idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by idbeek on Jun 14, 13 12:10 PM
shai_one wrote:Hiya so i uninstalled the game and replayed it with a new profile all was going fine till i reached the mine again and am still having the same issue as i posted above. What do i do now please?

I was having trouble with the mine puzzle and managed to hit the 'skip puzzle' before it disappeared behind a trail of hands and cursors. Then I had to hit a circle in the center of the screen (I'm guessing that was the power button since all I could see was the circle) It allowed me to skip and move on. You might want to try that.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 14, 13 4:45 PM
I am in the engine room at the mine and have started the puzzle on the locker door. After I inserted the missing red piece I tried to swap two red pieces and things suddenly went awry. One piece is "stuck" over another red piece on the bottom row and nothing will stay in one of the squares on the top row. I have sent a message to Customer Support with a screen shot and Dr. Felix attached, but just thought I would let others know in case someone else has had a similar experience. I'll keep you updated as I get information.

Update: Between the usual wizards in the Customer Support part of the pond and a little trial and error on my own, there has been a solution of sorts achieved. My Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave were up-to-date and my video driver was current, so those were not the issue. I did discover three Windows updates that had been released since my system did an automatic update two days ago. I installed those, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and used my Iolo*System*Mechanic to defrag the RAM, hard drive and registry. After I restarted my system I was able to finish the puzzle. It still has the problem of not allowing a tile to be in one of the spaces on the top row and one space in the bottom row has two tiles stacked, one on top of another, but when I got the correct tiles in place in each row and column the lights would light up. I used the cursor to hold the correct tile in place on the square in the top row, and finally all the lights came on. Success!

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 11:36:06 AM PST

scoose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by scoose on Jun 15, 13 1:33 AM
I have read all the posts about the problem about getting into the mine, black screen, mad hand, nothing to be done there. I have tried the skip button didn't work, unistalled the game and reinstalled it, didn't work. I am not going to go down the route of creating a new prolife just in case I come across any of the other glitches that other players have come across. All in all it would appear I have purchased a game that I cannot finish until Big Fish provide a solution to the inherent problems in this game. All in all very disappointed. Will now go and play a game that will work from start to finish proving that it not my computer that is at fault.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 3:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see that many of you are still having trouble with the game.

Because I appreciate that you have tried basic troubleshooting already, I would encourage you to in touch with our friendly Tech Support.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums and also by having you contact us in this manner, it will allow us to collect info on what types of machines and set ups are experiencing issues, which will help as we work with the developer to address these problems.

I would like to thank you all in advance for working with us on this and hoping this is resolved for each of you soon!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by gootwo on Jun 15, 13 3:14 PM
I had the same issue with the shuddery cursor in the mine. I hit skip as quickly as possible, then clicked in the middle of the screen and it worked.

[Post New]by LethargicLass on Jun 16, 13 6:37 AM
I am on a PC. I am trying to do the watergame in the playground but my bucket has frozen. Everything else can move. I have logged out and back in to the game but no difference.

Edited on 06/16/2013 at 7:00:12 AM PST

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Jun 16, 13 4:57 PM
hpfaff wrote:
wheals1 wrote:I'm short one red wire for the boat engine. Where is it?

vertical wire, that is.

I am having the same problem but it is a right angle piece open on the top and the right side...I have counted all the pieces that I have of that kind and the strategy guide has one more than me...I have also gone through the puzzles (mine and the strategy guide's and I have done the exact same thing and am still missing that piece)...

Me as well with a horizontal wire. Unfortunately it also won't let me skip the game either. And the thought of starting a new profile and a new game all over again is seriously off-putting.

Wow, what a buggy game. Pity as it is otherwise quite interesting.

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 17, 13 10:01 AM
therat03 wrote:
hpfaff wrote:
wheals1 wrote:I'm short one red wire for the boat engine. Where is it?

vertical wire, that is.

I am having the same problem but it is a right angle piece open on the top and the right side...I have counted all the pieces that I have of that kind and the strategy guide has one more than me...I have also gone through the puzzles (mine and the strategy guide's and I have done the exact same thing and am still missing that piece)...

OK, so I am NOT the only one!! My missing wire is an angle, closed on top and left side. I counted my wires vs sg...yep, missing one. AND THE GAME WILL NOT LET ME SKIP THE PUZZLE!!!!

I've had no problems until now. I'm so far into the game I REEALLLYY do not want to start over..

What's up that so many people are missing ONE wire, and it's not the same..we are all missing a different shaped wire?????

PS, playing on windows 7

Edited on 06/17/2013 at 10:02:38 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 4:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

Sorry that there hasn't been a response in this thread until now but I am happy to offer some help today!

The issues that have been reported all seem to boil down to the game not functioning quite as it should.

To combat this, I would firstly recommend checking to see if you can run any graphical updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

If you know that your computer is up to date and would like some more specific advice on this, please contact our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here and will provide advice specific to your machine and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

If you have the time please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this helps, we appreciate how frustrating this must be for you all so thanks in advance for working with us.

bfgBaikal

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on Jun 18, 13 3:50 PM
I too am stuck at the mine. Just have a black screen and can't get anything to happen. The cursor mirrors itself across the screen if I click. I am sick of buying games that were working fine and then in the middle of the game they develop problems. Yes I have gone through the diagnostics of checking my video card etc. Apparently there is problems with this game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 13 7:31 AM
Hi mavethrav,

I can see that you have tried the advice already offered and thank you for doing so, we appreciate it.

As you are still having trouble with the game, my best advice is for you to get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums and replace the game for you if necessary, as the last thing we want is to leave you with a game you cannot play and enjoy.

Hope this info is helpful and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Jun 23, 13 12:03 PM
I had an issue with the final puzzle in the bonus game. There was a blue/purple puzzle piece missing. There were 4 of the others, but only 3 of the blue/purple. It let me complete the puzzle, but did not open the hiding place to get the deed. It was the only active area indicated on the map, so if I was supposed to pick up a blue/purple piece somewhere, I don't know where it was, and it didn't interfere with me doing the actual puzzle. I had to skip it to complete it and finish the bonus game.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jun 26, 13 7:21 PM
With all due respect, a game that has 51 comments under "technical issues" involving people having almost exactly the same problems at the same points in the same game, indicates that there is something seriously wrong with the game itself. I just purchased and played 4 CEs that looked promising during the BOGO sale, and I did not have one single tech issue at any point.

Linden Shades looked like such a neat game, and I kept checking back to see if the devs or BF had offered an updated version or at least a patch for the problem parts.

I don't think I'll bother looking again.

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 26, 13 11:00 PM
Sprattie wrote:With all due respect, a game that has 51 comments under "technical issues" involving people having almost exactly the same problems at the same points in the same game, indicates that there is something seriously wrong with the game itself. I just purchased and played 4 CEs that looked promising during the BOGO sale, and I did not have one single tech issue at any point.

Linden Shades looked like such a neat game, and I kept checking back to see if the devs or BF had offered an updated version or at least a patch for the problem parts.

I don't think I'll bother looking again.

THANK YOU SPRATTIE!!!! I could not have said it better. Exactly what I was thinking/feeling. I've been checking back every day hoping for a new "build" (patch/fix)....still waiting (yes, I bought it). I didn't have any problems until the wire puzzle on the boat motor. Stuck. Refuse to start all over until there is a fix.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jun 28, 13 9:59 AM
Beyond frustrated, yet again a game with a glitch meaning that I can not go any further. So I either delete it and try again in the future or keep it on my game manager with it clogging up space and constantly reminding me that I can't play it.

Like others I got to the mine and when zooming in on the engine the cursor goes haywire and there is nothing that can be done.

I opened my game manager today and noticed an update but then was left disappointed when it was not for this game.

Sort it out BigFish.

[Post New]by BrusselSprout on Jun 30, 13 1:11 AM
I have a problem with the tongs, I used them first to get the fire ember and now I don't have them to get the cork.... I have the CE I looked it up and it appears that I have done it the wrong way round from the programmer, consequently I no longer have the tongs, and I left the fuel at the block near the car so I don't have that to fill the fuel.... or have I done something wrong?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 13 4:43 AM
Hi BrusselSprout,

I am sorry to hear this.

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that will help matters.

If you find yourself in the same situation after reinatlling the game, my next best suggestion would be to create a new player profile, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Similarly, for anyone who has tried the advice already offered and is still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with Support so we can take a closer look at things with you.

Thank you for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jul 5, 13 1:54 PM
cursor is floaty & sometimes you need to click 2x or more.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Jul 8, 13 8:37 AM
PLEASE GIVE US A FIX............

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jul 12, 13 9:58 AM
So, the SE version came out, and I have a free game coupon as I am a copious purchaser of games. I'd like to pick it up, but refuse to if the issues haven't been fixed.

Have the DEVS fixed the MAC issues or not? Anyone?

Added in edit a week later: Hello? Any word from the devs as to whether the issues are fixed?

Edited on 07/17/2013 at 9:20:41 PM PST

Go to: