Re:Post any Farm Up Free To Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by TrystaSilverwood on Aug 1, 13 6:43 PM
Has anyone else having problems of the game not starting at all? nothing on task manager, yet when i try to start another game it gives me a error 809 that a game is already running. even restarted computer, still does it.

AureliaS
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by AureliaS on Aug 2, 13 6:52 AM
TrystaSilverwood wrote:Has anyone else having problems of the game not starting at all? nothing on task manager, yet when i try to start another game it gives me a error 809 that a game is already running. even restarted computer, still does it.

Yes, except mine does show up in the task manager under 'processes'. It's in RAM,.just not running. I contacted tech support on the 30th, still waiting to hear from them. I'm guessing it will be closer to 72 hours than 24 (out of the 24-72 hours for response, LOL). My game ran fine until I installed the REQUIRED update. Now it won't run at all. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

My video card driver is up to date as well, I checked that. Three times. This is very frustrating and annoying.

[Post New]by FrustratedFarmer on Aug 3, 13 12:07 PM
I started having the same problem you're having immediately after installing the update. I contacted Tech Support and, over the course of several days, they ran me through several fix attempts. None of these, unfortunately, were successful. I haven't been able to play Farm Up since, and ended up getting a refund for my in-game purchases.

[Post New]by oklizajane on Aug 4, 13 7:40 AM
Help! I can't Continue my game and am on 24 hr Unlimited Play. I am on Level 29 and have several crops planted that I'm sure are ready to harvest. When I try to select the Continue button to play this morning it doesn't work....anyone else who has had this issue have a resolution yet?
Thanks

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 4, 13 9:39 AM
janaviola wrote:Not sure is this is a glitch or not. Have had Grandpa for at least 5 hours but his classes are locked. He has been chopping wood, using the sawmill and walks around but cannot attend school, as per my quest. Grandma who is not here yet has her classes unlocked. Jen & hubby go to class without problems.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

This is a known - um - drawback? in the game - seems like if you have grandma, grandpa's classes are unlocked, and vice versa. I got Grandma first and likewise had to wait to do her quest to learn something. I think it's a bug but don't know if it's serious enough for devs to fix it.

AureliaS
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by AureliaS on Aug 4, 13 10:10 AM
FrustratedFarmer wrote:I started having the same problem you're having immediately after installing the update. I contacted Tech Support and, over the course of several days, they ran me through several fix attempts. None of these, unfortunately, were successful. I haven't been able to play Farm Up since, and ended up getting a refund for my in-game purchases.

At least you got a response. I never did, and then I received a survey asking me to rate my experience. The survey response said it would resend the response in 24-48 hours or something ridiculous (I don't understand why they didn't resend it immediately). This is me not holding my breath.

The email is not in my spam folder, I checked, and I have their support email listed as a contact so it wouldn't go to spam. I give up. I'm going to uninstall the game and just be very thankful I never spent any money on it.

Edited on 08/04/2013 at 10:10:43 AM PST

minerva84
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by minerva84 on Aug 5, 13 7:49 AM
InterwebUser wrote:Thanks for the new update! I'm enjoying the new quests.

For some reason, the factories (milk factory and canned food factory) don't recognize that I have blueberries in my inventory so I can't make blueberry yogurt to finish the quest.

I am using the PC version on Windows 7.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue, but at odd times my cannery was able to recognize blueberries in my inventory, so I was able to partially fulfill a quest. The dairy does not, though. Any hope of an update or workaround for this issue?

**NEW** as of 8/6/13
I found the problem. It SAYS blueberries, but the picture shows BILberries. you can grow both, but you will see your bilberry stock depleting as you fill the order. Grow the blue ones, not the red ones.

Edited on 08/07/2013 at 7:44:33 AM PST

[Post New]by laramthun on Aug 5, 13 8:57 AM
Also notice that some of my quests are not being credited properly, especially if I already have the items in inventory. It indicates that the quest is completed in the first screen for the quest, but then after clicking OK, the next screen indicates at the bottom 00/XX instead of XX/XX and the awards are not credited.

A second problem has now cropped up. First it kept saying that the path to the sawmill was blocked. Then all the factories, one by one are also coming up as having blocked paths. I have previously place pavers to all of these, so there is nothing blocking them. I even demolished some of my plots and moved the sawmill to another location and it is complete accessible, but still comes up as being blocked. I can not collect any of my completed items from any of my factories!

[Post New]by tn4honey on Aug 5, 13 6:57 PM
Unable to push the continue key in the main menu. It only allows me to choose the other options (new game, settings. and exit). I dont want to start over. Please help

[Post New]by BoxxxHead on Aug 6, 13 2:14 AM
tn4honey wrote:Unable to push the continue key in the main menu. It only allows me to choose the other options (new game, settings. and exit). I dont want to start over. Please help

I'm also having this problem, I WAS almost level 15, went to play today and the 'continue' button was greyed out =[

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 6, 13 3:14 AM
The Blueberry Jam isn't recognizing blueberries, it's using bilberries.

[Post New]by AuntieMoses on Aug 7, 13 7:25 AM
I am playing at level 32 on my PC (Windows 7) and I was quite happy with the update (except for the blueberry yoghurt issue, but I just used 3 gold coins to solve that one and let it go). Now I have a crop of wheat and some carrots to harvest. I also have a number of empty planting patches -- all well-spaced (mainly for easy mole removal). When I clicked on a ripe vegetable I got the "There is no path here" message. It happens on every one of my hundred or so patches and I can't harvest ANYTHING! I sold off a number of patches (including the now-dead wheat and carrots) and purchased new patches -- still "There is no path here". When that didn't work I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, but to no avail. Now what? I have a good quest to do for peas and courgettes, but I need those planting beds!

Please help!

It's been 15 minutes since I made the above post -- Now I suddenly can't remove rocks, stumps and grass. When I click on the offender, "There is no path here!" comes up. This is getting really boring!

The saga continues! Now -- 6 hours since my last post, I've noticed that the little wife (Jennifer, I believe) is trapped in the new chicken yard I installed the other day. She's just standing in the corner by the water trough -- swatting butterflies and playing with her umbrella. She does not leave the bird paddock to remove rocks and grass (which can now be removed again) and she isn't sitting in her rocking chair, which she has always done frequently. ( I am seriously concerned that she is suffering a mental breakdown. Hopefully, the next light bulb quest to appear will contain the offer of some counseling for her. I'd be happy to trade any amount of wool or cabbages to ensure her emotional well-being.)

Edited on 08/07/2013 at 12:48:02 PM PST

13Jasmine
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 13Jasmine on Aug 7, 13 9:27 PM
I'm not getting paid for my quests! I just did a big one for 12000 and no money , I checked it out with the next one, and sure enough, no money for that one either. How sad is that. All that work, and no rewards. Any clues on how to fix this? I'm at level 25 on a Windows PC. Thanks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 9, 13 2:09 AM
Hi Folks,

I wanted to pop in and offer some suggestion for the issues raised here but just to let you know, if the issue persists or you would like some more dedicated support, please get in touch with Tech Support so we can ensure your issue gets the attention it deserves.

For display issues, please check your screen resolution and try updating your drivers as this can vastly improve how the game displays on your machine.

With an 809 error, the good news is that this is normally quite easy to solve and we have a help article here with some specific advice on how to prevent that error message from showing.

If these tips don't help or for games that are not awarding bonuses and quest correctly, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game as the best thing to do in this instance. This will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly for you.

Hoping this helps but as above, if you need more dedicated support, please just let us know.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 9, 13 12:12 PM
I have been having issues with hung up music with the new update...I can't pinpoint any specific thing that causes it yet, but it will get hung up on 2 note of the music until I get out of the game and then when I get back into it, it is fine. It usually happens only about once a day, and I'm not sure, but it may be only happening when I have spent the 16 gold to get a 4hour unlimited....again, I am not sure about that. Not a big problem but definitely a little irritating LOL!

[Post New]by devondiamond on Aug 9, 13 12:17 PM
Cannot access my hives...I have two but cannot click them to collect honey, not replant. They were fine yesterday - but today simply cannot be used.

[Post New]by laramthun on Aug 11, 13 9:27 AM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still not being credited for completing quests.

dubemi
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by dubemi on Aug 11, 13 6:44 PM
Re ost any Farm Up Free To Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by devondiamond on Aug 9, 13 12:17 PM
Cannot access my hives...I have two but cannot click them to collect honey, not replant. They were fine yesterday - but today simply cannot be used.

I pretty sure the hives have a certain amount of honey they could produce and than they stop working, presently I'm building my 4th hives, I do have only one producing at the time and 3 already died, so I sold the dead hive and build a new

My 2 first hives give me app 990 honey, the 3th one only 315, so I'm not sure if it's matter or time or qty before it's dry up

Edited on 08/11/2013 at 6:46:03 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 12, 13 1:01 PM
Hi there Farmers!

I just wanted to pop in and advise anyone who has had trouble with quests not completing correctly or features working incorrectly, to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can help with your individual issue.

We know this is disappointing for those of you excited to play the update so contacting support is the quickest way we can make that content available and functional for you.

Thank you all in advance for working with us on this!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 1:01:40 PM PST

[Post New]by sassyNoz0407 on Aug 13, 13 1:22 PM

I was almost to the last levels.. I have even bought gold coins. Last night like every day I was playing and I exit the game. Today When I opened it the option to continue it is no longer high lighted... I'm beyond mad. Since I had actual money invested.

Go to: