lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Reviews for Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 27, 13 6:01 AM
we enjoyed collecting the toys and letters through the game. we give this game a 3.5 out of 5 . it has a good story line, and keeps you involved throughout the game.--------------doug & lisa........................

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jun 28, 13 5:02 PM
I just finished this game and also really enjoyed it. It looks different than most and that put me off at first but the HOG's were so clear and light.

I also enjoyed the humor in the credits. They are worth reading.

One comment I have to make is when I had to find a record for a gramophone in a HOG it was a 45. It really made me laugh and showed me how young the developers must be. I guess they are both antiques even though manufactured decades apart.

I had absolutely no glitches while playing this game and will probably enjoy it again in a year or two.

[Post New]by jenny_grant on Jun 28, 13 5:07 PM
This game is truly spooky and for me it's my main motivation to purchase the game!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jun 28, 13 6:54 PM
On the easy side yes, but a good story and a fun afternoon with lots of hidden objects and fun mini-games. I'm glad I bought this and have some young Great grandchildren, almost teenagers that would also have fun with it, Thanks

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 4, 13 12:05 PM
(Based on part of the demo): I'm hooked! For some strange reason I thought that "Linden Shades" was the name of some detective off a TV show and wasn't interested at all. In my defense I will say that I haven't watched TV for about three years so I don't know much about it anymore.

When I found out that the story is actually about a possibly haunted orphanage I knew I had to try it out. And so far I have been very happy. The graphics are bright, the objects in the few HOS I have played have not been tiny or hidden behind other objects so that they cannot be found no matter what. And that is important to me because this is a CE and there are achievements. I'm a much more careful player when I'm trying to get those achievements. I won't use the Hint button at all. I stop the rapid clicking in the HOS. I do a better job and I enjoy myself more, knowing that I have accomplished something that is difficult at times because I have memory and language problems. I don't buy many CEs because of the cost. Wallpapers are great; I use them; bonus chapters are the icing on the cake (and sometimes look creamy and sweet but turn out to be sickening and full of lard), but achievements and morphing objects make a CE for me.

If it weren't for the sale today I would put this game on my "To Buy" list and probably spend a lot of time trying to decide whether to purchase the CE or SE, using a credit. But I will purchase the CE today. This looks like a very good game, it's the type of game I love (I think) and that's that.

Happy Fourth of July!!

Cherry

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 8, 13 3:53 PM
Actually surprised by this game. Wasn't expecting such a cute non-violent game. No killing, no abductions, just psychological pressure. I really enjoyed the game, but should have waited for the SE.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Jul 8, 13 9:12 PM
Well put together game. Enjoyed it although a little to easy for my best rating but still an nice effort.

Pootie49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Pootie49 on Jul 10, 13 10:53 AM
Bought this one during the last sale and enjoyed every minute. There is a ton of stuff to do, achievements, collectables, etc. Good gameplay and story.

As others have mentioned, the credits were amusing to read, and their "The Making Of" video in the extras really had me laughing. I await their next effort with interest.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Sep 4, 13 10:55 PM
I don't post enough on this but I just have to say I enjoyed this game a lot. Some games I've been playing have been too long for my taste and sometimes I get bored but this game I just wanted to keep playing and was sorry to see it end. I'm not much for a lot of HO but I liked these ones. I hope to see more of the Off The Record games. I will certainly play them.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Sep 5, 13 9:06 PM
I tried this game when it first came out and for some reason it didn't click, but I bought it because of the sale and am glad I did!
This game has all of the things I look for in a game now, collectibles, IHOS, great graphics, an interesting story, and characters that are believable and that I care about.
The two things that were somewhat annoying were the simplicity of the puzzles (way too easy) and a difficult to access strategy guide.
But overall it's a great game and I recommend it!

Go to: