[Post New]by nelly153 on Jun 28, 13 4:33 AM
bella81762 wrote:
skydad wrote:
nelly153 wrote:
sateku_1975 wrote:I totally agree with previous posts. To sum it up:

1) Timer is extremely unforgiving
2) No chaining of tasks
3) Unclear goals

Especially number 2 is really preventing me from enjoying this game as I thought I would when seeing the cute and gorgeous graphics. I am not in any mood to keep on clicking on tasks at the perfect point in time, just to barely miss the gold if I miss the click by a fraction of a second. And since it seems like you also should click on other stuff in various sub-tasks, I just know my frustration levels would go nuts after a while, I was already frustrated at level 2!

I like to chain tasks and formulate various strategies in my TM-games, especially if they have a difficult time limit like this one. Here it seems like there is only one way out and that is to click fast and exact or wait for the tedious gatheing of power-ups...

No buy for me - unfortunately.

Exactly my thoughts on the game. A shame as it could be great but ...!

I like to get gold and I like to replay a couple of times to work out the best strategy but even in first few levels found it too hard to get the gold timings

I got very frustrated and really don't like not being able to chain tasks.

Sorry but dev's need to rethink this before it becomes a purchase for me

This is the whole point of GOLD - accomplishing something most do not. This game is refreshing in that Gold is very difficult. Just finished Viking Saga on hard and it was a joke. You could make countless mistakes on a level and still make gold with ease. If you like to get gold - earn it the old fashion way - - work hard for it.

actually gold is impossible in later levels witout buying the powerups from the store...and they cost way too much,,,have been playing for a week and still dont have all of them at the 1st level

Skydad I am fully aware that the gold is supposed to be challenging and I am a very experienced TM player who normally does not give up until I find a way to achieve gold on every level, however, firstly I did not like this game enough to be bothered to keep trying to achieve the gold, secondly if it is this difficult to get gold in the first levels I am unable to try the game sufficiently in a hour to find out if it gets better and if I want to continue and therefore together with the gem purchases and the non-chaining frustration this makes it no purchase for me

T_Doctor
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Reviews for Druid Kingdom

[Post New]by T_Doctor on Jun 28, 13 6:34 AM
I won't buy this game, no way to enjoy it without casual mode for me.

I think TM games should be hard and for those who like them timed that is why they buy them and that should not change but there should be an opt out choice for others who enjoy the adventures but not the impossible goals.

I am pretty good at TM games, but I couldn't get gold starting with 4th level, and forget the other things like butterflies ... no way.

So, developers, please put a causal mode in, or I won't buy it.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jun 28, 13 9:36 AM
bella81762 wrote:the devs announced they are doing a update with a relaxed mode, no pay to go to next chapter,,, and some other issues

Thank you bella for that information!

I did a search yesterday and found that the devs had released it for the Ipad which would make more sense for the purchase of diamonds, etc. in order to get all the attractions in the game. It doesn't work that way with a PC game and honestly I think that they should have corrected all this before they released it as a PC game. I'm disappointed that they chose not to do so. Hopefully they will have an update soon to make it more compatible with a PC.

[Post New]by karenjn80 on Jun 28, 13 1:47 PM
I have liked all the games from this developer. That being said, I do like this game, but I do not have hours upon hours to go back and get enough gold to buy level 4. I am hoping an update will soon follow with more gold coins or points being awarded so that I can more easily gather the required 150 coins to buy level 4. I am not used to having to buy levels in a game.
Before I outright buy another game again, I am going to try it first before buying. Buyers beware you may not like this game.

Edited on 07/17/2013 at 11:24:13 PM PST

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Jun 28, 13 2:44 PM
TM are my favorite games. I played the demo and saw how hard it was to complete anywhere near the time limit. After reading some of the tips on game play I decided to buy it thinking I could get better at this game. Well 5 tries later I just wish I could get my money back. Very unforgiving game. Not fun, just frustrating.

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Jun 28, 13 3:07 PM
i bought the game after playing the demo, but what the heck, i have to pay 100 crystals to go the other level...no way i could earn that, if you use some of your helpbuttons you end up broke at the end of it.

i like to go to all the levels, even if i dont have gold for every level, i just want to finish and later on try to improve my score and get gold for every level...now i am playing the same levels over and over again...

great dissapointment.

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Jun 28, 13 8:27 PM
For those who want the chaining - you can buy chaining capability in the store. It's expensive but well worth it. You can buy up to 3 actions chained.

I agree with the drawbacks above. I did buy it without demoing - not sure I would have bought if I'd played first. I'm an experienced TM player but watching the timer fly down while workers poked along is just irritating. Fast timer should have fast walkers in the same game! I agree many TM games are way too easy to get gold on - I like to work a little for it! But this one is impossible to get gold without buying powerups, even in some of the lower levels, and you really need those diamonds in the store. And, I don't really love games where you have to figure out the exact series of clicks that the developer required in order to get gold. Just doesn't seem fun if there's not a couple ways to do it. And when a TM queen can't even finish a level in time... half way through the game... that's pretty harsh!

Interesting what people found irritating - I agree that workers running aaallllll the way back to the hut was annoying especially when they move so slowly but what really drives me crazy is the dialogue boxes popping up and covering part of your screen - that just makes me want to scrub the game right out. You can't click it away, and if you have an action underneath you can't complete it. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????? You have way too much action on the screen too - circles, sparkles, running people, bobbing worms, things to find.

Regardless of the frustrations, I'll forge on. I do love these games And I appreciate a TM game even if it's not top notch. I'm hopeful that if I save my diamonds and buy all the upgrades one day I'll get gold...

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jun 30, 13 4:13 AM
I am still fairly new to this genre and I have one basic rule: No Relaxed Mode means No Buy. If I want stress I will work an extra shift, playing games is my way to relax! Shame, really, because apart from that it looks like a great game. If they release a relaxed version then I will give it a try...........

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jun 30, 13 4:36 AM
These are normally my favorite games but this one with no untimed option, the timer going WAY too fast and having to get gold on each level in order to advance is not good. I'm sorry I wasted a credit on this. I couldn't even get past Level 1-10 because I couldn't get gold.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jun 30, 13 11:22 AM
mkastor wrote:These are normally my favorite games but this one with no untimed option, the timer going WAY too fast and having to get gold on each level in order to advance is not good. I'm sorry I wasted a credit on this. I couldn't even get past Level 1-10 because I couldn't get gold.

You have to buy the next level from the store.

[Post New]by lacuna on Jun 30, 13 12:03 PM
I really regret buying this game. My complaints are pretty much the same as everyone else. Someone said it before, and I think they're absolutely correct, but this game feels like a freemium app for an iPad where you have to buy crystals with real money in order to advance. But I already bought this, so that shouldn't apply to a PC game.

I couldn't even get past the second part that's set in the desert. There were levels that are impossible to finish without wasting crystals on powerups (those powerups shouldn't be costing crystals anyway, they should be set up on a timer). Before I knew it my crystals were completely depleted because silly me was trying to get gold. The only way to get more crystals is to play levels over and over again. Sorry, way too tedious for me.

Also, the characters are talking while you're playing and they completely cover up the screen so it makes it even more difficult to click on the items.

I love these types of games, but this one is not good at all. One star review. Caveat emptor.

[Post New]by sportsjefe on Jul 1, 13 3:59 PM
It's a converted iPad game, which is fine, and it's a fun game, which is fine, but if I were playing on the iPad I'd actually be able to buy the crystals I need (10,000 for $3.99? heck yes!) to not have to repeat the first 5 levels 100 times to get upgrades. That's why as a game it doesn't work here.

Put in a relaxed mode and the option to buy crystals and we'd be good.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Jul 1, 13 5:05 PM
NormaNorman wrote:Wow. The reviews are so bad on this I'm not even going to consider trying it till the Developers (hopefully) do an updated version to deal with the suggestions of their players.

Actually in the end I liked this game a lot. It takes some grinding, but it's worth it.

HOWEVER it definitely does not give you enough rewards to totally build your kingdom.

[Post New]by screamingfrog on Jul 1, 13 9:59 PM
This is not worth the time. It is pretty and seems like it would be fun but the constant repetition is boring. Wish I had not wasted my credit.

[Post New]by sundene on Jul 3, 13 4:38 PM
I'm a huge fan of MKFTP, all three of them. I was tremendously excited to see another game by the developers of that series.

I'm pretty good at time management games - I often beat the developers times on games that will acknowledge that. However, by level 8, I was running silver at best and could quickly see that if the levels continued to progress, this game would no longer hold any appeal for me, since it would become impossible.

The timer on this game is ridiculous. I'm disappointed. Otherwise, I'd be having a great time with it!

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 4:38:41 PM PST

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on Jul 5, 13 12:15 PM
Yes. They all have a point. If you're not willing to do this for hours and hours, you're going exactly nowhere. Nowhere near gold, that is.

However: I must say, I have rarely enjoyed one of these games for so long. I'm pretty sure that even after you've bought all the relevant upgrades - which I haven't, yet - there will still be some levels you can hardly win. This makes it challenging for much longer than all these others where gold is easily attainable first time around.

I have been frustrated and have given up on several games.
But this one still seems worth it, somehow ;-).

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Jul 5, 13 1:48 PM
the dev are working on a update for a relaxmode, but how long does that take?
maybe next year, i stop playing until then.

[Post New]by AB_Bunny on Jul 7, 13 5:10 PM
Hi -
Okay I think this might be a weird question - and it's my first post

I've been playing this game for a few days, I usually play HO. Is it just me, or does anyone one out there see revolving circles when they close their eyes after playing only a few levels of this specific game? The circles happen around the tasks that are eligible based off of inventory on hand.

I never have issues like this on the only other TM game I play "Royal Envoy". i can play for hours easily, and I get no 'mind images' , just the music plays in my head for awhile after. I don't mind that - the circles bother me because it takes hours to go away

Is this a common after effect of games like these? I've had the same issue playing on my ipad and desktop. Maybe these games are not for me - but I appreciate I can play before I buy to see the effect.

Dores this happen to any of you out there?

Thanks -
AB Bunny

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Jul 7, 13 7:47 PM
I would have loved the game if it were not for the fact that the crystals are so hard (tedious) to obtain. If the forum members were correct that the game was designed for the IPad, it explains all the things that I dislike. I play computer games on my computer because it allows me do relax even when I am going for gold. This game requires the equivalent action to having to wash dishes over and over before you can have a nice meal.
I hope the developers keep their word and do a patch that will make this as much fun as their earlier games. If not, I just will not buy anything with their logo.

1506ebony
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by 1506ebony on Jul 8, 13 4:15 AM
I regret buying this game. I love a challenge and I don't mind replaying a level over and over to achieve gold. Mapping out what you need to do is part of the fun, but it seems that the reason I am replaying levels is to get crystals to buy upgrades. This is beyond ridiculous. I have actually achieved gold on most levels, but there are a handful that you can not without all of the upgrades. And the thought of replaying levels to get a handful of crystals, because you have already achieved gold on it, makes this game tedious. I would not mind buying upgrades, but they cost way to much. The developers have made this game almost impossible to achieve gold. I actually wonder if they have played and achieved gold on all levels. In all of the MKFP games, the stats for each level would show your time, the best time and the developers time....funny that's missing here. Makes you wonder if the developers realize how difficult that made this game to play?

The reason I regret buying is it makes the developers think they have made a great game that fans will love. I'm sure a lot of us bought based on "from the developers of MKFP". I know I did. Based on the popularity of their past games, I sure they would have wondered why this game fared so poorly and maybe that would have prompted them to make some changes.

I can't recommend this game to serious TM players. If you don't mind not getting gold (or even silver), then this is the game for you.

Go to: