barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Aug 21, 13 8:37 AM
Is anyone else having problems with it lagging? Also, did they ever get the cutter glitched fixed? Really want to get this, but with the lagging it has and the cutter issue not sure

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by drlnikki on Aug 21, 13 9:15 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Folks,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly <a href="http://bigfi.sh/18DIVz3">Tech Support Team</a>.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help, that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Baikal, I have contacted tech support and have not received a response. I contacted them on Sunday.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Aug 22, 13 4:27 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya spenny1,

Since it sounds like other games are having problems as well, it could be that your computer is in need of a few updates to make sure that it can run as best as possible. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">here</a>.

If this doesn’t help, our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Technical Support</a> will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688>Dr. Felix</a> report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

It's really only games from this dev. I think my laptop is pretty up to date but it would be nice to have the option of live chat so that I can be talked through it. Are we ever getting that service back? It's supposed to be one of the perks of membership

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 22, 13 7:07 AM
Heya All,

barelyberlee - When your game is freezing, it could be that some of the software on your computer could do with a little update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here. Regarding the cutter we are currently still investigating this issue and it would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team.

drlnikki - While our Customer Support usually tries to make sure that they get back to you within 72 hours, occasionally it can take a bit longer. They'll definitely make sure to reply to you as soon as possible, though!

spenny1 - Our Live-Chat will be back as soon as possible. We currently have a high amount of queries that already that still need answering so we want to make sure to get through them before focusing on our Live-Chat again.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Aug 22, 13 4:05 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya All,

barelyberlee - When your game is freezing, it could be that some of the software on your computer could do with a little update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">here</a>. Regarding the cutter we are currently still investigating this issue and it would be great if you could get in touch with our <a href=" https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a>.

drlnikki - While our Customer Support usually tries to make sure that they get back to you within 72 hours, occasionally it can take a bit longer. They'll definitely make sure to reply to you as soon as possible, though!

spenny1 - Our Live-Chat will be back as soon as possible. We currently have a high amount of queries that already that still need answering so we want to make sure to get through them before focusing on our Live-Chat again.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Thank you bfgBiwa, I don't think it has anything to do with my computer. It's only this company, it's not freezing just dragging and moving very slow, I click on something and it takes forever going into my inventory, then doing the fertilizer was very hard as I would move my mouse and there was no flow, the shovel just slowly moved to where I needed it to go. Thanks for the help, probably a pass for me, just wait and try the SE and see if it's better

b58aby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b58aby on Aug 24, 13 11:03 AM
I'm having the same problem. I get Unsupported Mode". I have all the rest of Echoes of the Past game and wanted to add this one. Please tell dev's to fix the problem. Tech support had me going around with things to do and games still dont work. Please help somebody.

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Aug 25, 13 5:42 PM
When I try to launch the game, I get a message asking for a CD. If I click 'Continue' several times the game will eventually load. I still get to play, it just requires going through a little weirdness. What is the cause? How can I make it stop?

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Aug 26, 13 3:41 AM
The game also will not open for me it just keeps returning to the game manager, have uninstalled and reinstalled with no results, PLease FIX, I was enjoying this game and would like to continue if I can ever get it to open again..............

[Post New]by mscoachung on Aug 26, 13 8:17 AM
jeffory wrote:The game also will not open for me it just keeps returning to the game manager, have uninstalled and reinstalled with no results, PLease FIX, I was enjoying this game and would like to continue if I can ever get it to open again..............

I have the same problem. It has never loaded. just returns to the game manager and thanks me for playing (which I have never been able to do).

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 4:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

bfgBaikal

***edited to remove incorrect information***

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 4:30:02 AM PST

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Aug 27, 13 12:11 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a>. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

bfgBaikal

What green envelope? I think someone has nicked it.

In other news, I have checked and my graphics card etc is all up to date

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 27, 13 7:38 PM
spenny1 wrote:
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a>. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

bfgBaikal

What green envelope? I think someone has nicked it.

In other news, I have checked and my graphics card etc is all up to date

Ha! Even the mods can't navigate the new site. Since the site overhaul, the link to customer support can now be found at the bottom of this page. Look for "Get Help" then click on the blue words "Customer Support".

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 4:26 AM
Apologies folks, my mistake. Blame my muscle memory!

Instead of using the green envelope, please use the blue Help to the top right of the page as this will also bring you to the help pages and the Contact Us link I referred to above.

Thank you.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 4:30:35 AM PST

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 30, 13 11:50 AM
Running iMac with OS10.7.5. Game continually crashes. Crashed the computer at one point. Do not tell me it is my computer needing an update. As soon as an update appears, I install it.
I also play some games on my PC. I never have these problems with that computer. I do not think that developers truly set these games up for iMac. So many problems.
It is such a pain to be told to uninstall and reinstall games. Any progress you may have made is gone. And, the game still crashes.
Frustrated.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 30, 13 3:46 PM
Hello Syndalee,

I can definitely understand the frustration that you're feeling.

I'd suggest contacting our dedicated Mac Support Team so one of our Reps can take a look at what's going on and offer some specialized instructions to help sort this out.

To reach them just click on the blue Help button on the top right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this his resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Aug 30, 13 4:27 PM
littleoldlady wrote:When I try to launch the game, I get a message asking for a CD. If I click 'Continue' several times the game will eventually load. I still get to play, it just requires going through a little weirdness. What is the cause? How can I make it stop?

I'm having the same issue

[Post New]by 9chickenslady on Aug 31, 13 6:01 PM
Can't finish the game it crashes every time. I get to the last stairs, enter play for a while then it crashes. What's up with that. I've tried three times. Help

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Sep 2, 13 11:11 PM
I,m having a different thing.gave the ointment to old guy in gazebo,and it disappears.can not play .any thing else in game

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 11, 13 12:49 PM
Well I am having a totally different issue, game played fine until I played the decorate the hat mini game.
I clicked on the set of starfish, to place in the squares, and they stuck to my cursor, couldn't place them anywhere, couldn't set them back down, tried right clicking, nothing worked, THEY were glued to my mouse, had to do CTRL+ALT+DEL, to get out of the game .

So frustrating, as I was really enjoying this game a LOT, and wanted to buy it, but after reading the other glitches it has also, with the glass cutter, I have no choice but to pass, unless they come up with a fix, but by than the sale will be over .
Why all of a sudden, are there so many issues with the games, that are being released, NEVER had all of these issues in the 4yrs I've been a BF member, so I just don't understand it .

Does anyone know if the SE could possibly work, or is the exact same format, and would have the same glitches?

Ok, I just tried playing the game again, went right back to hat mini game, and this time, it played fine, so now I am really confused, should I buy or not .
Arrr..hate when this happen's, this seems like such a good game..lol, decisions decisions...only have a few hours to decide, can we extend the SALE PLEASE?

Edited on 09/11/2013 at 1:21:29 PM PST

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Sep 12, 13 2:16 PM
It gets worse and worse... this seems to be one of those games that are just not going to work properly no matter what...

Yes, I've lost my glasscutter. Sigh. Me and half the BF world, I guess. I uninstalled and reinstalled, ran a Dr. Felix scan, and have contacted Tech Support... and am now holding my breath until they get back to me.

To make matters worse, now that I've reinstalled, the game wouldn't open again until the 5th try, and has begun running very slowly. Looking at all the other comment, there is obviously something wrong with the game since there are already 58 tech problem comments on this thread.

Go to: