judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

Re:Reviews for Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 8, 13 3:45 PM
quarlesqueen wrote:Judy1689

I also enjoyed the making of and the credits, you said the credits went to fast for you to read, there is a pause button ( II ) that you can click on, during the credits, that will stop it, so you can take your time to read them, than just click again, and they will start again.

I really enjoyed this game, and just LOVE the added touches, like the making and the different quotes, in the credits, for each team member .

Can't wait to see what they come up with next .

Thanks for the tip!

I think this is going to be a great series.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 8, 13 3:49 PM
whisper482 wrote:I just finished this game and wanted to say thank you to the developer. It was a breath of fresh air after all the more common scary and horror stuff we've been subjected to. Give us more please.

I totally agree . . . doom and gloom and horror are NOT what I like in a game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 11, 13 5:42 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:Not a bad game, I just can't see it as a CE. Try for yourself, your mileage may vary.

LOVE the way you say, "your mileage may vary"............

riosilk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by riosilk on Jul 13, 13 2:57 AM
I wasn't sure about this game, but went ahead and got it, just to see where it went. It is disappointing in some ways, such as going through all kinds of puzzles to get to a scene, and there is only ONE item in there, or maybe two. I have played through it several times now, and somehow I can't manage to get all 41 cranes, and that is beginning to kind of get my goat. I am usually really good at that...but somehow this game distracts you at odd points, and that may be where I am missing that ONE flippin' CRANE! Anyone have a walkthrough that shows where they all are? I can't imagine where I am MISSING it!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 13, 13 11:07 AM
Riosilk, the last section of the Strategy Guide shows where the cranes are, but I warn you that some of the cranes are not where the Guide says they are. I went back through all the pictures to find the ones I missed the first time (quite a few to be honest) and still didn't find all of them because you can't get back into some of the scenes. I guess you'd have to play the game all over again, and I'm not willing to do that.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 14, 13 12:28 PM
Absolutely an excellent game. This game has a nice flow to it; you're not running all over the place trying to do and find things. The graphics are very clear and pleasing to the eye.

There is a nice feature to the HO Scenes, you can play Mahjong, instead of looking for items. Even if you're part way through looking for an item, you can switch over to Mahjong. The silhouette scenes, do require you to complete them.

Another nice feature to the game, is that fact, that once you complete it, you can replay HO Scenes and Mini Games, as many times as you want. Also, during the HO Scenes, you can switch over to Mahjong.

The Game has a proper ending, for those that purchase the SE version. The Bonus Game covers the "brother".

This game has a nice story to it along with "myths". Hope to see more from this Developer.

Edited on 07/14/2013 at 12:43:15 PM PST

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 20, 13 11:28 AM
Excellant game I really enjoyed every hidden object scene. They were so beautifully done,not your average "pile of junk" you could actually see things, and the interactive ones were also very nice. Graphics were stellar !! Voices were nice, did not see the mahjonng alternates, no matter, it was all good. Gives me a good reason to play it again !!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 24, 13 10:53 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:Not a bad game, I just can't see it as a CE. Try for yourself, your mileage may vary.
that is funny............

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 30, 13 9:00 AM
I'm about half way through this game and the soundtrack is driving me insane! The music is a constant loop - I turned that off long ago. But the incessant "hooting" in the background is so annoying! I absolutely hate it when devs don't think about stuff like this. I know I can shut off the sound but I don't like doing that - it takes away from the experience of the game.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 18, 13 8:34 PM
just finished, I got all the cranes except for 4 of them. I liked this game. liked the fact that it had the map which I need. Hope there's going to be more like this.

Go to: