griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Reviews for Corpatros: The Hidden Village

[Post New]by griffgirl on Jul 5, 13 2:03 AM
Just finished. Honestly only bought it because of the discounted price this holiday weekend. Would not have otherwise. The game was okay, but quite weird to me.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 5, 13 12:59 PM
I'm in the unimpressed, didn't finish the demo, will not purchase group. There really is little to recommend this game. It has an interesting premise and possible story line. The graphics seem interesting at first, but game play is about worthless, hidden objects can be too small and difficult to find, sequences of game play and items to find are less than logical, hints outside of a HOS are of little use and I cannot believe the makers determined how long you have to work at a puzzle before you are allowed to SKIP. Really?

And for those who complained about the English, I'm with you. I have no problem with multi-national interests programming games. I would imagine they're created for other countries as well. But if you're going to create a narrative or dialog in a language that is not native to you, find someone for whom it is and have your script proofed.

Sorry. I wouldn't recommend even bothering with the demo on this one.

pkbeehler
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pkbeehler on Jul 6, 13 1:02 PM
one of the few really bad games I've purchased on BFG. fortunately I had a credit for a free game. even after using the forum for help I couldn't navigate this game. so I deleted it. I do not want stress when I play HOG's...I want to relax. I will continue to try games however, because there are some great ones.

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Jul 13, 13 1:10 AM
Totally useless game for me! Wasted my time on this one. NOT! This is not a HOG! It's worthless with the hints, no walk through, ect, ect, ect! I agree with all the other posts. No use in posting the same thing the other's have posted. Take a hint guys, this game is not going to go far and not many will buy this one. On to a real HOG!

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Jul 13, 13 8:33 AM
Total waste of $$$$$$. The graphics are sucky for us old folks, the hint button is useless, the map is useless. I bought, I tried, will delete. Got third skull, up to the pyramid, not worth going any further. I may keep it, see if walk through becomes available. Most times (since I buy a LOT of games) if I buy it I play it. Not this time.

JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by JudyAlex on Jul 14, 13 10:39 AM
I actually bought this game.....and it is the first time I have ever decided NOT to finish it. It was just too frustrating and took too long to be interesting. In fact, I deleted it from my computer unfinished which is something I never do. Well, I am on to play a more fun game.....I hope!

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Reviews for Corpatros: The Hidden Village: Hint Button A Total Waste

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jul 17, 13 11:28 AM
Actually there's a lot to like about this game, especially for gamers with some experience like myself...I would call myself about intermediate in skill. But really it's a little too much when the so-called "Hint Button" only actually WORKS as a Hint Button when you're in a Hidden Object Scene (a place where, I should add, I seldom need hints, and I would venture to say a lot of experienced gamers don't either); everyplace else in the game all the "Hint Button" does is pull up the map over and over and over again.

Most games at least allow the Hint button to point you in the right direction; without a walkthrough even someone who is not new to these kinds of games is going to get stuck. It has already happened to me twice and I managed to find answers on the Forum but now I am stuck again and this is quite frankly getting VERY OLD.

With a game like this, either take the trouble to create a Walkthrough or don't market the game; it is not fair to expect the Fishies to take the brunt of the responsibility for a game with so many avoidable pitfalls.

Oh and BTW I just finished the thing and the ending, in a word, SUCKS.

Edited on 07/17/2013 at 1:55:37 PM PST

[Post New]by HISBEGOT10 on Jul 17, 13 9:09 PM
Raska wrote:Those games ARE playable !!! They make me remember the good old adventure games... (without HO's...don't like those) ...No hints, no maps, no walkthrough's...I remember being stuck for days sometimes !!! Now we are spoiled and we don't think anymore. A friend of mine has the game, I played it, and I loved it ! The puzzles are great and the person (read a comment here on BF) who played this one in two hours must have skipped everything, because those puzzles, most of the time, are difficult !!! Let's go back to those games, maybe we will learn again to use our brains a bit more as we did years ago !

I agree with everything you said....most of the new games have great graphics & story lines....but are too easy.....I like to use my brain and this game does make you use it without telling you what to do next.....Love the game....& Bought it....

Go to: