debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:AoM: Hunt for the Puppeteer group play, started Aug. 3rd, all welcome!

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 3, 13 4:21 PM
Stopped to make dinner for hubby and 2 sons. Food sure does help revive the brain. Got another hint from UHS. I do so love how they do it so Super Thanks for suggesting it when you get stuck.

This is as good as a Criminal Minds show. Heh heh heh.....

Hope everyone is having fun.

Edited on 08/03/2013 at 4:42:57 PM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Aug 3, 13 4:57 PM
I do have a question about saving the game. Just how many times do you have to save as I saved several times and before I left the game for awhile cause I needed a break from it well it has all my saves except for the most recent one of course! What's up with that?

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 3, 13 5:24 PM
Finally got out of the dance hall (you were right luvtoread , that did drive me crazy). Have managed to get as far as trying to get away from the police in the rental car and I think I might stop for the night. This is further than I got the last time I tried this on my own! However, I am really starting to dislike the main character, she just moves so slowly - is this common in these type of games? I remember in The Silver Earring I wanted to give Sherlock a swift kick in the pants to speed him up!

debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 3, 13 5:33 PM
read61 wrote:Finally got out of the dance hall (you were right luvtoread , that did drive me crazy). Have managed to get as far as trying to get away from the police in the rental car and I think I might stop for the night. This is further than I got the last time I tried this on my own! However, I am really starting to dislike the main character, she just moves so slowly - is this common in these type of games? I remember in The Silver Earring I wanted to give Sherlock a swift kick in the pants to speed him up!

Nicole and the slowness- You can double click on her to make her run.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 3, 13 5:34 PM
sportygal You might not have noticed but when you go to load
game, look to the right, you will see arrows to scroll up or down.
Your recently saved game may be up out of sight (hope I am
explaining it so you understand).

I am stuck. The tire: I ****marked the hole in tire, cut out the
patch, talked to Raul who said he would now fix the tire.
Well, patch is still in my inventory, but tire is not
Not sure what to do. I must admit to enjoying the conversations
with him.

read61

OK....figured out my mistake and I have moved on. I must say, he
is something else. He ****asks about getting paid after Nicole
does all the work. She should've told him he would get
paid "tomorrow
"**

GOOD GRIEF----STUCK ALREADY...AGAIN. Did not get to far
from my last stuck. Trying to open **the safe**
I did **the clock-wise, counter-clock wise, then all one direction
thinking I should do it the way its pointed on clue..safe will not
open no matter what. I hear a click on all but the last number

I think its time for

Did it!! WHEEE----now I can sleep in peace.

Edited on 08/03/2013 at 6:57:51 PM PST

[Post New]by TideWaters on Aug 3, 13 7:34 PM
Tidewaters is here and VERY RUSTY!!!! I Finally just finished the group play we started last October.

I can't for the life of me remember which two buttons you hit to toggle between the game and here or the URL, if needed??? Can anyone please refresh me???

Just getting started.

Missed you all

Tide

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Aug 3, 13 8:27 PM
Hi Tidewaters,
That was a long group play you were on!
Are you referring to the link that used to show up in the game manager?
I think it was located on the left and said "get tips in the forum"?
Anyway, there is a new game manager and I have not been able to find that link either, I think they did away with it.
And, I liked that link too!

Edited on 08/03/2013 at 8:28:10 PM PST

[Post New]by TideWaters on Aug 3, 13 9:28 PM
Thanks for the info mcquigan. Always something great gets left out when a better version comes along???? I do like the new Game Manager much better overall though.

I've done the following and still can't leave the building: (Cotton swab on cheek, lifted the FP, closed the top window, found the plank with numbers on the floor, found all the desk items, I believe, including the hidden door. Messed with the fuse box, spoke with the policeman, looked at the shattered glass and upturned chair and taken 6 pictures. Also have the doll. What the ? am I missing? Can't do anything with the blasted piano though. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tide

debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 3, 13 10:25 PM
TideWaters wrote:Thanks for the info mcquigan. Always something great gets left out when a better version comes along???? I do like the new Game Manager much better overall though.

I've done the following and still can't leave the building: (Cotton swab on cheek, lifted the FP, closed the top window, found the plank with numbers on the floor, found all the desk items, I believe, including the hidden door. Messed with the fuse box, spoke with the policeman, looked at the shattered glass and upturned chair and taken 6 pictures. Also have the doll. What the ? am I missing? Can't do anything with the blasted piano though. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tide

Hi there it took me forever to finally get it all right. I used the hints from UHS-
.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/artofmurder2/5.php
You can try this:
"]Have you tried taking pictures of the clue items right in your inventory? You need copies to send back to headquarters. "

I'm off to bed

Edited on 08/03/2013 at 10:30:56 PM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Aug 3, 13 11:23 PM
Hi again Tidewaters,
I had a heck of a time with that too, the fingerprint, needs to be ensconced in the sheets of paper.
The only thing left in my inventory was the tape.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Aug 4, 13 1:56 AM
Tidewaters, Hey! Hi! Hello! How ya been! Where ya been? We've worried about you. Glad you're back!

To toggle between the game and your desktop, use TAB/ALT.

Mr_Russ has an excellent step by step walkthrough for the first crime scene on page one of this forum. There's a lot of little steps to complete. Remember to photograph everything that you can.

I do miss the forums link on the old GM.

I wish Nicole would stop and eat. Girl, fer cryin' out loud! You're in Paris!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 4, 13 4:42 AM
Back and ready to play again. Just wanted to make sure I could still access this site - had a lot of trouble getting here yesterday. Maybe today a mod will swim by and make the link clickable. I was wondering - I have a hard copy of the game as I bought it at a store; every time I go back in I have to sit through that really long opening sequence (boring). Do those of you who DLed the game have to do the same thing? Whenever I come in here I have to save, exit, do all the steps to get here, then go back in and watch that opening bit again - by then I have forgotten whatever it was I came in here for in the first place! Is there a better way? I have been double-clicking Bonet to make her go faster but I still think a good swift kick up the backside would be better....... Maybe I just have no patience.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Aug 4, 13 4:45 AM
Aquatic wrote:Tidewaters...

I wish Nicole would stop and eat. Girl, fer cryin' out loud! You're in Paris!

Ha, well put Aquatic.

You can come back from France, make your own Grand Creme , dip in your croissant and it is just not the same...

I quit playing around 7:00 last night because I wanted to get murder off my mind and get to bed at a decent time, which I did. Problem being I could not go to sleep.
I did however read a book called (coincidentally) "Kissed in Paris" while I laid in bed hoping to get tired. It was a perfect beach book. When I am trying to go to sleep I do not want to read books that make me worry about how ranchers are treating their stock, or if I'm getting enough fiber, I want a beach book; that it was.

So here it is, 4:41 am in Washington state, I've given up on sleeping, and going back to murder.

Btw, I never bother with why I "edited" it is always the same, typos.

Edited on 08/04/2013 at 4:47:05 AM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 4, 13 5:31 AM
mcquigan--you have just made me hungry.

read61 I have to laugh...you sound like me with the
"gamer's grumps".
I do not have hard copy, but have you tried the alt & tab buttons
to reduce game down? The opening part I just hit the esc
button, twice.

I am getting ready to do the dreaded **slider puzzle**
I see there is a lot of posts on that one.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 4, 13 6:36 AM
Late to the party, but I finally managed to start
Took me ages to process the crime scene and am now trying to * sort the power problem in my hotel room*

debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 4, 13 7:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone - Got my coffee and ready to go. It's so nice to see all of the chit chat from all of you. I didn't know about using Tab/Alt to bring the game down.
That is cool.

We should all pick a meal we would like Nicole to eat. For me it would be
" Crepe Suzette "

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Aug 4, 13 7:36 AM
Hi everyone, I finally got started today but after two hours and counting I am still in the first room ** I have collected 5 pieces of evidence and taken 6 pictures but I still can't leave. There are only three question marks showing two over the piano and one over the table but she doesn't say anything special and there isn't anything left in my inventory for my to do anything. When I try to speak to the policeman the only option I get is 'end of converstion'.** I keep walking in circles, my quess walking right by the answer.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 4, 13 7:45 AM
Raven-wing, you need my step-by-step in the forum..
My expectation is that you're missing the same as everything else does - when you put the tape on the graphite powder on the smudges to collect the fingerprints, did you combine that with a sheet of white backing paper in inventory?

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Aug 4, 13 8:23 AM
Mr_Russ I was so excited to start the game that I never checked the forum out. You were right ** I didn't combine the fingerprints with the sheet of paper.** Thank you, I thought I was going to be stuck in that room for days.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Aug 4, 13 9:39 AM
Hi to all the group ,

Finally I started to play, cost me a lot to find a pencil!!!

To me is a bit difficult, but I'm reading the different questions in the forum !

Thank you in special to Mr_Russ ,
M.

Go to: