Social Aspect

Re:Social Aspect

[Post New]by workforwine on Aug 22, 13 9:34 AM
There is a MAILBOX in the main screen, if you click on the mailbox it appears we CAN send messages to our friends/Neighbors!!
I did find a way to send gift requests; there is a PEARL IN A BOX (RELICS) in the lower right hand corner for the RELICS, if you need an item to complete your relic; click on the item you need and you can request the needed item from your friend/neighbor. It can be done if the item in question has a Gift wrapped box, click on it to add it to your wish list

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 10:00:36 AM PST

pveil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pveil on Aug 26, 13 8:54 PM
New to the forums, so - Hi all!
Have been doing a little experimenting with the game; I've not been able to get the find friends window to work on profiles I know exist, no matter how I format them. I was, however, able to get at least one of the wizard battles to work in the FB version, but not here, which makes me think there's some kind of server issue they either disabled or haven't figured out how to duplicate. I suspect a lot of the friending problem comes in with people who are either not continuing with the game or don't want to engage that aspect of it, but their names wind up being randomly selected to be suggested. Do we know yet if this is interfacing with the other version?

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 27, 13 9:08 AM
pveil wrote:New to the forums, so - Hi all!
Have been doing a little experimenting with the game; I've not been able to get the find friends window to work on profiles I know exist, no matter how I format them. I was, however, able to get at least one of the wizard battles to work in the FB version, but not here, which makes me think there's some kind of server issue they either disabled or haven't figured out how to duplicate. I suspect a lot of the friending problem comes in with people who are either not continuing with the game or don't want to engage that aspect of it, but their names wind up being randomly selected to be suggested. Do we know yet if this is interfacing with the other version?

hiya and welcome pveil.

ok as of now we can not add friends of our own, we have to use the random generated friends and just keep sending out the invites and eventually you will get a friend/neighbor.. it may take some time but just keep sending out the invites everyday.

now as far as the battles, we know that the customer service already notified us, thru a chat w/another poster, that the Battles will not be enabled on our online version, only thru the other social network's version, for the full info on this you can look at the Battles thread. hope this helps.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 27, 13 10:07 AM
Hi pveil

I'm really glad to have you as a neighbour If there is anything you really, really want on your wish list beyond all others, feel free to send me a message and I'll send it to you.

I'm fairly sure that you can't sync this version with FB's. In the future they may take it off online and have it downloadable onto our PC's with the ability to sync with FB. They have made BF's version of Dark manor interfaceable with IOS devices and FB. But at the moment, this version is sort of stand alone, except for the finding of random neighbours.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 29, 13 8:37 AM
hmmm.. ok.. anyone else got a neighbor that is sleeping? i click the WAKE UP and zilch. my screen changes from full to window mode and that is it. any suggestions or am i just stuck w/a neighbor that is gonna sleep forever?

ps.. they were in sleep mode the day after they became my neighbor, so go figure.

harnold156
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by harnold156 on Aug 29, 13 11:04 AM
how do i get more diamonds

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 29, 13 12:33 PM
burnettchic318 wrote:hmmm.. ok.. anyone else got a neighbor that is sleeping? i click the WAKE UP and zilch. my screen changes from full to window mode and that is it. any suggestions or am i just stuck w/a neighbor that is gonna sleep forever?

I have 3 neighbors who are all asleep now, and the same exact thing happens when I click the button to wake them up. :/

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 29, 13 12:35 PM
harnold156 wrote:how do i get more diamonds

You get 5 diamonds every time you level up. You can also find them in the labyrinths, get them when you play the lotto, and occasionally get them as a prize when playing the rest of the game. And if all else fails and you're desperate, you can buy them (with real money) in the bank.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Aug 30, 13 5:11 AM
Hi there. I have been playing this game for five days now and I am totally hooked.

It is very frustrating that we cannot select usernames of people we know. It would be great if those of us, on this messageboard could invite each other to be neighbours and help each other out. It is disappointing, though, that chasing a ghost away from a neighbour's property doesn't have any real time effect on their game. I would love to have someone take care of my ghost problem for me. I knew it would be a mistake to level up my portal to level two...

I seem to have one neighbour to visit, as well as Elvira whom I send a gift to every day but have had no response back yet

Well, it's been a slow work week for me, not everyone is so lucky...

I am 42 and I live in New Zealand.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 30, 13 7:06 AM
spocalina wrote:

I have 3 neighbors who are all asleep now, and the same exact thing happens when I click the button to wake them up. :/

just woke my sleeper up, i kept hitting the wake up to no avail this am and decided to do the tried and true thing of sending a message, soon as i did that TA DA they were woke and i was able to visit them. go figure.. so if you have a sleeper and the WAKE UP don't work for you, try sending them a letting in game, couldn't hurt..

@ AuntyMog - hiya and welcome.

Edited on 08/30/2013 at 7:06:46 AM PST

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 30, 13 12:33 PM
Wow! So to clarify, did you send them a message through the general big fish games messaging system, or within the Rooms of Memory mailbox thing?

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 31, 13 8:20 AM
spocalina wrote:Wow! So to clarify, did you send them a message through the general big fish games messaging system, or within the Rooms of Memory mailbox thing?

I sent the msg thru the game via the mailbox. crossing my fingers that it works for you too. let me know.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Aug 31, 13 1:49 PM
My only neighbour has gone to sleep. I have tried messaging them. Still no response. Felling very lonely...

I'm guessing it depends on the player actually returning to the game.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 31, 13 7:17 PM
I tried messaging them yesterday through the game mailbox, but no luck yet... we'll see.

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Sep 1, 13 12:01 AM
Hi there, nice to see that a lot of Founders are here :-)

I keep sending invitations to all random neighbors I can get and - hard to believe after reading this thread - I already have 6 neighbors!

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 1, 13 8:46 AM
spocalina wrote:I tried messaging them yesterday through the game mailbox, but no luck yet... we'll see.

AuntyMog wrote:My only neighbour has gone to sleep. I have tried messaging them. Still no response..

I'm guessing it depends on the player actually returning to the game.

ok.. what i have seen happen for me is this. When this person is sleeping, I hit WAKE UP, then my game goes to small/window mode, but if I look at that person's icon/neighbor window it is no longer showing me WAKE UP. I am able to go to their land and to gift them, but not long after I visit and gift they are back asleep.

This is all after I sent that ingame mail to them informing them that I have tried to wake them up.

hope this helps, keep me posted.

Edited on 09/01/2013 at 8:47:32 AM PST

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 1, 13 1:01 PM
Awesome, it worked! That is, it works once for each friend, and then I have to reload the game in order for it to work for a different neighbor. But I'm excited just to have a way to visit all these sleeping neighbors. Thanks for the tip!

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Sep 1, 13 1:09 PM
Hi Spocalina,
nice to meet you outside :-)

As one of your neighbors: Am I one of the sleeping ones?
(because then, the sleeping has nothing to do with actual gaming activities...)

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 2, 13 4:41 AM
Hi zitronenfalter12!
What a pleasure to meet you here! Especially since of 6 neighbors, you are definitely one of the two not sleeping ones.

As far as I can tell, the game is pretty accurate about marking people as "sleeping". It always seems to happen a few days after I see that neighbor stop leveling up and unlocking new locations. I have no idea exactly how long of inactivity it takes before a neighbor "goes to sleep" though.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 2, 13 8:25 AM
spocalina wrote:Awesome, it worked! That is, it works once for each friend, and then I have to reload the game in order for it to work for a different neighbor. But I'm excited just to have a way to visit all these sleeping neighbors. Thanks for the tip!

NP.. glad it works for you. happy gaming my friend.

spocalina wrote:

As far as I can tell, the game is pretty accurate about marking people as "sleeping". It always seems to happen a few days after I see that neighbor stop leveling up and unlocking new locations. I have no idea exactly how long of inactivity it takes before a neighbor "goes to sleep" though.

not so sure bout what it takes for someone to be marked as SLEEPING, cuz the one neighbor that is my sleepy head, falls right back to sleep about 5mins after I visit so no telling. but long as I have that tip to wake them, i am all good.

Go to: