TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Aug 27, 13 8:18 PM
Same problem. Used the map instead of backing out of the final room. Lost the raccoon and can't get the drumsticks. Not interested in playing the entire game again. Which means no bonus game and no extras. Not sure why I'm paying CE price for an SE game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 4:21 AM
I am sorry to hear this.

Please get in touch with Tech Support TimeKilla as I know this is disappointing and I would love to help, but they will be able to do much more for you than we can on the forums.

Thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Terribug on Aug 29, 13 11:07 AM
I am trying to do the hidden object scene in the bonus chapter but can get the 3rd. fin. The hint button points to the paper, the game will not let me finish folding it or move on. I do not want to reinstall this game

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 29, 13 1:28 PM
Terribug wrote:I am trying to do the hidden object scene in the bonus chapter but can get the 3rd. fin. The hint button points to the paper, the game will not let me finish folding it or move on. I do not want to reinstall this game
The clickable area is only very small - after you've folded the paper, you only need to pick up one corner of it (it's sort of an origami fish, and you pick up the fin).

[Post New]by SugarMax on Aug 31, 13 2:18 PM
I have the same problem with the disappearing raccoon and as a result, am unable to retrieve drumsticks and finish the game. Since there is only the current game saved, there is no way to go back a few scenes and try a different sequence of actions. This is definitely a 'show stopping' bug. There are a number of posts reporting the same problem, so I have to believe the game is at fault and not the players. I am a bit frustrated since I paid for the CE and cannot access any 'extras' because game is incomplete. Not sure I have the patience to start over and hope for a different outcome.

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Sep 1, 13 12:41 PM
FunIt wrote:I'm near in the last chapter. I found Mary and used the racoon on the control button to open the room. I probably went out using the map, and when I entered the location again, the racoon ran towards the drums, but the sweets were already gone.
Now the racoon is gone and I can't get it back. There is no way for me to get the drumsticks - game stopping bug, please fix.

Evidently this is a BIG problem for lots of folks. See lost Racoon

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 4, 13 2:06 AM
Hi SugarMax,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear you are all having trouble with this scene and you are right, you are not alone in this!

This is an issue we are currently working hard to fix.

Could you please write in to our Tech Support Team so we can keep on tracking this issue? That would really help!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can via the Forums.

Thank you, you appreciate your help!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/04/2013 at 2:07:05 AM PST

sgmorg1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sgmorg1 on Sep 6, 13 9:14 AM
I'm having the same issue with the almost-last scene where the raccoon disappears and I can't get the drumsticks. It's because I did the soap/dress-up thing. I do NOT have the time to go back and do another profile and get to this point. Is there any kind of shortcut? Or can I request my money back on this game? Very disappointing! So close....
I've already written tech response.

PLeiaSolo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by PLeiaSolo on Sep 8, 13 7:06 PM
I am playing the full version and not the demo. I'm having the same problems with the knife mentioned earlier. About half-way through, it stopped sharpening. I am rather frustrated at the moment!

I see the suggestions and will see what happens, but I want y'all to know I'm perplexed.

PLeiaSolo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by PLeiaSolo on Sep 8, 13 8:47 PM
WELL, none of the suggestions about sharpening the knife worked.....not even uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

I have sent a message to Tech Support.

It seems like this game has several bugs. Needless to say, I am rather annoyed and disappointed.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 14, 13 7:06 PM
Has anyone received a satisfactory solution to the problem with the disappearing raccoon? I was hopeful that after this much time and so many people sending inquiries and, I hope, Dr. Felix reports to Tech Support that a "fix" would have been found.

I have just added my inquiry and Dr. Felix report to the others. This is so frustrating. I have spent the time to work with Tech Support on a lot of glitches in the past, but I am beginning to be a bit disgruntled. I purchase casual games to relax, not find a source of aggravation. (Plenty of that in my life on a day-to-day basis, so I play casual games.)

[Post New]by cheshirerose on Sep 27, 13 10:08 PM
The game keeps crashing and I get a runtime error message. I have made sure all drivers are up to date, etc. I have to keep uninstalling then re-installing - it does pick up where I left off but only goes for a little while then crashes again. I have done this 3 times now and it has just crashed again.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Oct 5, 13 11:57 PM
I just completed this fine game and wanted to say about sharpening the knife to treat it like you are making a flint knife and sort of chip it from the middle of the blade out....
And after buying full version I could not get it to start at all , so in frustrated desperation I tried running it as Administrator and it ran just fine

seawar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

gun

[Post New]by seawar on Dec 31, 13 8:09 AM
In the bonus chapter, I can't pick up the gun to put in the box

[Post New]by cstarrfensky on Feb 8, 14 11:11 AM
I'm having the same problem as a lot of posters where the Raccoon disappears after running off after some non-existent sweets near the bongo drums. Will try uninstall and re-install, but it is very frustrating. I'll re-post if it solves the problem, as others with this same problem deserve to know!

Sure enough, uninstalling and re-installing did nothing to fix the problem. But, I didn't have to worry about losing my place, at least! Not that that did any good, I still cannot finish the game!

Edited on 02/08/2014 at 12:35:51 PM PST

Go to: