Would our Game Dark Manor ever able to recalc your Juju?
I was just wondering that ....given the fact we not ony have juju built based on placed items in our yard, but also juju built based on walkers and attractions like tesla coil in nightmodus ....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 2, 13 1:23 PM
Hi L_Amour,

The work that's being done should correct any loss of items or resources, so we should be able to get that back for you. We should have some more information regarding that soon though.

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Dingy1too on Jul 2, 13 1:36 PM
Great to hear that the Synchronizing issue is being addressed. Of all the issues I encounter I have to say this has the most impact for me.

I saw the message last night and am impressed. It is nice to see a game company that not only recognizes issues but takes the time to keep their players informed. Well done and I look forward to progress.

I will continue to post issues as I come across them in hopes that this information is helpful.

Here is a quick summary of current issues.
1. Synchronizing/Network connectivity & “You logged in on another device”
2. Ectoplasm - unable to earn and earned gone & score not listed on leaderboard
3. Yard empty - probably related to connectivity issues
4. Totals drop to zero - probably related to connectivity issues
5. Neighbors gone - probably related to connectivity issues
6. Unable to scroll to oldest neighbors
7. Negative Juju
8. Negative gift limit in social section
9. Send gift but send gift button doesn’t disappear as it should so no indication gift was sent.
10. Facebook invites don’t work only game center
11. Lost energy if spin after earning enough energy for spin. Game will go directly back to Manor yard and no credit for play or spin.
12. Balances incorrect
13. Energy gift not added to energy total
14. Scrolling in social section causes game to jump around
15. Energy doesn’t refill after level up
16. Daily invite section doesn’t refresh or disappear after sending invite.

Summary of wish list:
1. Too low of daily gift limit, would like to return the favor to all those who send me gifts rather than just 9 ppl
2. Ability to invite by PlayID or Invite code rather than having to invite via Game Center.
3. Scene name displayed in score screen
4. Neighbor name displayed with visiting their yard.
5. More achievements.
6. Ability to earn gold via TapJoy
7. Decrease price of premium scenes

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 2, 13 1:40 PM
Hi Dingy1too,

Thanks for sending that over to us. Looking at the list of issues you're seeing, I believe just about all of those should be addressed with the work that's being done, so that's good news! I'll also pass along your wishlist to our team here.

As soon as we get more information, we'll be sure to let you know.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 2, 13 1:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I just received word that some work was completed that should alleviate some of the problems you were seeing with the game syncing, which should also fix a number of subsequent issues.

Hopefully that helps get the game running a bit smoother, and please let us know if your experience is improved!

bfgSeine

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 4:37 PM

Woohoo!!!!! Let's party, let's try!!!
Thanks for the message, and special thanks to the team!

Edited on 07/02/2013 at 4:38:18 PM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 7:02 PM
Thank you Big Fish, for the surprise I just found in my game!
(As announced via a message in our game yesterday)

[Post New]by annamarie86 on Jul 2, 13 7:05 PM
Glitches are not fixed on my game,still having the issue where the same goals are popping up over and over again.I have sent in all my info including screen shots like I was asked to do incident #130702-000345 and #130630-001235

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 2, 13 7:25 PM
Glitches definitely not gone on my game either .

I haven't been able to play my Level 20 game since June 26. I've been in contact with support ( incident 130628-001113). I've tried everything they have suggested, but when I try to load my existing game from Facebook - after I've deleted the game, hard reset and reinstall - it will show for 20-30 seconds, then freeze, then the game closes and sends me back to my home screen. I can play a new game no problem, until I try to link to Facebook. I'm very frustrated and sad I can't play with my GoT friends.

Please fix this soon!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 7:43 PM
I miss you Tysonsnanny! My fingers are crossed and I hope you can come back soon!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 2, 13 7:47 PM
Since today in my game the leaderboards are empty.
I'm on top of all of them, very nice but I miss my neighbours there.

[Post New]by annamarie86 on Jul 2, 13 7:50 PM
Mine is crazy one minute my neighbors are there and the next minute they are gone,I hope it is fixed soon tired of doing the same goals all over again....

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 2, 13 8:15 PM
I am not sure if this is how to post since I am new to forums. I am currently having issues with this game. It is making me play the same thing over and over again. I am doing the mission of the double scream gypsy. I have played it so much that all the bottles are almost full. When will I move on? Please help me!!

[Post New]by annamarie86 on Jul 2, 13 8:21 PM
Gamingmama wrote:I am not sure if this is how to post since I am new to forums. I am currently having issues with this game. It is making me play the same thing over and over again. I am doing the mission of the double scream gypsy. I have played it so much that all the bottles are almost full. When will I move on? Please help me!!

This is one of them that is stuck on mine too including the man eating tree and voodoo mission!!! Hope we are both up and running soon...btw I have filled all the bottles on the gypsy level lol.

Go to: