Re:Reviews for Living Legends: Frozen Beauty Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 16, 13 9:07 PM
Outside of the non-widescreen.(Which I don't find to be a real problem) this game is excellent. Great graphics, great sound, and great story. Good hint system Usable jump map, and a cute little squirrel. One of the best CE's in a long time. Thanks BF. The only complaint is it was too short. I was really enjoying it and the 4.5 hours flew by

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jun 17, 13 8:27 PM
Now we're talkin'!!! AMAZING game that was downright FUN!!! Beautiful graphics, music and voice overs. Tons of scenes to play in with multiple things to do in each of them. A jump map!! Widescreen!! So glad to get a short glimpse of a sequel!!

I cannot wait to play this one again!!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jun 20, 13 8:11 PM
I've only played the demo hour, but it's definitely on my must-buy list. This is my first time playing a game from this developer, and I am very impressed. Beautifully rendered graphics, pleasing music, and unique and challenging puzzles - a sure way to my heart! It takes the old story of Snow White and gives it a fresh twist, which is not an easy thing to do nowadays. Very much looking forward to playing more.

Edited on 06/20/2013 at 8:12:22 PM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 22, 13 1:04 PM
Just finished the game. So happy I bought the CE. I enjoyed the bonus as much as the main game. Even though the main game wrapped up the story and the SE would have stood on its own quite well, I am glad I still had the bonus to play.

It is rare these days that I make a note to "definitely play again", but this is one I do want to play again. Perhaps in a year...once I've had time to forget it a bit.

Always nice to get lost in another world and let stress float away.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jun 24, 13 2:28 PM
I purchased this as a BOGO after enjoying the demo, and it's been an OK game. Lovely graphics and easy game play - all very easy to complete on a Mac, thank you very much for that!! - and some interesting puzzles. The storyline itself was very much a fairy tale and I'm not a fan at all, having grown out of fairy tales around 1971, but it was such a joy not to be squinting at scummy junkpile HOs and ignoring demons and devils and ridiculous red-eyed witches. The voice acting was pretty decent although you couldn't skip through dialogue.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, once more I had to wade though HO lists made up by someone using an English translation book. I'm still wondering what a volant is - it looked like a dead bird? - and a bracer turned out to be an arm guard - I had to exit the game and look this one up. A "sail" turned out to be a nautical flag, and I fell for the "compass" trick for about the tenth time. We call it compasses here..... because there are 2 of them screwed together - like scissors. You can't have one scissor. There was one unidentifiable object in almost every HO which resulted in a lot of experimental clicking.Needless to say I got all the achievements except the clicking one, which is actually pretty good for me. I didn't bother with the squirrel house, not a fun activity for me since I'm too old to be playing with dollhouses, but I did find all the coins.

The bonus game ending was a total ripoff - hello goodbye, game over. Not worth the CE full price for sure. Thank goodness for BOGO sales!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jun 27, 13 3:24 PM
I completely loved this game!!! I love stories like this! I never get to old for them...lol!!!! I was surprised how well the bonus chapter continued perfectly with the ending of the main game. Voice overs were great & graphics awesome!!!! I highly recommend this game for all Hidden Object fans!!! You will enjoy!!!!!!

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Jun 27, 13 6:03 PM
Sprattie, volante = shuttlecock/badminton birdie ... originally a bottle cork with 4 cut feathers stuck in it :o) Unfortunately, misnomers are rife!!! a pair of compasses, a compass (rose) often confused with protractor, etc, let alone the tape measure gaff! I really do wonder & then there are the various "bat" probs! BF REALLY needs a top notch proofreader/deputy editor to correct not only the literal translation, the grammar used is also a major downgrading indicator of the std of our site
PS: re widescreen -v- window; personally, prefer window on my widescreen ... stretch is not an option as peripheral vision is limited (

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 6:06:37 PM PST

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Jun 29, 13 9:38 AM
The set up for the game, play levels, etc. has already been done, so I'll just talk about whether I liked it or not. I really enjoyed this one. I don't need complicated games with mind bender puzzles all the time. This game is pretty easy but you have to pay attention. I missed a token at one point and had to go back several steps to find it.
The story is pretty bland and much like many other stories in this genre, that's true.
The graphics, however, are fantastic and extremely imaginative. I'll play the game again just to see those. I agree that the HOS are just junk piles and a little hazy. Also, some of the objects look nothing like their descriptions and are very hard to find. I found a few by clicking on something I thought was something else entirely.
I enjoyed the puzzles, mostly easy and common, but one that uses a stage device is very well done. All in all I think this is a fun HOG and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a beautiful and detailed puzzle that is pleasant, fairly easy and fun to while away a quiet afternoon (or two).

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 1, 13 11:01 AM
enerald wrote: BF REALLY needs a top notch proofreader/deputy editor to correct not only the literal translation, the grammar used is also a major downgrading indicator of the std of our site
(

I totally agree with you, Enerald - I'd be thrilled to offer game devs my services as a retired teacher of literacy skills - and I'd do it for nothing. There is no logic in producing beautiful, intricate games with misspellings and grammatical errors.

Edited on 07/01/2013 at 11:06:43 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 3, 13 3:42 PM
We are loving this game . we got it and have been playing all day , now we cant wait to get back into the game . we give this game a 5 out of 5 . can not find a better game than this one.--
The graphics are GREAT - just the way we like them. the game is fun and interesting. -----doug & lisa-------------

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 4, 13 1:27 PM
Game In Brief + Bonus Content Review

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

This is a thoroughly entertaining and enchanting game. All the necessary PLUSES are here. BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS, EXCELLENT SOUND, INTERESTING STORY, GREAT CHARACTERS, and of course BALANCED GAMEPLAY.

Others have given you the details on all the above, so let me just add that the things that STOOD OUT for me were:

*the credibly youthful voice of Snow White
*that chilling wind
*the transformations of given locations that ‘thawed’ – we didn’t go straight from winter into spring, there was actually wet patches and icy corners
*the well-conceived designs of the PUZZLES.

BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

BONUS CHAPTER

The main game ended satisfactorily, and this one carried on from there with a further only marginally related adventure. Mainly new LOCATIONS, but some OLD ones REWORKED as well. ACHIEVEMENTS did NOT continue through this chapter.

Main game took me about 4.5 hours, and the bonus just over 1 hour.

CUTE COMPANION

You get to befriend a SQUIRREL in the earlier part of the game, and can use COINS collected throughout the game to DECORATE her house. There’s an achievement related to her as well.

ACHIEVEMENTS & COLLECTIBLES

There are quite a lot of ACHIEVEMENTS and you have a great TROPHY room in the EXTRAS menu for them. They include both essential game milestones and speed/accuracy/puzzle stuff. The ONLY COLLECTIBLES are the squirrel’s COINS.

The USUAL GALLERY ITEMS were VAMPED UP by: SCREENSAVERS that were some of the CUT SCENES, and CONCEPT ART that, when you hovered your cursor over them showed the FINAL SCENE. I thought that was EXCELLENT.

In fact, the whole game was EXCELLENT!

I recommend this game!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 15, 13 9:50 AM
I can only give this very slow, long, and often frustrating game a 2.5 out of 5. HOS weren't bad, but the mini games were awful...very tedious and even playing casual the hint and skip were verrrrry sllllloooowwww so it did bog down the game if you didn't want to frustrate yourself on those awful mini games of which there were plenty.

The voice overs were awful, but I'm not a voice over lover anyway. Story was kind of girly girl and dumb, but that wasn't helped by the jumping around for one clue here and one clue there. The multi section transporter map was a necessity to play this game.

I tried to endure the bonus game, but got part way through and stopped...I'd had enough.

Graphics were very good, clear and crisp...that was about the only good part of it.

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 9:51:36 AM PST

[Post New]by Reema_matt on Jul 30, 13 7:53 AM
I am a huge fan of the first Living Legends game. Probably the biggest fan of them all!
It had the best graphics ever seen in a game! Ever felt like being transported to an all new world? That game did just that for me! Fell in love with everything about it.
And the Collector's Edition was the most value-for-money game on BFG when it released. It had tons of bonus content which kept me returning to it again and again for a week or may be more!
Unfortunately I find myself slightly disappointed in the sequel.
Yes, it does have everything its predecessor had. But nothing new, at least so far.
I so much wish to be wooed by this game. But somehow it doesn't have the charm of the first one.
It still has gorgeous scenes and incredible voiceovers and more bonus content than any game out there. The game is a visual treat.
Don't get me wrong. This is a really good game.
Still...somewhere, I am finding it difficult to fall in love with this one.
May be I should go back to the old one and play it again.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Aug 9, 13 8:40 PM
I absolutely love this game. I really loved the first Living Legends and I hope there will be more. The graphics are stunning and there is a nice storyline. I love games where you can skip puzzles. I played in casual mode as I always do. Also the hint button is not affected e.g. will not have to recharge if you are clicking it just to find out what to do next. I thought the bonus content is a nice touch.

minidoll10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by minidoll10 on Aug 22, 13 4:37 AM
FUN!! I have not played a game that was this much Fun in ages

Go to: