minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Welcome to Chocolatier 3: Decadence by Design forum

[Post New]by minerva84 on Jun 21, 09 7:18 AM
Hello!

What I meant by "matching colors" is, when you get to the machine that makes the candy, and you have to shoot the ingredients at the holders, each ingredient will have a colored circle around it: red, yellow, or blue. Group the ingredients with the same colors in the same holder. (If you mix them, the circle turns white). Don't worry if you have to waste or recycle an ingredient once in a while, if it doesn't match. Filling the holders with all one color yields 5 boxes of chocolates, rather than 1 for just filling it with anything. This is the secret to high yields in production each week, more candy available to be sold, and hence, a faster completion of ranks within the game.

Good luck!

[Post New]by nancythesleuth on Jun 22, 09 11:45 PM
Aaah, now I know how some people get more than 100000 per week. Thanks for sharing!

minerva84 wrote:Hello!

What I meant by "matching colors" is, when you get to the machine that makes the candy, and you have to shoot the ingredients at the holders, each ingredient will have a colored circle around it: red, yellow, or blue. Group the ingredients with the same colors in the same holder. (If you mix them, the circle turns white). Don't worry if you have to waste or recycle an ingredient once in a while, if it doesn't match. Filling the holders with all one color yields 5 boxes of chocolates, rather than 1 for just filling it with anything. This is the secret to high yields in production each week, more candy available to be sold, and hence, a faster completion of ranks within the game.

Good luck!

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Jun 30, 09 3:38 PM
Glad to help. What inspired me was seeing the stats of other players at the end of the game! When you finish, it asks if you want to post your earnings so they can be compared with others. I thought I'd done pretty well, so I thought, "Sure, why not?" WOW I was totally outclassed. There are some who make 500k per week! How are they doing it? I have no idea, but I keep experimenting with the exotic and expensive ingredients to make the most expensive chocolates in the highest volume. Maybe someday I'll catch up...

doulan coca been

[Post New]by king45 on Jul 31, 09 6:18 PM
were is the doulan coca been

Uzoma
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Uzoma on Aug 4, 09 5:04 PM
The Doulan Cocoa is found in Doula but you need to hover your mouse over the hotel (i.e. the forest in the left side of the screen). You should find it there.

Edited on 08/04/2009 at 5:05:09 PM PST

[Post New]by dorkyloser418 on Aug 14, 09 8:35 PM
I am having a lot of trouble finding the coffee blend recipes and the exotic recipes. I have i think like 3 coffee blend and 5 exotic ones but after that no matter where i go or who i talk to nobody has anything new for me. its' very frustrating. someone please please help me!

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Sep 13, 09 7:55 AM
That is a tough part, but you need to make sure to check every building in every city. If you get stuck, go back to Ontario, and check in the Waterfront Suites, since that's the man who gave you the blends in the first place. Be methodical, and work your way over every city on the map. Soon you will find the next recipes.

[Post New]by tashira on Sep 25, 09 12:39 PM
I Can't seem to find the honduran Coaco and i need it to fill and order o save Sean how do i find it

[Post New]by kbarkieandme123 on Oct 3, 09 8:08 PM
same issue, i have $30,000,000 but nothing to do! i cant do anything the honduran chocolate is nowhere to be found, as far as i know alex is still looking for sean, and the only quests i get is the telegram ones for a recipe for a coffee blend that i never even heard of! can someone please help me move forward in the game, or am i just gonna be stuck in vegas hangin round the slot machines all day!

thanks,
Katie

jmb1363
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jmb1363 on Oct 4, 09 2:26 AM
You do not need the Honduran cacao to fill this order. This a common mistake because the name of the truffles is so similar. The truffle needing Honduran cacao is the one on the bottom right of the truffle page....you need to make the one on the bottom LEFT of the page...the pumpkin one. The Honduran cacao is not available til almost the very end of the game and is not needed for any quest. Hope this helps. Good luck!

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Oct 30, 09 9:41 AM
Yes, I agree. You don't need the Honduran cacao for any specific quest, but it is fun to put it in the last slot in your recipe book, no matter what you decide to make. It's good for profits and sells well, no matter where you sell it. Seems to be the only real use for it, besides the other established recipes.

Ichthys
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ichthys on Nov 17, 09 12:43 AM
I think this is my favourite game, so far.
I just love the idea of traveling to source for ingredients as it reminds me of a game I played some fifteen years ago in my pre-teenage years - Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? Not sure if anyone here has heard of that game before...

I also like that Chocolatier allows for the gamer to infuse their own creativity, in this case deciding on names and colours of your own chocolate creations.

Are there any other games that are similar to Chocolatier 3?
I did have a go at Winemaker Extraordinaire but it just couldn't match up... I enjoyed it but the gameplay was way too short.

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Nov 19, 09 3:27 PM
I haven't found any games like the Choclatier games. There are other management games that are sort of similar, but none have the dimension and re-playability that these games have. Plus you can challenge yourself in different ways, too. How fast can you get through it? How much money can you make? How elaborate can you go? How frugal can you be?

The other fun thing about these games is that they are fun alone, but they are even more fun if you play them collaboratively with some friends! Find a theme (our favorites are "hot" and "love" in which all candies are named and made with these concepts as a common theme. Even the main character is part of it! You can have so much fun coming up with descriptions of the different products that fit the themes. I can't tell you how much laughing my friends and I have shared over the silly stuff we come up with!

Edited on 11/19/2009 at 4:00:43 PM PST

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Nov 19, 09 3:53 PM
I think this may be addressed in another thread, but here's what I meant by "matching colors".

When you're looking at the machine, there are holders that rotate around as the ingredients come up the conveyor. The ingredients while on the conveyor will have a colored circle around them: red, yellow, or blue. Once you load one ingredient into a holder, the holder turns the color of that ingredient. Then you just make sure to "match" the colors to the holders as they come up. Load one holder with only red, and one with only blue, and one with only yellow. When you do it right, you'll hear a "ding". If you "mix" colors in the holders, the holders turn white. You will hear a "squash" sound that means you didn't match. When you match, the holder yields 5 boxes of chocolates. When you mix, you only get one.

It takes a LOT of practice, especially with those darned truffle machines with 6 holders and 3 colors! But you can go back and try as many times as you want, so as you learn more with the harder combinations, go back and do the easy ones over again. You'd be surprised how much money you can make if you have really high yields on some of that easy stuff! The problem then becomes keeping enough ingredients on hand to handle the high output of chocolates.

kinzer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by kinzer on Nov 24, 09 11:28 PM
I love this game. I have all three and replay them repeatedly. I noticed that some one in the forum asked about a 4th game back in October I think, but that person never got a reply, so I'll ask again..... will there be a 4th game?

[Post New]by librarian666 on Nov 28, 09 3:30 PM
I too have been waiting for a 4th game. This is my go to game, when nothing else sounds good.

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Dec 5, 09 6:15 AM
I, also, think there is another thread on this subject, one in which quite a few people talked about what they would like to see in the new version of the game. I can't find the thread right off, but I've been playing this game with friends, and we think the game would be fun if it included ice cream and soda.

The storyline in C-3 ends after WWII, so if the timeline were to continue, it could start right at the end of the 40's or early 50's. Perfect time for malt shops! Then we could design new ice cream creations, soda flavors, and of course, chocolates.

I liked the coffee idea in the last game, but ice cream or even cakes and pastries might be even better. Also LOVED the idea of making and creating my own candy. That was great!

One improvement I hope they make in that respect is the color pallette. The colors you're given in the pallette don't match what shows up on the chocolate, nor are there many colors to choose from. If they make designing our own chocolate part of the next game, they need to improve on the choices of color. I'd also like to see a wider variety of looks to the candy too.

[Post New]by Chocolatier_3 on Dec 5, 09 8:24 AM
I am currently on the quest Your Iraqi Shop! and it says i need 50 cases of coffee with cinnamon but i only have cinnamon coffee can anyone tell me where to find the recipe?

[Post New]by robynd on Apr 15, 10 10:10 AM
Can anyone help me. I have just downloaded and bought the new game chocolatier but i need an activation code and I cant get one. i have tried on this site as i bought it through here.can anyone help me with this.thank you.

HELP!!

[Post New]by lozza_xxoo on Jul 9, 10 12:24 AM
hi i have all recipes and just 1 space in my creations left...alex came along and told me about helping her to find sean and tht she would come back to get me to help but she hasnt and i have no more quests to do i dont kno where to go...please help

Go to: