angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 29, 13 1:32 AM
I use Vista and am having the same problems with games not installing, so it's not limited to XP users.

Been told by CS that the games installation aspect of the new GM hasn't changed from the old GM, so of course that means it must be my PC. What a surprise

I've already wasted over 2gb of my monthly limit downloading one game 3 times and some others twice I wish BFG would realise that not everyone has access to fixed line broadband; where I live there is no cabling for it. We have to use mobile bb and pay for a limited amount of data; mine is 15gb a month and I'm charged per mb if I exceed it. So I'm not exactly thrilled at wasting over 2gb of it on a couple of games

And my PC needs the data allowance for other things as well as games. Now I'm forced to pick and choose which games I demo for the next two weeks, maybe buy one game depending on the file size and probably miss out on some of the offers. Great.

Re:Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by salucas216 on Jul 29, 13 4:12 AM
I keep getting "installation failed". I know it's the game since I have downloaded 3 other games without problems.

chrmn2k
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by chrmn2k on Jul 29, 13 7:31 AM
This game seemed to load but came up with the error that my DPI needed to be changed to 100% . I know how to change the dpi, but I am not going to stop and change before I play this one game. Usually, the program should provide a change to run Windows 7 Basic. Any advise? I'd love to run the game. It runs perfectly fine on my WinXP laptop.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 29, 13 10:04 AM
salucas216 wrote:I keep getting "installation failed". I know it's the game since I have downloaded 3 other games without problems.

Just wondering if your pc asked permission to install and you didn't notice it. I get install failure if I'm away from 'puter when the download is finished. Then I just click 'install' then all is well
If I'm busy with another window open looking at something else or surfing the 'request permission' doesn't interrupt and install fails. Hope this helps

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Jul 29, 13 11:45 AM
Not installation. But when I call up the lens thingee in a room that has no magic symbols, there's no way to exit it, no way to exit the room, nor click on menu, guide, hint, journal. It captures all key click in its state.

Had to control-alt-delete and kill the game from the task manager.

At least I didn't encounter a dead body yet in the game, on the plus side. I really prefer a different theme that mental sanitoria and zombies. So, if I did get it installed (properly?), at least convey to the developers they picked a better theme.

Going to uninstall this thing now.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 29, 13 3:58 PM
Ceekah wrote:Multiple attempts to install on XP. Failed to install. No error code.

This is exactly what happened to me as well; installation failed with no error code and when I clicked install, all I got was 60 minutes up. I've never had a problem like this before with ANY game -- only resolution incompatiblity with a few of the newer games.

MEnr56

[Post New]by christann1 on Jul 29, 13 4:13 PM
BF --
Who quality checks these games? I've installed, reinstalled and uninstalled this game 5 times. Always get the same message "Error 766" Installation failed.
I also see I'm not the only one with this problem, but no fix has been offered.
Will try CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

[Post New]by iluvpapillons on Jul 30, 13 9:07 AM
Cannot find the knight to put in the right cannon!

Draconity
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Draconity on Jul 30, 13 2:35 PM
I too can't install it. When it goes to activate the trial, I get an error that the trial is over.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 30, 13 5:28 PM
iluvpapillons wrote:Cannot find the knight to put in the right cannon!

You might have better results getting help if you start a new thread to ask for help. This is a Tech Issues thread and people do not look in here for questions and/or answers strictly relating to gameplay.

[Post New]by yellotxrosa on Jul 31, 13 1:18 AM
Fantastic game if you could play it. Installed fine, started running fine then, all of a sudden received an error message stating :Error reading text file etc. and then it went hay wire. I have never had a problem with any of Big Fish games before nor sense except with this game. I have done everything suggested then went to HP support and they said its with the game or your site and they could not get it to run proper either. Now, what do I do now, I wasted money, time and nothing. Please let me know what to do. I have windows 7 and while at HP tec. they installed all the new updates necessary. it is now Aug. 15 tired of getting the runaround with this stupid game, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 08/15/2013 at 7:12:08 PM PST

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jul 31, 13 8:25 AM
Has anybody got onto the "tech guys" about the 60 min demo being over before even trying it ?, everything on my pc is upto date and i wondered if they have given you the same old check this check that ?, which i have found in the past does nothing at all, we shouldnt have to mess with our pc to get these games working.
It seems like BFG are always trying to pass the buck and say it's our pc's at fault, well the testement is in the amount of people that are having issues with this, you never get the BFG team conversing with the "tech guys" and coming back and saying anything about the problems with games, " tech guys" must be on another planet, dont mind taking the money but dont want to converse, and as some gamers are saying they dont have unlimited broadband to keep trying to download this game/demo.
Not right and not fair to keep gamers in the dark, shame on you.
Here endeth the rant.
PS If these games are tested before they go out for VIruses etc,etc, how come none of your testers found no problems with this game or is it just one person who tests these game(s), would like to know.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 1, 13 1:04 AM
I contacted CS again about this installation issue and my utter frustration with the new GM, which seemed to me to be the cause of the problem. I was given a link for the re-install of the previous GM, which I downloaded after uninstalling the new one.

And not a single issue with installing a game since; no error codes and no 'installation failed' messages. One download, demo installed and activated. So I'm sticking with the old GM until it becomes too outdated to use!

pateo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by pateo on Aug 1, 13 8:03 AM
Definitely the game, have subsequently downloaded and installed without problem other games. I doubt very much whether bigfish will do anything about it other than tell you it's your computer. Tech guy read off script and give you one thing at a time to try,if that entails a dozen or more things then it will take a dozen or more days to go through everything even if your send a dr felix report, which details everything they need to know about your system. I am seriously disappointed with the level of service given to their customers, if someone has a link to the old GM if would be appreciated if that could be put on this page in order to try it. I was given no option as to whether I wanted to use the new GM or not, it was just there.

Rant over.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Aug 1, 13 10:54 AM
Windows XP. Have tried 5 times now. Failed to install message each time

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 7, 13 7:25 AM
Heya everyone,

I'm sorry to see so many still have problems to install the game .

If you haven't done so yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and also provide them with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so they can have a look at what could be causing this. Please keep in mind that these kind of problems can have several causes so there usually isn't a universal step to solve it.

For those of you that are getting error messages or are having display problems with the game, it could be that your computer is experiencing some problems to display the game. In this case it could help to make sure that everything is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 08/07/2013 at 7:26:00 AM PST

CarlottaG
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CarlottaG on Aug 9, 13 12:04 AM
Hi Everyone;

I have a problem with the game it will blank off and go to the menu also have me to continue or to go to the option or main menu. I always click continue and it will kept doing it, when I click on the map or anyone thing else. I have a hp desktop with window 7 and a large hard Drive and good memory. I have download about 100 games and everyone of them have never had a problem with them. This is the only one that I had a problem with, could it be a patch out there that will stop this problem for the game.

CarlottaG

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Aug 9, 13 12:36 AM
Hi CarlottaG

You could try uninstall then reinstall. If that doesn't work check your software doesn't need any updates then

You need to contact Customer Support.

You need to do a Dr Felix Report and attach it to the form you submit or attach at Live Chat. Instructions are on the homepage of Technical Talk. do mention on the form or Live Chat that you have done all the updates, that might save time.

If you are a game club member you can use Live Chat accessed through the My Account tab. The opening times are in BFG time which may not be the same as yours.

Or you can click on the green envelope then click on Contact Us at the bottom left of the page that comes up go to the form and fill it out and submit. Replies will go to your email. The first one is an automated response to let you know it has been received. Check your spam folder if not received within a few hours of submission of the form

[Post New]by CLUELESS35861 on Aug 11, 13 6:53 PM
running in w7pro, keeps prompting for 100dpi settings; will not run, reset dpi, no difference, game will not start or run without immediate shutdown and 100dpi message

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 12, 13 12:44 PM
Hi CLUELESS35861,

Sorry to see you are having this trouble.

The majority of games are formatted to run on machines with 100% DPI settings and so if you haven't already, please try to make this change and hopefully you will see an improvement!

If you have tried this already without results, or would like some help with this process, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to assist you.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Go to: