tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 17, 13 9:45 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:
tammytheo wrote:
bpurdum2 wrote:The game downloads but when I click on Play all I get is a black screen with a cursor. I have to shut down my computer manually since hitting Ctrl/Alt does nothing. I don't remember having this type of problem with any of the hundreds of games I have played. I have all of the other Awakening games but I guess I won't be buying this one. I have downloaded it 3 times and it just won't start.

Hi there bpurdum2,

The first couple of times I opened the game, I too got the black screen with just the game cursor in it. After a little while though the game started and it played properly. The third time I got back to it, the game started right away. Why don't you give it a try, just wait a little longer this time, and see if that works for you too?

I did just as you said. It took a full 2 minutes for the game to start. I closed out the game and started it again to see if it would start ok. It started right away this time so I am buying it along with another CE game. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome. Glad it worked.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Possible Glitched Hidden Object

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 9:53 PM
oomun2002 wrote:I'm in chapter 2, doing a hidden object sequence that asks me to find a 'crab'. I even had the owl point it out to me and clicked on it multiple times--the game won't allow me to get the item. It's the last item on the hidden object list and I can't continue without it! What a disappointment.

Sometimes the pixels are not all active. Have you tried clicking all over and around that crab? With some games I have to click all over the place before I am able to get hold of an item.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 17, 13 11:32 PM
dippydebby wrote:No I didnt, I assumed it would let me have the option, when I clicked " Buy now." Obviously my mistake, but still not happy about it. Ive never bought BOGOFS or bundle sales before, so I do think it could have been explained better for us novices. Thank you for your reply, lesson learnt for the next time

Customer service will help you out. They are very accommodating. Just go here and explain what happened:

https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 18, 13 2:43 AM
Heya Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that quite some issues have been sneaking in here. As it seems that this thread is rather lively I would like to point out that this thread is dedicated to technical issues with Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition. If you have any non-tech related issues, please don't hesitate to create a new discussion .

If you are experiencing problems with the game not displaying properly, the mouse not working as it should or only seeing black screens, this could be a sign that your computer is having problems to process the game properly. Often a small update to the graphic software can already help solving this. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

If you are having problems with puzzles not completing properly, items not showing or the game in generally not reacting as it should, it could be that some of your game's files are a bit confused. In this case it could help to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game as this will refresh all game files for you and make sure that the game can run properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Aug 18, 13 8:48 AM
I am at the point where the Enchantress is locked in the vines ( I think they are vines) and I have lost my inventory. Cannot access it at all. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Aug 18, 13 8:48 AM
I am at the point where the Enchantress is locked in the vines ( I think they are vines) and I have lost my inventory. Cannot access it at all. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

[Post New]by mrsdatabits on Aug 18, 13 2:28 PM
Seemed to have solved my mouse issue. Apparently I needed to turn off my mouse tails in my mouse settings? When I did that my pointer in game works. Just throwing that out there in case anyone else has that issue.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 13 1:48 AM
Heya Fishies,

mrsdatabits - That's great to hear, thank you so much for sharing!

ctitus - It could be that some of the files for your game aren't working properly anymore. In these cases it often helps to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game as this will refresh all game files and make sure that they can work properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Aug 19, 13 9:21 AM
I was able to complete main game without any glitches. When I started the Bonus Chapter everything was fine until I put the third dragon pin in the box where the shattered rocks were and the 1st Rune. I put the dragon pin in and instead of letting me charge the rune, the scene closed and I am locked out of obtaining the last rune I need to complete the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no luck. So now I either have to start over, or the devs need to fix this glitch.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 19, 13 12:00 PM
Hi jlbaughn1,

Thanks for letting us know that happened. Since you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game already, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. Not only will they be able to look into that further, they can also pass along your issue to the proper teams to investigate.

Hopefully we can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 19, 13 12:29 PM
I wasn't going to buy this game, but then my little Owl and Dragon showed up and I had to purchase it. Good game, but seems a little short, but time will tell.

Now for my good deed of the day. To help the poor moderator:
REMOVED BY MODERATOR.
That will save him/her time.

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Aug 19, 13 1:50 PM
chanda57 wrote:I am in chapter 4 in the gallery. I finished the mini game in the cabinet but after clicking on the flour it threw me out of the cabinet and won't let me back in to get the pestle and another item I can't remember. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running Windows 7.

I have the same problem
Any solution on that?
But running Windows XP

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 1:51:39 PM PST

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on Aug 19, 13 3:49 PM
tulsachic wrote:I cannot get this or any other game to download??? I am really confused, as to why not...

Pyxie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Game display off-centre, mouse cues misaligned

[Post New]by Pyxie on Aug 19, 13 5:18 PM
Hi,

I installed the game on my Mac today and started playing. The first time everything was fine. However, when I quit and re-started, the screen ratios seemed off. It was like everything moved about 2.5 centimetres to the right. And the mouse will not align.

Tried restarting machine, twice. No luck.
Uninstalled, reinstalled. No luck.
Playing outside of Big Fish game player. No luck.

I am using a 15" MacBook Pro, fully updated on Mountain Lion.

Any thoughts?

[Follow up]
Checked the link you provided, the recommendations there seem to have fixed the issue. Thank you!

Edited on 08/20/2013 at 11:33:56 AM PST

[Post New]by britchie9147 on Aug 19, 13 5:18 PM
While showing the magnifying glass, the game will not zoom in on the pool with a view to enable placing the catfish in its new location. I've closed and reopened the game, but to no effect. I was able to zoom the that location earlier in the game, but not when the hint is telling me to complete that task.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 19, 13 9:24 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:I wasn't going to buy this game, but then my little Owl and Dragon showed up and I had to purchase it. Good game, but seems a little short, but time will tell.

Hi there Old_Man_River,

This is a pretty lengthy game actually and may I add a great one too.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 19, 13 10:50 PM
britchie9147 wrote:While showing the magnifying glass, the game will not zoom in on the pool with a view to enable placing the catfish in its new location. I've closed and reopened the game, but to no effect. I was able to zoom the that location earlier in the game, but not when the hint is telling me to complete that task.

Hi britchie9147,

You can't zoom in again on this particular area but that's ok because you don't have to in order to perform this task. Just take the catfish from your inventory, place it where the magnifying glass appears and click on it so the catfish can jump right in.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 20, 13 3:29 AM
Hi folks,

unicorn68 - Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game responds.

bevaa72 - There can be a number of different reasons why games will not download but the main causes are listed in the following help article, along with advice on how to combat them:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed.

Please have a look at that article to see if that may help.

Pyxie - Have you looked at our Mac specific help page here? This article has the best advice on how to optimize your games' performance and display on a Mac.

Please try the advice I have offered but if you continue to have trouble and would like more specific advice, please contact our friendly Tech Support Team for further assistance.

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/20/2013 at 3:29:30 AM PST

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Aug 20, 13 4:21 PM
Yes Baikal, I did all of it. Even though I cant imagine why that should help?
Its not crashing, freezing or a blank screen:
Everything works fine except the zooming in the cabinet.

[Post New]by ritakj on Aug 20, 13 5:27 PM
I have downloaded this game and was playing it but ran into problems trying to figure things out, so I went to the strategy guide only to find that a majority of it is missing. It only shows one page for the entire chapter which is the first page only.
I know there are more pages to a chapter than just one. Is there an update to this game? I usually don't run into this issue with missing strategy game stuff. Yes I do have the collection edition on this game.

Sincerely
Rita Jurgess

Go to: